Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Is kinlaw or brown from Auburn better than Buckner that the Colts got?

I don't think so. Kinlaw has the potential to be but Buckner was the 7th pick of the draft and was always expected to be a top 10 pick leading up to the draft. He has completely lived up to the hype/status. Kinlaw was looked at a mid 1st round pick and has risen as of late. Brown has been projected as a top 10 pick and has been sliding a bit closer to the 10 than the 1. Play style is more different though. Brown's run defense and push appear to be great but his pass rush has some questions. The money difference is huge though and not worth it for us to have traded and given the contract if thats why you're asking the question. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

The money difference is huge though and not worth it for us to have traded and given the contract if thats why you're asking the question. 

Yeah it was I'm intrigued to see what happens at 15 if Thomas falls run to the podium and ship Billed for a 4th.

I also like Ceedee Lamb but he likes to party. So did Justin Blackmon

9 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Yeah it was I'm intrigued to see what happens at 15 if Thomas falls run to the podium and ship Billed for a 4th.

I also like Ceedee Lamb but he likes to party. So did Justin Blackmon

He's, what, a 21-yo kid? They all like to party. I'm not sure where that info is coming from lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I wonder if the Broncos are in on the Todd Gurley trade?  

Wouldn’t at all be opposed to a one-year flyer on him, as Shurmur would surely enjoy a pass-catching RB of his caliber. His snap count could be monitored very closely as well, given that he generally wouldn’t be the featured back. Alas, I’m sure he’ll get more money somewhere else then I’d be comfortable offering. 

3 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Wouldn’t at all be opposed to a one-year flyer on him, as Shurmur would surely enjoy a pass-catching RB of his caliber. His snap count could be monitored very closely as well, given that he generally wouldn’t be the featured back. Alas, I’m sure he’ll get more money somewhere else then I’d be comfortable offering. 

Well...wouldn't that align well with what Lindsay does?  Lindsay needs a pitch count too.  I think it would make one hell of a backfield.  

9 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Well...wouldn't that align well with what Lindsay does?  Lindsay needs a pitch count too.  I think it would make one hell of a backfield.  

Oh no doubt, I think it’d be great. But I’m guessing he’ll get more than the $4-5M I’d be comfortable with. Maybe his availability softens Melvin Gordon’s market some, and vice versa, and we can get a bargain on either of them? 

• Like 2

Someone's going to pay MG3 more than what we should shell out.   RB's on 2nd/3rd contracts with this draft class, no thank you.    It's nothing against MG3, but even laying out 6-7M is way too much $ for a RB who's not elite level - and MG3 is very good, but not elite level.    Someone else will take the shot, more likely a team in much worse shape RB-wise than we are, and with draft needs elsewhere.   If he's bargain basement, sure...but I doubt he'd want to come here, where he'd clearly be in a RBBC.   A 1-year prove-it deal so he can reset his value in a much weaker RB draft class seems like the move he's going to make.

And a huuuuge no on Gurley.   The flags there are radioactive. 

• Like 1

Read this on PFN:

"The Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals, and Denver Broncos have contacted the XFL's Houston Roughnecks regarding QB P.J. Walker, per Mark Berman"

Seems odd given the Driskel signing, but the gut is H-O-T right now.

9 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Read this on PFN:

"The Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals, and Denver Broncos have contacted the XFL's Houston Roughnecks regarding QB P.J. Walker, per Mark Berman"

Seems odd given the Driskel signing, but the gut is H-O-T right now.

Would be all about this signing personally.

• Like 1