Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

4 hours ago, Royal_VT said:

In draft order things that I am seeing recently, we are the top pick for the 3-8 teams. Tiebreakers holding will probably be a huge factor for us.

1. Head to Head (Lions game Week 16)

2. Common Opponents (our wins vs. LAC, TEN, CLE)

H2H isn't a factor in tiebreaker.   Neither does common opponents, at first.   SoS rules all first (then common opponents, then believe it or not, coin flip).

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

We lose out, we keep the 5 pick at worst.   We win even 1 game, we move up a lot.  Keep trying hard, but keep losing, baby.

Outside of the DET game, we're so bad on O and so thin on D, we could absolutely try our hardest, play our hardest...and lose out.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

If Tua is available do you think the raiders (moving to Las Vegas, in need of a face of the franchise) would be willing to part with their two mid teens picks? They’d be overpaying but it’s on par with the proposed buffalo trade for #5 2 years ago (that was 12,20,53 for 5 and a third)

I ask because there are three plug and play OL prospects in this draft, Andrews, wirfs and Biadasz. If Andrews is gone I’d love to trade back and accumulate more capital and still nab a cornerstone lineman. The depth of the 2nd tier OT prospects means we could get a starter in the second round and walk away with 6 top 100 picks and a first round that looks something like:

14) Kenneth Murray, ILB, Oklahoma 

18) Tyler Biadasz, OC, Wisconsin

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

If Tua is available do you think the raiders (moving to Las Vegas, in need of a face of the franchise) would be willing to part with their two mid teens picks? They’d be overpaying but it’s on par with the proposed buffalo trade for #5 2 years ago (that was 12,20,53 for 5 and a third)

I ask because there are three plug and play OL prospects in this draft, Andrews, wirfs and Biadasz. If Andrews is gone I’d love to trade back and accumulate more capital and still nab a cornerstone lineman. The depth of the 2nd tier OT prospects means we could get a starter in the second round and walk away with 6 top 100 picks and a first round that looks something like:

I'd personally rather not trade with the Raiders, especially giving a franchise QB we'd be facing twice a year for the next 10-14 years, bad enough facing Mahomes. I could see trading with a team like DET or TB for their 2019 1st & 2nd and 2020 1st. We still could get Biadasz or perhaps even Wirfs, add another 2nd and gain ammunition to get a shot at Lawrence, Fields or ??  in 2021.

6 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I don't think Tua will be the 1st player selected. Not after his injury.

Many scouts thinks he will not be the same and need to protect his hip in NFL and avoid a shock.

After the knee injury, he hurt both of his ankles and  he was healthy by the playoffs, but he didn’t seem to be the same Tua last year. he will get tagged as an injury-prone quarterback.

Perhaps one team jump in the 1st round to select him but not before the 10th pick.

End November Burrow will be 1 and Herbert will be Top 5.

We have to much holes to not trade back and take middle 10/15 (if we have top 5 pick) or 12/18 (if we are 8/10 pick). We will have another 2nd this year and perhaps a 1st in 2021.

Denver need to put Lock NOW on the field. They cannot be shy and say "Next Year". Take a QB in the 1st round next year is unreal when you need 2 OL, ILB, WR with urgency

Edited by French Fan

1 hour ago, French Fan said:

I don't think Tua will be the 1st player selected. Not after his injury.

Many scouts thinks he will not be the same and need to protect his hip in NFL and avoid a shock.

After the knee injury, he hurt both of his ankles and  he was healthy by the playoffs, but he didn’t seem to be the same Tua last year. he will get tagged as an injury-prone quarterback.

Perhaps one team jump in the 1st round to select him but not before the 10th pick.

End November Burrow will be 1 and Herbert will be Top 5.

We have to much holes to not trade back and take middle 10/15 (if we have top 5 pick) or 12/18 (if we are 8/10 pick). We will have another 2nd this year and perhaps a 1st in 2021.

Denver need to put Lock NOW on the field. They cannot be shy and say "Next Year". Take a QB in the 1st round next year is unreal when you need 2 OL, ILB, WR with urgency

Yeah, the big part about Tua is that he won't be able to participate in workouts that show whether his explosion / sudden-ness are back before the Draft.

Add in the fact that he has had 2 significant injuries before the hip in the last 10 months behind an OL that's a top 5-10 unit in college, usually facing inferior competition - and there were likely already whispers of how well he can hold up in today's NFL.   Now that is going  to be a loud roar of doubt.

I have no doubt someone is going to take him Rd1 - but I would be surprised if it's a top 10 pick - I think the 16-32 spot is more likely.    I know the argument about if you think a guy is a franchise QB, you take the shot - but there's way more at risk now than just player evaluations.   This is how guys like Jeffrey Simmons fall.  Health is a big flag for the NFL.

• Like 2

This is really notable - because we all know Klis sends out the FO PR spin.   This is the very first time a rebuild has been acknowledged in-season.   

Whether you believe Ellis is pulling Elway's strings completely, it's all Elway, or it's in-between - Dove Valley finally sees what most of us have seen since the 2017-18 offseason.   Better late than never.    It's not just Lock - it's stopping the 1-year stopgap signings, or going with no-upside guys over youth.   It's what we need if we want to return to sustained contention.

• Like 2