GDT Week 10: Packers vs. Panthers (Martinez on an Island Edition)

AlexGreen#20

1 minute ago, Greg C. said:

That's almost five yard per carry for Williams. He was very good, and he is saving Aaron Jones from taking all of the punishment. It was an ideal mix today. 

Yes, and the team will need Aaron Jones healthy for the playoffs- he will need some games like this where he can be rested a bit and the team still wins.

5 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Yes, and the team will need Aaron Jones healthy for the playoffs- he will need some games like this where he can be rested a bit and the team still wins.

I think my biggest problem today with Jones not getting more touches is that the game wound up as a nail biter, and we have the bye week next week.  13 touches is too low in my opinion in this situation.   Also .. he was coming off a game where he had a low touch total as well (9).   He's well rested.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I think my biggest problem today with Jones not getting more touches is that the game wound up as a nail biter, and we have the bye week next week.  13 touches is too low in my opinion in this situation.

So what if its a nail biter?.  We won. 

Wear Jones out so that we win bigger, but have him less effective in the playoffs, or even upcoming tough games would be the far, far bigger mistake.

Enjoy being 8-2.  

50 minutes ago, Norm said:

He did some interesting **** early. Inside bohemian Grove was interesting. I didn't say he was a good man. 

I dont know anything about his early years - but for as long as I know about him - which is a few years - he's been an absolute scumbag.

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

So .. you're happy with each of them having 13 carries today?  They both did well, but one had 63 yds .. the other 93 yds.

I wasn't talking about volume, I was talking about the splits. I'm fine with the splits lately.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont know anything about his early years - but for as long as I know about him - which is a few years - he's been an absolute scumbag.

Nothing ever changed there too much tbh. He's just a giant shill now way worse than he ever was. 

GB would have won easily today if Rodgers could stop under throwing the deep balls so badly.  Watching the repeated low percentage throws is frustrating enough, but consistently watching the WR's wait for under thrown balls while beaten DB's now have plenty of time to make a play is so much worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

GB would have won easily today if Rodgers could stop under throwing the deep balls so badly.  Watching the repeated low percentage throws is frustrating enough, but consistently watching the WR's wait for under thrown balls while beaten DB's now have plenty of time to make a play is so much worse.

He’s definitely not hitting deep receivers in stride like he used to.  But he’s gonna keep trying - guarantee that.

10 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

So what if its a nail biter?.  We won. 

Wear Jones out so that we win bigger, but have him less effective in the playoffs, or even upcoming tough games would be the far, far bigger mistake.

Enjoy being 8-2.  

He can get hurt on any play .. he hasn't worn down  before, he suffered knee injuries from contact.  You can wrap him in bubble wrap if you want and then watch him get hurt on his first carry of the playoffs.  That could happen.  How about we do what we can to win games and then rest the guy when we are up 14 in the 4th quarter? 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Kevin King looks like a guy that doesn't trust his hammy right now. Especially in that snow. Hopefully he made it out clean and the 2 weeks get him back to health. Martinez too.

There were some positive signs from the D on this one. I thought the pass rush was MUCH better. They kept McCaffrey from the big play and I felt like we actually had LBs in positions to stop the run, unlike last week. Small improvement.

Rodgers took a step back in this one, the delay of game is absolutely inexcusable there. Unreal almost for a vet QB at home to be that dumb. He needs his *** chewed for that. Missed some throws and made some others, hopefully he comes out of the bye more like weeks 4-8 Rodgers.

Rodgers' time management has sucked for years.  This is nothing new.  Drives me crazy, frankly.