Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

@BroncosFan2010 not going to look up every Superbowl defense efficiency rating or oline because I'm not that much of a nerd.

But I'm going to break down the last 20 superbowl QBs and draft positions see if there's any correlation.  I know Brady was a steal but Bill B still put pieces around him and PM was a steal.

1999- Warner Undrafted  winner Loser Steve McNair Rd.1(3)

2000- Trent Dilfer winner - rd 1(6) Loser Kerry Collins rd 1(5)

2001- Tom Brady rd 6(199) Kurt Warner UDFA

2002- Brad Johnson rd 9(227) winner Loser Rich Gannon rd.4(98)

2003- Tom Brady rd 6(199) Jake Delhomme Undrafted 

2004- Tom Brady winner rd 6(199) loser Donovan McNabb rd 1(2)

2005- winner Big Ben rd 1 (11) loser Matt Hasselbeck rd 6 (187)

2006- Peyton Manning rd 1(1) loser Rex Grossman rd.1 (22)

2007- Eli Manning rd 1(1) loser Tom Brady rd 6(199)

2008- big ben rd 1(11) Kurt Warner (udfa)

2009- Drew Brees rd 2 (32) over Peyton Manning rd 1(1).

will do the rest later.. that list will include Nick Foles a 3rd rounder, Russell Wilson a 3rd rounder, Tom Brady a 6th, Colin Kaepernick rd 2, Joe Flacco pick 18 etc.

43 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

@BroncosFan2010 not going to look up every Superbowl defense efficiency rating or oline because I'm not that much of a nerd.

But I'm going to break down the last 20 superbowl QBs and draft positions see if there's any correlation.  I know Brady was a steal but Bill B still put pieces around him and PM was a steal.

1999- Warner Undrafted  winner Loser Steve McNair Rd.1(3)

2000- Trent Dilfer winner - rd 1(6) Loser Kerry Collins rd 1(5)

2001- Tom Brady rd 6(199) Kurt Warner UDFA

2002- Brad Johnson rd 9(227) winner Loser Rich Gannon rd.4(98)

2003- Tom Brady rd 6(199) Jake Delhomme Undrafted 

2004- Tom Brady winner rd 6(199) loser Donovan McNabb rd 1(2)

2005- winner Big Ben rd 1 (11) loser Matt Hasselbeck rd 6 (187)

2006- Peyton Manning rd 1(1) loser Rex Grossman rd.1 (22)

2007- Eli Manning rd 1(1) loser Tom Brady rd 6(199)

2008- big ben rd 1(11) Kurt Warner (udfa)

2009- Drew Brees rd 2 (32) over Peyton Manning rd 1(1).

will do the rest later.. that list will include Nick Foles a 3rd rounder, Russell Wilson a 3rd rounder, Tom Brady a 6th, Colin Kaepernick rd 2, Joe Flacco pick 18 etc.

I really don’t think this supports your argument.  Clearly Brady skews this data and his/patriots success is pretty much impossible to replicate, at least in the majority of our life times.  So of that list there were 3 SB winners who weren’t 1st round picks and one of those was Brees who was the 1st pick in the 2nd round while there were 4 1st round picks that won.  

9 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I really don’t think this supports your argument.  Clearly Brady skews this data and his/patriots success is pretty much impossible to replicate, at least in the majority of our life times.  So of that list there were 3 SB winners who weren’t 1st round picks and one of those was Brees who was the 1st pick in the 2nd round while there were 4 1st round picks that won.  

And Peyton and Eli don't skew it the other way? Bottom line, it is a team sport.

Let's just not count a 6th rounder because he has the greatest resume ever, while being a top 2 game manager ever?

He's always going to be pick 199

Edited by thebestever6

19 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

And Peyton and Eli don't skew it the other way? Bottom line, it is a team sport.

Let's just not count a 6th rounder because he has the greatest resume ever, while being a top 2 game manager ever?

He's always going to be pick 199

2 guys that have won 4 combined compared to 1 that won 6?  I know you didn’t list all that, but Brady clearly skews all of this in favor of not taking a 1st round QB.

Brady is the GOAT with the GOAT HC/GM...it is highly unlikely to be replicable in our lifetime and in all honesty just to throw it out there, I see football has a dying sport if I make it to 70 (unlikely) and I’m 31 right now. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

I don’t think Brady is GOAT, he’s great, top echelon. I give more credit to BB.

Thankyou!!

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

I see football has a dying sport if I make it to 70 (unlikely) and I’m 31 right now. 

Football will never die completely it's becoming more finesse which sucks as a plan, but it is what if is you want future QBs with  Talent to not leave the game.

Man this niners Seahawks game was special..

Com Att.   Com%yrds  ypa   td.  Int  rtg

486 59.5 3,401 7.0 18 10 84.6

This was Trevor Siemians best year as a starter for us his rookie year as a starter.  Kubiaks last year as coach. He still had some semblance of a team around him. Those aren't Terrible numbers and.... they're from a 7th rounder.

-If you don't believe that's Locks Floor with a couple more TDs than you're just being a hater just to hate in my opinion. 

That's someone with a 7th round skill set doing it get excited!

26 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Com Att.   Com%yrds  ypa   td.  Int  rtg

486 59.5 3,401 7.0 18 10 84.6

This was Trevor Siemians best year as a starter for us his rookie year as a starter.  Kubiaks last year as coach. He still had some semblance of a team around him. Those aren't Terrible numbers and.... they're from a 7th rounder.

-If you don't believe that's Locks Floor with a couple more TDs than you're just being a hater just to hate in my opinion. 

That's someone with a 7th round skill set doing it get excited!

While I think Trevor was ruined by a god awful OL, and I hope you’re right about Lock, those numbers have no correlation to what Lock can be.

Different coaching staff, less experienced/successful teammates, etc.

Everything about Lock is projection and if being cautious about his future makes people a hater, the other side of that is blind homerism which isn’t any better 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

While I think Trevor was ruined by a god awful OL, and I hope you’re right about Lock, those numbers have no correlation to what Lock can be.

Different coaching staff, less experienced/successful teammates, etc.

Everything about Lock is projection and if being cautious about his future makes people a hater, the other side of that is blind homerism which isn’t any better 

Well the number 1 priority is solidifying the oline. Other than that I largely agree with you. 

I also don't think it's all projection Rich shares similar philosophies as Kubiak, and the Shannys. 

Would you surmise that it's fair to say with the completion of the oline that it's more likely than not that Drew reaches those baseline floors in this system? Or is that too much projection for ya?

- I wanna throw in franchise rb as well soooooo badly lol did everyone see what Derrick Henry did to the Chiefs lol?

Edited by thebestever6

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Well the number 1 priority is solidifying the oline. Other than that I largely agree with you. 

I also don't think it's all projection Rich shares similar philosophies as Kubiak, and the Shannys. 

Would you surmise that it's fair to say with the completion of the oline that it's more likely than not that Drew reaches those baseline floors in this system? Or is that too much projection for ya?

- I wanna throw in franchise rb as well soooooo badly lol did everyone see what Derrick Henry did to the Chiefs lol?

I think a good OL will go a long ways in helping Drew, him getting blown up back there won’t do anyone any good. 

And just cause a Rich shares similar philosophies doesn’t mean he can coach up a QB yet.  I’m optimistic but he’s yet to do it without Kyle so it is all projection.  I hope you’re right, if Drew is even decent to end this season we can spend all those top 100 picks on solidifying the trenches and putting a team together that can be competitive and learn with Drew next season and then be ready to complete in 2021

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

And just cause a Rich shares similar philosophies doesn’t mean he can coach up a QB yet.  I’m optimistic but he’s yet to do it without Kyle so it is all projection.

Brandon Allen looked pretty good for a post camp addition to replace scrub Hogan.

Flacco was also having his most efficient year since 2014 at one point, but let's face it he's past his prime.

You're fair but you're a more glass half empty kinda person until I see it full lol. I don't operate like that.

Also if this team could at a Derrick Henry aka Chiefs Killer with one of those top 100 picks assuming the oline is completed we are in business. 

5 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Brandon Allen looked pretty good for a post camp addition to replace scrub Hogan.

Flacco was also having his most efficient year since 2014 at one point, but let's face it he's past his prime.

You're fair but you're a more glass half empty kinda person until I see it full lol. I don't operate like that.

Also if this team could at a Derrick Henry aka Chiefs Killer with one of those top 100 picks assuming the oline is completed we are in business. 

Why not just go out and sign Derrick Henry, he’s a free agent?  

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Why not just go out and sign Derrick Henry, he’s a free agent?

I wouldn't be opposed to that at all. I doubt Tennessee let's him walk though. His mileage isn't too bad for a back his size. If we could do that and push the need down to the Sanders pick or day 3 I'd love that. 

But...... it all depends on what he finishes the year with. If he finishes with 300+ carries and demands a huge contract we would be paying for production that Tennessee already got. 

Last year he got 215 Carrys if he's in that range again go for it! Already has 185 though. 

Edited by thebestever6