Jump to content
thebestever6

Team Building the FUTURE is now!

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Best scenario from your list minus RB, Inline te, and guard.

I've been consistently getting RBs I like in the 5th or 6th round in these mocks.

I think 1 is the most effective of the three when you account for some of the unrealistic values I got in the third mock. Got two high-ceiling trench players and a young, fast linebacker coming from a LB factory. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I've been consistently getting RBs I like in the 5th or 6th round in these mocks.

I think 1 is the most effective of the three when you account for some of the unrealistic values I got in the third mock. Got two high-ceiling trench players and a young, fast linebacker coming from a LB factory. 

What round is the Miami linebacker going ? I know they produce speed when you can keep them clean normally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

What round is the Miami linebacker going ? I know they produce speed when you can keep them clean normally. 

He tends to go 3rd-4th, but he's a stiff. Might as well come from a random Big 10 school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

He tends to go 3rd-4th, but he's a stiff. Might as well come from a random Big 10 school. 

The tackle from Boise state fits this scheme to a T as long as he has enough functional strength and isn't Sambrillo 2.0

Leatherwood seems Ideal in a trade down with his athletic ability.  If we can trade down get the safety from LSU and Leatherwood that's my deal round 1.

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thebestever6 said:

The tackle from Boise state fits this scheme to a T as long as he has enough functional strength and isn't Sambrillo 2.0

Yeah I like Ezra Cleveland. I'm not sure why he's not getting more hype. If you don't go OT in the first, you really don't want to be forced to reach for one in Round 2 when you'll have first round talents falling into your lap. So they need to ID some late Day 2 guys they like. I wonder how much Trey Adams' history of back injuries affects his draft stock because if he's healthy he looks like a plug-and-play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

I wonder how much Trey Adams' history of back injuries affects his draft stock because if he's healthy he looks like a plug-and-play. 

His cons doesn't have enough bend on the perimeter. Can that be fixed? If it can't he is a poor scheme fit. Leatherwood is an Athlete in that Clady mold may be a good constellation prize if we lose out on the top 2 tackles.

Hear good things about the Oregon tackle too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My move if I'm Elway trade down into the mid teens go BPA trade back up into the 20s go Jedrick Wills who profiles at RT long term. It gives you insurance for James and Bolles. Develop a left tackle post Bolles later on.

Draft an in line te to mask Bolles deficiencies until then.

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

My move if I'm Elway trade down into the mid teens go BPA trade back up into the 20s go Jedrick Wills who profiles at RT long term. It gives you insurance for James and Bolles. Develop a left tackle post Bolles later on.

Draft an in line te to mask Bolles deficiencies until then.

IF Lock is the guy I think you gotta get him an upgrade at LT assuming we have a shot at Wirfs or Thomas.  Even with a TE covering him, Bolles is Bolles.  Tough to learn at the QB position when you are getting destroyed or every other drive is set back by a holding penalty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will go back to my original point - we have 12 picks - 12 draft picks are not making the roster - but by trading down if possible and then bundling some picks together I could see a couple of mid- late first round picks, a couple of seconds and a couple of thirds and then possibly a couple of fourth rounders. The higher you pick the better these guys hang around and you fill out the depth of the roster. And with each pick - do what was started a couple of years ago - take guys with character who were leaders in college and take the BPA each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

at Wirfs or Thomas

Thomas is a Miami Dolphin in my mind Wirfs is awesome but trading down and going BPA which could be Leatherwood is a great alternative.  If it gives you the resources to get another first to use on a position of need. Like center/guard/ DE 

I believe people on here are undervaluing Munchaks ability to coach, or I'm undervaluing Wirfs. One of the two is happening. 

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

I will go back to my original point - we have 12 picks - 12 draft picks are not making the roster - but by trading down if possible and then bundling some picks together I could see a couple of mid-

You think we're talented enough on special teams? How many picks are made in your mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed that the high floor, leader picks have been a good strategy. I do think they need to pivot from the "high character, leader" guys on Day 3 though and start picking a few more raw athletes with those picks. You can see the effect it's had on the special teams units. Compared to other units around the league, our guys consistently look unathletic out there. You need low investment guys who can run in the back quarter of your roster and you find those guys on Day 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You think we're talented enough on special teams? How many picks are made in your mind?

If we pick 7-8 players (hopefully in the top four rounds) with the intent that they give the roster depth that is badly needed - everybody keeps saying that this upcoming draft is deep (I have no idea - I have little interest in college football and don't know any of the players) - if that is the case then we will have also have an opportunity to sign some undrafted players that could help with special teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

You need low investment guys who can run in the back quarter of your roster and you find those guys on Day 3. 

Well you have your foundation pieces now with Fant, Sutton, Lindsay, Freeman for 2 more years.

Once you fix oline and inline te, and get a franchise runningback besides Eddie royal type wr you have free range to get moldable athletes. 

I'm just so relieved no more scrub Hendersons round 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

if that is the case then we will have also have an opportunity to sign some undrafted players that could help with special teams.

I want a damn punter lol 

Cody Shank Wadsux isn't doing it for me. Maybe he gets better like wine.

Edited by thebestever6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×