Jump to content
thebestever6

Team Building the FUTURE is now!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ya, I am actually pretty good with out OL outside the RG spot. James should be healthy, Bolles will be given another season, Risner is a boss and McGovern should be resigned. 

Sign a few journeymen at OG, draft one in R2/R3 and let them play for the spot. I really dont like the idea of paying another OG 10M+ and the only ones clearly worth shilling our money for will cost that much. I think McGovern should be our long term option at OC, he was quite good last season and it was his first playing meaningful snaps in that spot. 

 

I think a mid round OT would make some sense for this team as well.  James has a history of injuries and I still don’t think Bolles can be 100% relied upon to get the job done even after ending the year playing better.  In this deep OT class Denver in all likelihood could grab a 2nd round OT talent in the mid 3rd.  Gives Denver excellent depth this year while possibly letting the team groom Bolles replacement at LT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I think a mid round OT would make some sense for this team as well.  James has a history of injuries and I still don’t think Bolles can be 100% relied upon to get the job done even after ending the year playing better.  In this deep OT class Denver in all likelihood could grab a 2nd round OT talent in the mid 3rd.  Gives Denver excellent depth this year while possibly letting the team groom Bolles replacement at LT. 

Ya, I meant to mention that. This draft has some really appealing middle round OL talent. 

Matthew Peart from UConn is a interesting developmental guy. Passes the eye test and was a former BBall player. One of those rare'ish developmental guys who isnt a likely RT or due for a move inside. He is a true developmental bookend LT. Maybe our OL staff can coach him up. Ben Bartch fits this mold too, but I think he is a top 50-60 pick once the dust settles. The Ali Marpet of 2020. 

Even Jack Driscoll is interesting. A master of none, but the guy knows how to play the game and max his skill set. Sorta a Michael Schofield level talent, but thats not bad value in R4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ya, I meant to mention that. This draft has some really appealing middle round OL talent. 

Matthew Peart from UConn is a interesting developmental guy. Passes the eye test and was a former BBall player. One of those rare'ish developmental guys who isnt a likely RT or due for a move inside. He is a true developmental bookend LT. Maybe our OL staff can coach him up. Ben Bartch fits this mold too, but I think he is a top 50-60 pick once the dust settles. The Ali Marpet of 2020. 

Even Jack Driscoll is interesting. A master of none, but the guy knows how to play the game and max his skill set. Sorta a Michael Schofield level talent, but thats not bad value in R4. 

Agreed.  I’d throw Ezra Cleveland in that mix as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

The Broncos should trade Von, Lock, and a DRAFT for Mahomes.

FIFY and even then I bet we'd hear the phone slammed in our ear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 4:51 PM, AKRNA said:

I rely pretty heavily on input from this forum.

Early reports last year on Lock from this forum were abysmal.  His performances were awful and he didn’t look like he belonged in the NFL. Terrible footwork, lousy pocket presence……………… There were lots more comments here but I can’t remember one positive.

That’s why I was all for letting him sit until the last game or two. No sense putting him in if he can’t play the game.

Boy was I wrong! If after his 5 game performance you would have told me we drafted him at 10 I’d tell you we got a steal.

Everything else aside, systems, play calling, whatever really take a back seat to QB development in this case.  Whatever it was McCarthy and Scangarello were doing with Lock they should have just kept doing it. His improvement was astounding.

Quite a high bar for our replacement coaches. Denver fans have never been the most forgiving and if Lock stumbles out of the gate next season there will be hell to pay and rightfully so.

You didn't hear that from me . In the second round Lock looked to be the steal of the draft and that's a non Homer input.

I mean pick 10 I'm always weary but there's a really good debate on whether he should of been had at that pick. I didn't see a huggge gap between him a Daniel Jones. Just felt like Jones was safer. With Murray wanting to play fuel sports I'm interested to see how that unfolds franchise qb is a full time job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting name that just got released from WAS...WR Paul Richardson. Listening to the Fan, since leaving SEA he's had a couple of down years but he's still young, could provide some veteran leadership at WR and most importantly he has speed !! Could come to us on a cheap make-good contract while we could groom a younger draft pick. I loved the idea enough to share, what are your thoughts ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cutler06 said:

An interesting name that just got released from WAS...WR Paul Richardson. Listening to the Fan, since leaving SEA he's had a couple of down years but he's still young, could provide some veteran leadership at WR and most importantly he has speed !! Could come to us on a cheap make-good contract while we could groom a younger draft pick. I loved the idea enough to share, what are your thoughts ??

Yeah, sounds good! CU guy that can run along side Shanault  (who I like) and Winfree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Rumors we’ve been talking to Minnesota about Diggs. Thoughts on 15 for 25 and diggs? Values him as the #58 pick in the draft. 

Love the idea. Not sure the Vikings think their passing offense falling off a cliff will be worth ten spots in the draft though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Rumors we’ve been talking to Minnesota about Diggs. Thoughts on 15 for 25 and diggs? Values him as the #58 pick in the draft. 

Sorry bud but you've already got me convinced a guy with LT skills that can move inside will be available at 15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Sorry bud but you've already got me convinced a guy with LT skills that can move inside will be available at 15.

True, but you have to consider what having Diggs AND an OT like Mekhi Becton (who can still learn as a backup OT) with all the rest of your draft choices vs a Wirfs/Thomas while probably having to use either a 2nd or 3rd on a WR who you know won't give you the same production as Diggs will...what a conundrum !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cutler06 said:

True, but you have to consider what having Diggs AND an OT like Mekhi Becton (who can still learn as a backup OT) with all the rest of your draft choices vs a Wirfs/Thomas while probably having to use either a 2nd or 3rd on a WR who you know won't give you the same production as Diggs will...what a conundrum !

Becton's an interesting guy isn't he. 

I don't know all the kids yet but the thought of going through another season with Wilkinson and Rodgers as backup OT's is frightening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Becton's an interesting guy isn't he. 

I don't know all the kids yet but the thought of going through another season with Wilkinson and Rodgers as backup OT's is frightening. 

Well, if we stay the course at OT this year, 2021 is still filled with some strong OT candidates for our OLine 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-draft-top-offensive-tackles-penei-sewell/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would do 15 for Diggs and 25 in a heartbeat. He is an electric play maker who is only 26 and would give us exactly what we likely would look to be drafting at 15. 

Dude was the #2 option last season and still managed 62 catches with a 18 YPC. Absolutely nuts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×