Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

15 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Since when did you become an NFL GM  to evaluate CHJ's next contract ?? Lockdown corners like Harris aren't dime a dozen, he has SB experience and showed he's not slowing down. Harris makes, what $12M this year yet you're ready to cut his salary 40% ?? 

And I don't see the Broncos making Von a FA this year, do you know something the rest of us don't ?? I could see them restructuring his contract but not making him a free agent.  

I just have a feeling Von gets moved for something. 

And I didn't become a gm lmao it's on over the cap under Chris Harris he has a valuation of his services look it up get enlightened. Harris is great and was great but his salary is inflated due to last year of a rebuild lol.

I'm tired of people being a smart a** with me when I'm honest about our players haha.

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm tired of people being a smart a** with me when I'm honest about our players haha.

While I can't speak for others, my apologies if I offended you. However, this forum is speculation, your takes seem to take on an arrogant/matter of fact statements of happening. OTC doesn't know the future of what CHJ's value is any more than you or I so I don't take that as gospel, I'm just putting our my own theories.

Just now, Cutler06 said:

While I can't speak for others, my apologies if I offended you. However, this forum is speculation, your takes seem to take on an arrogant/matter of fact statements of happening. OTC doesn't know the future of what CHJ's value is any more than you or I so I don't take that as gospel, I'm just putting our my own theories.

How's it arrogant?? Because historically and past contracts would support my takes. It takes a lot more than a message board to offend me you're good.

I get it we all get sentimental of what Harris has done for us but it's not a Jets Revis situation towards the end which was to milk fans on a rebuild. 

IF HARRIS GETS PAID 16 MILLION I'LL NEVER POST ON HERE AGAIN.  That's arrogance and that's a truthful statement. 

7 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

your takes seem to take on an arrogant/matter of fact statements of happening.

Look up mental illnesses and which involve delusions of grandeur and that explains my matter of fact statements lol. 

It's not my fault I'm right more often times than not I didn't chose football as a passion football chose me lol.

I'm cocky, arrogant, won a crap ton of money betting friends with football wish I could explain why. I remember useless history like Matt Mauck from LSU being a 7th rounder.

5 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

You're right casual fans don't but football nerds/super computers may so that post was for them.

Not talking about fans, I'm talking about teams and decision makers. They don't know what that is and they don't need it. OTC probably has some standardized formula to determine these, and they need to trash whatever that formula is because even an older CHJ showing signs of decline is making at least 10 per year. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Not talking about fans, I'm talking about teams and decision makers. They don't know what that is and they don't need it. 

That's just an odd way of looking at it. I'll do another bet CHJ doesn't get paid 16 mill a season. 

No team is going to go double above what that player is worth. Unless, its a rebuild and they're looking for name recognition at that point. Ala is with Kareem Jackson we were looking for that mentor role plus name recognition. 

Decision makers definitely look at it.

Any reference to OTC evaluations as some sort of realistic presumption of a players contract should immediately be disregarded. 

It's not my fault I'm right more often times than not I didn't chose football as a passion football chose me lol.

Yep, just like your prediction that Elway would sell CHJR and Von at the deadline. 

As for Burrow, clearly we draft him if he is anywhere near our draft position. He is a tremendous talent. Lock is a developmental guy, Joe is a franchise player. 

• Like 2

Oh gosh what would you give up to get Joe Burrow? Buffalo style trade in 2018?

I am not sure. I hate the idea of dealing tons of capital for a trade up, but if you truly think Burrow is a franchise guy, you go get him. 

Its moot because the teams in the top of the draft need QB's and are not going to want to trade down and miss on a prospect of Burrow's caliber. 

On the flip side, if we somehow had him fall into our laps I likely wouldnt deal him for any reasonable offer. Not even 2-3 1st rounders. 

31 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

On the flip side, if we somehow had him fall into our laps I likely wouldnt deal him for any reasonable offer. Not even 2-3 1st rounders

Wowww!! With Lawrence and Fields coming out, and to pass on seeing Lock for a year in this system that's bold lol.

And Buffalo not giving up a first plus when they clearly needed a pass rusher for Von was dumb Gm'ing. That will never change my mind.

It's like these Gms just concede the division to the Patriots every year and I like Buffalos gm.

Edited by thebestever6