Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

56 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

There’s no rush to decide yet - but it’s kind of ironic that Elway is holding off on making this decision on Bolles.  

Yeah, I believe he actually said they would wait until after the draft, not exactly a big endorsement for Bolles. 

Bolles is just a hard guy to trust.  Even toward the end of the year where his play improved, he was still a loose cannon who committed bad penalties. 

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Yeah, I believe he actually said they would wait until after the draft, not exactly a big endorsement for Bolles. 

Bolles is just a hard guy to trust.  Even toward the end of the year where his play improved, he was still a loose cannon who committed bad penalties. 

The fifth year option is only guaranteed for injury so it’s most likely picked up.   

But I just couldn’t help but appreciate the fact Elway is holding off on the decision for Bolles.   If anyone can appreciate holding....  I mean, the joke writes itself.  :D

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The fifth year option is only guaranteed for injury so it’s most likely picked up.   

But I just couldn’t help but appreciate the fact Elway is holding off on the decision for Bolles.   If anyone can appreciate holding....  I mean, the joke writes itself.  :D

Yeah.  I don’t get the point of waiting unless it’s a motivational tactic.  As bad as Bolles can be, he’s still probably worth $11M at LT.  Even then waiting until Denver can draft a replacement before picking up his option is not a good look for Bolles.  

So we decided to pick up the options on Todd Davis and on Brandon McManus but not on Ron Leary. I can't say any of these moves shocks me. 

Parting ways with Leary frees up $8m in cap space. According to Spotrac, we now have just under $66m to play with in free agency. Cutting Flacco will free up another $10m.

With $76m in cap space and a projected 12 picks, this is by far the biggest opportunity we've had to makeover the roster in Elway's tenure. I'm fascinated to see what we do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

So we decided to pick up the options on Todd Davis and on Brandon McManus but not on Ron Leary. I can't say any of these moves shocks me. 

Parting ways with Leary frees up $8m in cap space. According to Spotrac, we now have just under $66m to play with in free agency. Cutting Flacco will free up another $10m.

With $76m in cap space and a projected 12 picks, this is by far the biggest opportunity we've had to makeover the roster in Elway's tenure. I'm fascinated to see what we do. 

I think we are going to see Elway be very aggressive.  IIRC, there was a report that if Denver isn’t competing when Elway’s contract runs out in a few years Elway was going to walk away and may do so anyway. 

No surprise that he’s not being targeted to return - but the ACL news likely means Gotsis won’t get much beyond a team-friendly offer in FA.   Probably won’t count much in the comp pick formula.   Oh well. 

We can close the books on him as a failed Day 2 pick - thankfully Elway’s athletic traits - zero football skill Day 2 practices are done.   

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Broncofan said:

No surprise that he’s not being targeted to return - but the ACL news likely means he’s not getting much in FA.   Probably won’t count much in the comp pick formula.   We can close the books on him as a failed Day 2 pick - thankfully Elway’s athletic traits - zero football skill Day 2 practices are done.   

The Gotsis pick is definitely up there when it comes to picks we immediately knew were bad/questionable in the Elway era