GDT Week 10: Packers vs. Panthers (Martinez on an Island Edition)

AlexGreen#20

25 minutes ago, Pugger said:

But it is a higher percentage to take a chip shot FG and go up by 7 instead of just 4.  With only 2 seconds left if you blow it you don't get ANY points there and damn near cost us the game in the end.

I think it is about win percentage. If you go up 2 possessions, that changes play calls and changes the context of the game significantly increasing your chance to win. 4-8 points the playbook is open.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

GDT discussions tend to be more emotional, naturally.  I think we all understand that (well, except maybe you).  Have you also noticed how much more even and objective the discussions are during the week?  

Tell you what Todd, jump over to the Vikings GDT right now.  You’ll be less underwhelmed with us, your fellow Packer fans.

Sorry I hurt your feelings so much, buddy. 

23 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

There are plenty of things that need to be cleaned up from a scheme, coaching, and players perspective. That being said, every week when I am on these game day forums I feel like there is a population of fans who have no idea what the modern day NFL is... I mean look around the league week to week and see some of the upsets, and some of the let downs.  The Falcons beat the Saints today. The Titans beat the Mahomes' Chiefs. Look at what the Steelers have been doing! THE DOLPHINS WON! This is about a season, and our guys did bounce back from an ugly loss. This team is 8-2 going into a bye. There is a lot of positive, but some are already talking about one and done, and yadda yadda yadda. You don't know that. This team could get hot. I am not saying there should not be critiques, and people don't have a right to their opinions, but damn... I hope some of you don't react to disappointments and set backs in your real life like you do on here. This is still a season to be very excited about. Far from over.

on to San Fran. :D

I think a lot of the frustration is because GB just hasnt had a dominating game yet. Every game seems to have its issues or comes down to the wire. GB is often winning because they are getting turnovers (like today) and we just see that as something that cant be counted on, especally in the playoffs against good teams. 

But I think GB also hasnt played a lot of creampuff teams that they can blow out, showing dominance. Every game is against at least a decent opponent. I think the worst team they played was Denver and theyre not even that bad.Theyre finding ways to win, but the worry is that the way in which they are winning is not sustainable. 

Im a bit of a pessimist when it comes to the Packers and I fully expect them to get dominated against SF. I hope I'm wrong. I have been wrong MANY times this season already,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brad gluckman said:

I think a lot of the frustration is because GB just hasnt had a dominating game yet. Every game seems to have its issues or comes down to the wire. GB is often winning because they are getting turnovers (like today) and we just see that as something that cant be counted on, especally in the playoffs against good teams. 

But I think GB also hasnt played a lot of creampuff teams that they can blow out, showing dominance. Every game is against at least a decent opponent. I think the worst team they played was Denver and theyre not even that bad.Theyre finding ways to win, but the worry is that the way in which they are winning is not sustainable. 

Im a bit of a pessimist when it comes to the Packers and I fully expect them to get dominated against SF. I hope I'm wrong. I have been wrong MANY times this season already,

First, thanks for understanding the purpose of my post, and not taking it as some shot against people. I can see what you're saying, and I have no problem with the moments of frustration and excitement, but there are some people just waiting to jump on Martinez or king every moment. I see by some of the response that if I don't like it, just ignore it, which I will. I just mean it's a very crazy league, and there is a lot of season left.. The Packers have made runs with much worse teams then this current one. I guess we will see. 

Edited by Toddfather

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Not at all “buddy”.  I like you and your optimism.  I sense that your Packer brethren have hurt your feelers.  If so, and if I’m a part of it, I’ll submit my resignation today.  

Nah man. No feelings here. You took my point the way you did, and that's fine. I already have a reply where I addressed it. It's no bother to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Toddfather said:

Nah man. No feelings here. You took my point the way you did, and that's fine. I already have a reply where I addressed it. It's no bother to me.

I read your other response.  I think what you’re still missing is context of when remarks are made - that’s all.  Dozens of posters bag on players that are having a rough game - that’s just the nature of the GDT.  Doesn’t mean we don’t also appreciate these players also.  Context my friend, context.

PackerWire:  The Packers also skirted disaster by fending off the Panthers in the final seconds of the game. With six plays inside the Packers’ 13-yard line, the Panthers couldn’t score. They gave their best player the ball in their biggest moment, and the Packers defense, sloppy as it was in those final moments, made the play.

In the end, the Packers still came away with the victory and now head into their bye week at 8-2. They’ll fly out to play an undefeated San Francisco 49ers team coming out of the bye. With fresh legs, it could be the heavyweight fight that helps determine home-field advantage in January.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

First, thanks for understanding the purpose of my post, and not taking it as some shot against people. I can see what you're saying, and I have no problem with the moments of frustration and excitement, but there are some people just waiting to jump on Martinez or king every moment. I see by some of the response that if I don't like it, just ignore it, which I will. I just mean it's a very crazy league, and there is a lot of season left.. The Packers have made runs with much worse teams then this current one. I guess we will see. 

No I absolutely get where youre coming from. Game day threads are always overly emotional. In the end, I think we can all agree that if you told any of us in August that GB would be 8-2, we would be thrilled. Now that they're 8-2, expections are higher and we all complain about every little thing. 

• Like 1