Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

18 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Anyone get the vibe that the problem with James is that his head isn't right - rather than the knee not being ready?

I was told by people in Miami a couple years ago (recall the CJ Anderson for Ja'Wuan James trade that wasn't) that James was mentally soft, and that it was a constant frustration for the Dolphins organization. They were never going to get into a bidding war for his services. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

I was told by people in Miami a couple years ago (recall the CJ Anderson for Ja'Wuan James trade that wasn't) that James was mentally soft, and that it was a constant frustration for the Dolphins organization. They were never going to get into a bidding war for his services. 

Oh my. How could we possibly spend that kind of money on a "mentally soft" OT? 

You can have a lot of issues as an NFL O Lineman and still carve out a nice career. Being mentally soft isn't one of them.

I think I'm going to go be sick now.

44 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Oh my. How could we possibly spend that kind of money on a "mentally soft" OT? 

You can have a lot of issues as an NFL O Lineman and still carve out a nice career. Being mentally soft isn't one of them.

I think I'm going to go be sick now.

Yeah, definitely concerning.  He was often injured with Miami as well.  When/if he wants to play he will be a major upgrade.  But the fact he’s healthy and was reported “not mentally ready” is not a good sign.

13 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Yeah, definitely concerning.  He was often injured with Miami as well.  When/if he wants to play he will be a major upgrade.  But the fact he’s healthy and was reported “not mentally ready” is not a good sign.

Seriously, WTF is that! I've seen hundreds of different reasons for an O Lineman not playing but thats a new one on me.

Really, what does that even mean?

55 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Seriously, WTF is that! I've seen hundreds of different reasons for an O Lineman not playing but thats a new one on me.

Really, what does that even mean?

I honestly don’t know.  I read that as “took the pay day and ran” 

2 hours ago, germ-x said:

I honestly don’t know.  I read that as “took the pay day and ran” 

He has now become my least favorite Bronco of all time and second is a long ways off.

They need to get rid of him, I don't care how good he is. Offer him up for a low draft choice and find a warrior to put there.

I got an idea. Send him and a draft pick to Washington for the rights to Trent Williams. 

Edited by AKRNA

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

He has now become my least favorite Bronco of all time and second is a long ways off.

They need to get rid of him, I don't care how good he is. Offer him up for a low draft choice and find a warrior to put there.

I got an idea. Send him to and a draft pick to Washington for the rights to Trent Williams. 

I don’t know if even Washington is that dumb.

Well, then again....

I will give James the benefit of the doubt. His injury was projected to take 4-6 weeks, it has taken 7 and he is playing next Sunday. That is not the end of the world. 

I would take a technically sound OT with great footwork who relies on finesse and may be a bit soft over a brute, flag magnet meat head like Bolles every day of the week. He is like a poor mans Clady in many ways. 

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I will give James the benefit of the doubt. His injury was projected to take 4-6 weeks, it has taken 7 and he is playing next Sunday. That is not the end of the world. 

I would take a technically sound OT with great footwork who relies on finesse and may be a bit soft over a brute, flag magnet meat head like Bolles every day of the week. He is like a poor mans Clady in many ways. 

The other part - it was a re-injury.   It’s frustrating but he came back after missing 6 weeks then got re-injured.   With a grade 2 MCL that’s re-injured it’s not realistic to forecast a shorter 2nd recovery time.  The 1st recovery time falls in line with grade 2 MCL recovery and the mechanism in both cases was consistent.     Casting doubt on his character is IMO premature.    

And for sure the position matters - a NT or even a G who isn’t asked to move much can play at reduced ability a lot sooner.  Pocket QB’s often play through it after a week or two (but are significantly reduced mobility wise).    A T can’t do that.   

23 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The other part - it was a re-injury.   It’s frustrating but he came back after missing 6 weeks then got re-injured.   With a grade 2 MCL that’s re-injured it’s not realistic to forecast a shorter 2nd recovery time.  The 1st recovery time falls in line with grade 2 MCL recovery and the mechanism in both cases was consistent.     Casting doubt on his character is IMO premature.    

And for sure the position matters - a NT or even a G who isn’t asked to move much can play at reduced ability a lot sooner.  Pocket QB’s often play through it after a week or two (but are significantly reduced mobility wise).    A T can’t do that.   

"Not mentally ready"? 

Nuff said!

Before ppl get too much into spending on high-priced FA's to address key positions, consider:

All for mid-level WR and IOL starters.   But the formula to stay young is the best - because it's what leads to sustained contention.    Now, this is a special WR draft class to hit with 1 of our first 2 picks IMO, but even then it's unlikely that  a rookie makes an impact (see Sutton's impact last year vs. this one, and that's best case).   A Dorsett-type signing wouldn't be expensive, and would augment our corps.  After Sutton, there is literally no one we should be married to in the WR (Heuermann for his blocking, Fumigali for being cheap, sure - as the 2/3 guys behind Fant, no objections).  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2