Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

17 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Personally I'd be happier with that Wisconsin Center, Biad...

Our IOL really needs help.

Even if it meant keeping Bowles ?? Granted I love Biadasz, but if that were to happen I feel we'd have to use another 2-3rder on an OT. I think Andrew Thomas is a perennial Pro Bowler

23 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

You think McGovern would be fine at RG? You’re the OL guru, so I respect your outlook.

So, I'm just trying to look at the whole picture. I don't think McGovern or Leary will be back. McGovern maybe if he takes "back up" money. He'd be a great IOL backup.

I know everybody will hate this but I think our two OT's next year will be the ones we've got right now with a healthy James. They're both under contract and have little trade value. 

Like @broncos_fan _from _ukmentioned, Biadasz is a stud, an immediate upgrade to McGovern and someone Risner can grow with, especially with the coaching he'd receive here.

I'm just guessin' like everyone else but the biggest present we could give Lock is a clean pocket to step into. That means a vastly improved IOL.

No matter what we do, we need a serious talent infusion all across the OL. I think probably two mid to high draft picks and a starter from the FA pool.

18 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

So, I'm just trying to look at the whole picture. I don't think McGovern or Leary will be back. McGovern maybe if he takes "back up" money. He'd be a great IOL backup.

I know everybody will hate this but I think our two OT's next year will be the ones we've got right now with a healthy James. They're both under contract and have little trade value. 

Like @broncos_fan _from _ukmentioned, Biadasz is a stud, an immediate upgrade to McGovern and someone Risner can grow with, especially with the coaching he'd receive here.

I'm just guessin' like everyone else but the biggest present we could give Lock is a clean pocket to step into. That means a vastly improved IOL.

No matter what we do, we need a serious talent infusion all across the OL. I think probably two mid to high draft picks and a starter from the FA pool.

I have not watched Biadasz or however you spell it, but reportedly he hasn’t been very good this year.  

As far as your assessment on the OL, I agree.  I don’t know that we add 3 with high draft choices/FA but this team needs 2.  

Its obviously a delicate balance between improving both sides of the ball, but I think there needs to be a strong push offensively. Not only does this team need a couple OLs, but they also need to add a couple quality WRs.  Sutton is a beast, I like Fant’s upside, Heuremann and the the rest of the TEs are decent...but this team needs a WR (hopefully 2) that can help take some heat off of Sutton and open the offense up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I have not watched Biadasz or however you spell it, but reportedly he hasn’t been very good this year.  

As far as your assessment on the OL, I agree.  I don’t know that we add 3 with high draft choices/FA but this team needs 2.  

Its obviously a delicate balance between improving both sides of the ball, but I think there needs to be a strong push offensively. Not only does this team need a couple OLs, but they also need to add a couple quality WRs.  Sutton is a beast, I like Fant’s upside, Heuremann and the the rest of the TEs are decent...but this team needs a WR (hopefully 2) that can help take some heat off of Sutton and open the offense up.

How 'bout Scherff as a FA RG?

Just now, AKRNA said:

How 'bout Scherff as a FA RG?

Oh I would not be opposed to it.  I’m not up to date on Denver’s FA dollars right now, but a lot of it would obviously depend on where he’d put Denver financially because he’s going to get paid.

I do think Denver needs 2 OLs.  An OT and an interior lineman.  If you factor in James basically not playing this year and if he wants to actually play, that is basically like getting 3 new offensive line starters.

I also think Denver needs to address WR with 2 players through FA or the draft to get more weapons outside of basically Sutton.  I like the RBs for now, but picking one up 4th round or later would make sense as well.

So that would be 5 major offensive additions.  Again, it’s a delicate balance in also keeping the defense relevant (which I think was a big reason Fangio was brought in) but it isn’t as if Denver doesn’t have defensive needs.  Harris is gone, so CB is arguably one of the biggest needs on the team.  Shelby Harris, Wolfe, and Simmons are FAs...all 3 playing great football.....building a team isn’t easy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I think he's a safe bet for the franchise tag. But if he hits the market, I'm sure there would be a lot of mutual interest. 

My comment was more wishful thinking than actual possibility. Without a contract he'll get tagged. Tag and trade would be possible but you're talking multiple high draft picks to get him.

Oh well, a guy can dream can't he?