Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

Just now, Counselor said:

They should have a solid second back to help out. They tried it with CJ Anderson for a bit last season. They need to find someone. A one two punch like we have with Little Phil and Royce

Exactly, and they settled for Hollyfield which was laughable. And given that Freeman is a one and done rb in all likelihood due to mileage, and Phil is being valued second contract probably due to his versatility.  The Broncos should take a similar approach in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Exactly, and they settled for Hollyfield which was laughable. And given that Freeman is a one and done rb in all likelihood due to mileage, and Phil is being valued second contract probably due to his versatility.  The Broncos should take a similar approach in my opinion. 

Third round is earliest I would go at RB in this draft. It's a deep position and we will find some solid players in that range.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Third round is earliest I would go at RB in this draft. It's a deep position and we will find some solid players in that range.

I could live with that barring some type of extra movement. I would love to turn Von into the Wisconsin center if possible. 

I know historically the position isn't valued by us draft pick wise. But as broncofan from UK alluded to. If you can get your Travis Fredricks, Jason Kelce, and complete the offense you do it.

@jsthomp2007

"I am on the Burrow wagon though.  When a kid shows up like that in a big game it says something.  You can have all the skills and talent in the world but if you are a QB who cannot elevate his game when it's needed then what good are you?  "

I personally always believe the whole is greater than the sum of their parts. People always wanna mention Brady look at his defenses efficiency rankings when he won as well as his team/oline. When Goff got to the Superbowl last year who was carrying that defense that badddd man in Aaron Donald.  Eagles when they won with Foles awesome Oline, and Fletcher Cox being a huge headache on that Oline, Joe Flacco he won with a good oline, Ngata, Suggs, and Grandfather Ray Lewis as well as Ed Reed enforcing that defense. 

What does Lock have to show you to make the wise football decision?

Peyton was a guy who won with poor defensive efficiency in 05' I believe but that defense turned it on in that playoff run.

Gary Brackett who was from my home town is also one of the baddest dudes I've ever watched play MIke. 

He lost his Dad and Mom, and Brother  in a 17 month time frame. Was a walk on at Rutgers and in the NFL. If we could find our Gary Brackett at Mike I'd be super pleased. I value the position, but I don't value the position if that makes sense. 

Edited by thebestever6

11 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

@jsthomp2007

"I am on the Burrow wagon though.  When a kid shows up like that in a big game it says something.  You can have all the skills and talent in the world but if you are a QB who cannot elevate his game when it's needed then what good are you?  "

I personally always believe the whole is greater than the sum of their parts. People always wanna mention Brady look at his defenses efficiency rankings when he won as well as his team/oline. When Goff got to the Superbowl last year who was carrying that defense that badddd man in Aaron Donald.  Eagles when they won with Foles awesome Oline, and Fletcher Cox being a huge headache on that Oline, Joe Flacco he won with a good oline, Ngata, Suggs, and Grandfather Ray Lewis as well as Ed Reed enforcing that defense. 

What does Lock have to show you to make the wise football decision?

Sure the whole is great, but they all feed off the quarterback.  I think back to the Elway years when they lost all those Super Bowls and think that he basically willed the team to the Super Bowl because they didn't have much else to make them a Super Bowl contending team.  I guess you can say that Montana had essentially a team that had a pro bowler or near pro bowler at every position, but he was still the leader of that team.  Tim Tebow without a spec of talent at the QB position had one of the most incredible seasons I have ever seen, and won a playoff game...and that teams was dead in the water through the first four games when the team said f***ck it let's see what he has and he winds doing something I had no clue could happen. 

I do not say Burrow are those guys, but he seems to have those qualities.  If you are asking me right now if I want Burrow or Lock as the Broncos' QB, I am going Burrow.  

7 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Sure the whole is great, but they all feed off the quarterback.  I think back to the Elway years when they lost all those Super Bowls and think that he basically willed the team to the Super Bowl because they didn't have much else to make them a Super Bowl contending team.

Yesss you're right but it's also not Elways fault the GM ability wasn't up to snuff back then either.

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, John Elway are all the shooting stars they're not the norm coming out every year.

12 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

One of the questions I've been pondering is how much faith do you have in Davontae Harris if Calahan returns next year, enough to let CHJ walk ?? And do you draft a CB high with Bausby returning ??

You can't rely on Bausby his injury was too severe. I think CHJ is brought back to mentor a day 3 corner. 

I don't see it as a need high this team can develop it imo.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You can't rely on Bausby his injury was too severe. I think CHJ is brought back to mentor a day 3 corner. 

I don't see it as a need high this team can develop it imo.

Part of my thought process includes how Elway values draft collateral and we have a strong possibility of gaining a 2021 3rd if CHJ leaves for greener pastures

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Part of my thought process includes how Elway values draft collateral and we have a strong possibility of gaining a 2021 3rd if CHJ leaves for greener pastures

What's a 3rd round comp valuation in free agency?? Harris is a niche over 7 million right now. 

Cole Beasley got a 5 round comp pick for an annual salary of 7.something mill. Only guy I see us moving on from is Von tbh.

Edited by thebestever6

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What's a 3rd round comp valuation in free agency?? Harris is a niche over 7 million right now. 

Cole Beasley got a 5 round comp pick for an annual salary of 7.something mill. Only guy I see us moving on from is Von tbh.

Since when did you become an NFL GM  to evaluate CHJ's next contract ?? Lockdown corners like Harris aren't dime a dozen, he has SB experience and showed he's not slowing down. Harris makes, what $12M this year yet you're ready to cut his salary 40% ?? 

And I don't see the Broncos making Von a FA this year, do you know something the rest of us don't ?? I could see them restructuring his contract but not making him a free agent.