Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

As predicted, McGovern is gone - now a Jet.

Given the 9M AAV contract obtained, from a comp pick perspective,  they likely cancel (although if we were really unlucky, depending on if that diff results in a different tier, it might count more against us - more likely it's just a zero sum gain here).

Edited by Broncofan

I understand people are upset over Reader, but let’s see what the guarantees are first. 13.25 per is steep. Even for a guy like Reader, who was my #1 target for the Broncos. Disappointing yes, but not the end of the world. There are still quality football players left available. 

I find it interesting that Shelby Harris hasn’t been signed with this first wave of DL coming off the board so quickly. His market isn’t quite what he thought?  

• Like 2

Thread title is wrong, should say NEXT YEAR instead of NOW. Looks to me Elway is letting the Raiders and Chargers pass them in Free Agency (a more immediate impact) trying to get a better picks for the draft next year while probably rolling unused cap money over to next year. 

Edited by Cutler06
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Too much overreaction. Denver has pursued this strategy for awhile. Snag one of the top FAs, and then let the market settle and get the next wave. Still plenty of players out there that could be worth our while.

Agree - but this year they really set the expectation that they were in for some splash moves.  It’s not so much anger at the approach, as surprise given all of the “hints” that they were going to go big.

Just now, DiehardBronxFan said:

Agree - but this year they really set the expectation that they were in for some splash moves.  It’s not so much anger at the approach, as surprise given all of the “hints” that they were going to go big.

I mean, we tagged Simmons, traded for a new #1CB in Bouye, and signed a new OG/OC in Glasgow. Those are all critical moves. There's still a host of other second/third tier guys that could be had. Imagine landing Michael Pierce/Prince Amukamara and maybe a vet RB and WR? By all accounts that would seem to be a damn good offseason. We also have 11 draft picks, which can be traded/will certainly be used for impact players.

• Like 1