Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

@germ-x dating back to High School Derrick Henry has has 2,687 Rush attemps. That's a lot for an athlete lol.

Plus 69 attempts in the passing game. So Tennessee would have to seize usage asap and it would have to be a reasonable contract.  Front loaded 2 year deal basically with minimal dead money the 3rd.

Edited by thebestever6

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

That was actually @germ-xs idea but thanks.

Well I don’t want to sign Derrick Henry.  I was just pointing out how you thought a guy like Derrick Henry would be a great fit and the fact that he’s a free agent so if Derrick Henry is who you want there would be no need to use a draft pick trying to replicate him.

39 minutes ago, germ-x said:

so if Derrick Henry is who you want there would be no need to use a draft pick trying to replicate him.

I doubt Titans part with him, but you're right we could hold off there with a signing like that.

As far as draft pick replicating him it's a little bit more to it than that. Rookie contract rbs are soooooo valuable it's almost free labor especially if the guys not injury prone.

15 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I doubt Titans part with him, but you're right we could hold off there with a signing like that.

As far as draft pick replicating him it's a little bit more to it than that. Rookie contract rbs are soooooo valuable it's almost free labor especially if the guys not injury prone.

No thanks on Henry.  We have far too many holes to spend premium FA $ at a position that most would consider a strength. 

12 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

No thanks on Henry.  We have far too many holes to spend premium FA $ at a position that most would consider a strength. 

I tend to agree New England went Damian Harris 3rd round with a loaded backfield so it's most likely either or circumstances either it's addressed early or we snag a free agent.

23 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I tend to agree New England went Damian Harris 3rd round with a loaded backfield so it's most likely either or circumstances either it's addressed early or we snag a free agent.

No reason to address RB early w/ this team's current state. I'd hope we wait till round 4 or later.

5 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

No reason to address RB early w/ this team's current state. I'd hope we wait till round 4 or later.

What do you mean by teams current state? Yes the need improvements in the trenches. But... assuming they address that there's no better time to address rb with Lock on a rookie deal and a loaded draft at the position. 

Just now, thebestever6 said:

What do you mean by teams current state? Yes the need improvements in the trenches. But... assuming they address that there's no better time to address rb with Lock on a rookie deal and a loaded draft at the position. 

The talent level on this team is significantly below replacement level at many of the position groups (QB?, WR, OL, DL, ILB, & CB).  That's where premium capital (draft & $) needs to be allocated.  I'm fine if we address RB late in the draft.. but it's certainly not where our priority should be. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

The talent level on this team is significantly below replacement level at many of the position groups (QB?, WR, OL, DL, ILB, & CB).  That's where premium capital (draft & $) needs to be allocated.  I'm fine if we address RB late in the draft.. but it's certainly not where our priority should be. 

The bolded I either disagree with or they can be addressed in free agency.

-Like Mike Linebacker There's no reason why we can't develop an undersized rookie cover Mike to be the long term guy.

- CB I think had you put safety to get a guy for Kareem to mentor I would have agreed just don't agree at corner.

- I believe Drew is the Guy for 4 years minimum barring injury but we'll see.

- WR would be our 3rd option in the passing game besides Sutton, and Fant there's going to be options round 3 on imo.

-

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

The bolded I either disagree with or they can be addressed in free agency.

-Like Mike Linebacker There's no reason why we can't develop an undersized rookie cover Mike to be the long term guy.

- CB I think had you put safety to get a guy for Kareem to mentor I would have agreed just don't agree at corner.

- I believe Drew is the Guy for 4 years minimum barring injury but we'll see.

- WR would be our 3rd option in the passing game besides Sutton, and Fant there's going to be options round 3 on imo.

-

These highlighted points above prove my point.. the roster, as currently constructed, has significant holes that need to be addressed this offseason - the solutions aren't currently on the roster.  We can't invest significantly in every position - and the position groups above are the priority - which is why drafting a RB early or spending premium $ for a guy like Derrick Henry isn't prudent. 

6 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

We can't invest significantly in every position - and the position groups above are the priority - which is why drafting a RB early or spending premium $ for a guy like Derrick Henry isn't prudent. 

What's a rookie QBs best friend besides and oline, and te?? A running game. Do you have confidence Royce and Phillip Lindsay can shoulder the load for a full season next year? If yes would it be wise to add a good rb to keep the long term viability of Lindsay better? If yes you can't pigeon hole yourself against that scenario on draft day.