Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

42 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

But taking a 82 guy at WR/ILB over a 84 guy at RB/S?   Absolutely justifiable.  

Agree at ILB not at wr though all comes down to injury concerns going into the pick, and skill set. A possession wr I just value more than a burner.

Veryyyy good enlightening post though.

3 hours ago, French Fan said:

Anderson was drafted in 2000 at 26 years old !

Pfr said 27 but still that's old for a rb lol.

3 hours ago, French Fan said:

A Rb is a product of his OL. When your OL is good your RB seems good . I have no problem to sticking with Lindsay/Freeman even Booker as emergency. The TOP priority is ILB and OT

Agree at OT and Dline, also safety. 

But... AJ Johnson is making me pause at ILB as a TOP priority.  I believe a coverage guy that has superior instincts and has to add bulk is all you need atm. Everything is ever changing in this league though so you might be right by week 17.

12 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

He's terrible - why are we wasting a roster spot on him.

He's better than a guy who won't play a down this season.....maybe Tim Patrick will claim Callahan's roster spot but someone should

Edited by Cutler06

Either the QB woes have made Von certifiably or this is about to get interesting 😏.

Forgot Von was a QB scout.

I admit I have been very hard on Lock. I just didn't like him at all coming out and don't believe in him as a player (Sometimes disliking a talent comes off as disliking the person, I have no issues with Lock the man and assume he is a great guy). I hope he proves me wrong.

AJ Johnson is making me pause at ILB as a TOP priority

He has played well. Not sure he has gone from replacement level to long term piece, but he has a role. I prefer him over Todd in the thumper'ish role. I just don't know if this defense calls for a thumper at all. Seems Vic prefers two sideline-to-sideline guys. But Rome wasn't build in a day. We need to target a sideline cover guy in the draft of FA. I prefer signing Trevathan and drafting Troy Dye in R2, but if we don't want to use draft capital on an ILB with all our holes, I could live with AJ and Danny.

I have said it before, but an elite ILB is what drives this Vic defense. We are already maxing our talent without that guy, adding Danny could make this defense not just good, but elite.

What I would do to get this team a young ILB duo of clones of Wesley Woodyard and Danny Trevathan. That would get this defense hummin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Being in on more plays and having any positive impact are two different things

And the best ability in sports is AVAILABILTY. I get it you don't like Sensabaugh, did he sleep with your girlfriend or something ??

Whatever, dude !!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

According to D-Mac, Broncos are just not into Drew Lock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8li1XiJHdU

I don’t listen to these guys and haven’t heard a whole lot of positives in opinions of D-Mac, but I don’t know that he’s necessarily wrong here.

Elway had to get a young QB on the roster behind Flacco and Lock happened to still be around in the 2nd (and I’ve gone on record saying I’d have been fine taking him at #10, so this isn’t me trying to pin this on a bad selection).  I truly believe Denver thought Flacco was a somewhat long term answer who could play at a high level for the next 2-3 years while Lock was groomed.  That didn’t happen and now they’re in a position where they almost have to play Lock and I think it’s a position Elway didn’t expect to be in.

Personally I don’t think Lock is the answer or at the very least he is 2-3 years away, so I don’t think Elway and company were off on that assessment. Again, I’m someone who would’ve been fine taking him at #10, his physical talent is exceptional....but having watched him live at training camp....he was BAD.  Like lost and unable to complete a ball in 7 on 7 BAD....at one point they literally blew the play dead after 5 seconds because he couldn’t get the ball out...in 7 on 7.  Exceptional physical talent, but a long way to go in being an NFL QB.

D-Mac also mentioned Herbert...I don’t think he’s wrong there, I think if Lock gets a shot and doesn’t show enough Herbert could very well be target #1 for this franchise, Elway was supposedly enamored with him last year and he fits the Elway profile at QB.

5 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

According to D-Mac, Broncos are just not into Drew Lock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8li1XiJHdU

I won’t even dignify that with a response. 

D-Mac is Skip Bayless without a formerly-respected reporting resume and journalistic credentials. Calling him a clown is a slight to hard-working clowns everywhere. 

• Like 1