Jump to content
thebestever6

Team Building the FUTURE is now!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Clearly, some not great QB prospects go early in the draft all the time, but you conveniently left out almost every one of those examples...

Bortles got to the AFC Championship game if you're alluding to him. He was a late first guy but Jags were desperate for the Face of the franchise and look what college he came from USF I think?

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Bortles got to the AFC Championship game if you're alluding to him. He was a late first guy but Jags were desperate for the Face of the franchise and look what college he came from USF I think?

You are a dork.  He went to UCF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsthomp2007 said:

You are a dork.  He went to UCF. 

Believe it or not it's not the first time I've been called a whales penile .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Bortles got to the AFC Championship game if you're alluding to him. He was a late first guy but Jags were desperate for the Face of the franchise and look what college he came from USF I think?

Just one of many picks you excluded that further hammer home the point that the position isn't devalued at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as the QB position goes, I hope Lock gets a shot this year.  See no reason he doesn’t.   Unless Lock shows that he isn’t the guy, Burrow (if available at Denver pick) needs to be the selection.  I think he’d be an excellent fit in this system, he’s tough as hell, operates as well as anyone I’ve seen under pressure (Daniel Jones had that trait as well), and has a face of the franchise/leadership quality about him....while this will rub broncos fans the wrong way his overall skill set/personality reminds me of a more athletic Phillip Rivers.

I also don’t mind Jalen Hurts.  I’ll never bet against him and at the right spot in the draft (one of Denver’s 3rd rounders or later) I have no issue taking him and letting him compete.  Even if he doesn’t pan out he has the athletic ability and motivation to carve out some type of role (even if it’s not a big one) to stick in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Just one of many picks you excluded that further hammer home the point that the position isn't devalued at all. 

How soooooo? Give me more examples on your end? 

Bortles went to a Florida Team

Winston who was a true number 1 pick played at FSU and went to a Florida team.

RG3 would of had a successful rookie deal had he not been ruined his rookie year. He wasn't devalued due to picks given up to aquire his services. Look at the pigeon wholed prospect they're looking for as the face of the franchise though. Not great Management. (SIMILAR TO TENNESSEE) since McNair my favorite QB of all timmmeee.

2016,2017,2018 the QBs were valued highly ala Manning in 2012. Teams know what they're doing for the most part.

Goff, Wentz trade ups top 5, Mahomes, Watson trade ups top 10. Buffalo top 5 Arizona top 10.

Daniel Jones went top 6 because he's a shoe in top 15 game manager on his rookie deal 5+ years.

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, germ-x said:

I also don’t mind Jalen Hurts.  I’ll never bet against him and at the right spot in the draft (one of Denver’s 3rd rounders or later) I have no issue taking him and letting him compete.  Even if he doesn’t pan out he has the athletic ability and motivation to carve out some type of role (even if it’s not a big one) to stick in the NFL.

I see him being Bradys replacement, Rivers replacement, or Mariotas , Cams replacement in round 1. He has back first to mid second caliber ceiling. 

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Bortles got to the AFC Championship game if you're alluding to him. He was a late first guy but Jags were desperate for the Face of the franchise and look what college he came from USF I think?

Bortles was the 3rd overall pick not a late round 1st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Bortles was the 3rd overall pick not a late round 1st

I know I thought he was 4th lol I knew where he was drafted hence the but. Did you truly believe he was the third pick in the draft that day?

When I saw the UCF Florida connection and I saw Bridgewater Carr fall to late teens early 20s I thought wow.... Typical Jaguars . 

Not gonna completely trash Bortles though bc he did contribute to a blown call away from the Superbowl in 2017. I had him as a late first guy. Had Bridgwater and Carr as better prospects. I also didn't think Manziel was over drafted just thought Carr and Bridgewater were better gambles at that selection. Johnny football had the Johnny party animal red flag at college station. 

I just Liked Bortles because his girlfriend was smokinggggg hot back then mannnnnn lucky guy.

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, germ-x said:

As far as the QB position goes, I hope Lock gets a shot this year.  See no reason he doesn’t.   Unless Lock shows that he isn’t the guy, Burrow (if available at Denver pick) needs to be the selection.  I think he’d be an excellent fit in this system, he’s tough as hell, operates as well as anyone I’ve seen under pressure (Daniel Jones had that trait as well), and has a face of the franchise/leadership quality about him....while this will rub broncos fans the wrong way his overall skill set/personality reminds me of a more athletic Phillip Rivers.

I also don’t mind Jalen Hurts.  I’ll never bet against him and at the right spot in the draft (one of Denver’s 3rd rounders or later) I have no issue taking him and letting him compete.  Even if he doesn’t pan out he has the athletic ability and motivation to carve out some type of role (even if it’s not a big one) to stick in the NFL.

In the last couple minutes of the Texas game, Burrow was walking up and down the sideline waving and talking smack to Texas fans. Like Rivers, it seems to be contained to the football field and not an overall immaturity thing like with Baker, but he's going to bring that element where he mixes it up with defensive players, gets an unsportsmanlike penalty every now and then etc. 

Personally, I love a trash talking QB with a big personality. Adds to the entertainment value of the game, kinda like when NBA stars talk trash or play to the crowd in big moments. Stoic QBs like Brady and Manning seemed to become the standard with a few exceptions, but most of the 80s-90s guys had a lot more edge to them and it was awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Believe it or not it's not the first time I've been called a whales penile .

Well, what are you doing on a whale's penile, to begin with? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Denzel Perryman as a dime middle linebacker stop gap. I know he's injury prone but he will be compensated like he's injury prone. Sharing the duties with Todd Davis while a young 3rd or 4th rounder develops. 

Wayyyyy better move than Trevathan if Chargers decide to part ways. Scheme fits history is overrated Fangios scheme is the fit making a lot of players able to fit it.

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I want Denzel Perryman as a dime middle linebacker stop gap. I know he's injury prone but he will be compensated like he's injury prone. Sharing the duties with Todd Davis while a young 3rd or 4th rounder develops. 

Wayyyyy better move than Trevathan if Chargers decide to part ways. Scheme fits history is overrated Fangios scheme is the fit making a lot of players able to fit it.

Dime Linebacker? Dime backers are in the game as coverage backers. Perryman is one of the worst coverage linebackers in the league. Hence why most defenses today play a big safety as a dime LBer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Dime Linebacker? Dime backers are in the game as coverage backers. Perryman is one of the worst coverage linebackers in the league. Hence why most defenses today play a big safety as a dime LBer. 

Well we need our big Safety or one that can play like one. I don't think you're valuing Perryman enough.  Derwin Jamessss is such a huge loss to overcome. If we get our James/Abraham Perryman would be a nice cheap stop gap if Todd Davis' Achilles breaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×