thebestever6

Team Building the FUTURE is now!

@BroncoBruin "As for the draft, I like a trade down w/ JAX. 8 for 16, R2 and 2021 R3.

R1 Jalen Hurts QB - Oklahoma

R2 Alaric Jackson OT - Iowa

R2 Troy Dye ILB - Oregon"

Love the trade down but I'm a Lock believer guess we have a half of season to change your mind. 

I'm a believer in Lock the same way the Raiders believed in Carr. I think he can give you 6 seasons of top 10 game management in the right system. Ala Flacco, Carr, Kaepernick because the Shannys and the Harbaughs share a very parallel mindset on offense. 

For the people that dislike the Lock pick where on the spectrum is he to a Jake Plummer as a prospect? I see Jake Plummer 2.0 with better tools. 

Edited by thebestever6

Bolles might not get get cut but no way he gets his 5th year option picked up.  
They will move James over there and find a new RT before picking up that option on Bolles. 

If Denver does get a new LT drafted, they will try to trade Bolles in draft, or cut him afterwards 

6 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Bolles might not get get cut but no way he gets his 5th year option picked up.  
They will move James over there and find a new RT before picking up that option on Bolles. 

If Denver does get a new LT drafted, they will try to trade Bolles in draft, or cut him afterwards 

I said the same thing about Nelson Aghlor getting his option picked up. The bottom line is the landscape of the league will dictate this more than anything as well as the teams moves/plan.

Our 9 News Broncos insider

confirms on the show what I've been telling you. Any narrative that the Broncos "don't like" Drew Lock is just wrong. You WILL see him this season. 

from the mouthpieces mouth.

IDK what the trade value of Bolles would be. Maybe a R6?

For the people that dislike the Lock pick where on the spectrum is he to a Jake Plummer as a prospect? I see Jake Plummer 2.0 with better tools. 

I don't think he has the pocket feel / escapeability that Plummer had. That guy was magic at times when pressure was coming down.

My comp for Lock has always been a more mobile Chad Henne.

8 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

IDK what the trade value of Bolles would be. Maybe a R6?

I don't think he has the pocket feel / escapeability that Plummer had. That guy was magic at times when pressure was coming down.

My comp for Lock has always been a more mobile Chad Henne.

That is 100% fair and I don't think Cutler had that either compared to Jake. I think that skill can be improved upon in the offseason in a various of ways. Also to combat that you get a franchise rb and improve your oline to the max in the short term.

A 6th for BOLLES come on mannn we got a 5th for Sambrillo. At least Bolles has some film on his resume despite being 27. I see a 4th minimum if that move was made.

A 6th for BOLLES come on mannn we got a 5th for Sambrillo. At least Bolles has some film on his resume despite being 27. I see a 4th minimum if that move was made.

Ty had played more positions, locked up longer, cheaper and not a total meat head. He was seen as having some semblance of potential.

Bolles doesn't know how to play this game, is a penalty machine and is consistently ranked near the bottom of the barrel using advanced metrics. You really think he is worth a 4th? He isn't going to net us much. I would wager cut more likely than 'at least a 4th'.

5 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ty had played more positions, locked up longer, cheaper and not a total meat head. He was seen as having some semblance of potential.

Bolles doesn't know how to play this game, is a penalty machine and is consistently ranked near the bottom of the barrel using advanced metrics. You really think he is worth a 4th? He isn't going to net us much. I would wager cut more likely than 'at least a 4th'.

Bolles is a plusssss run blocker for a swing tackle alone hes worth a 5th. I get your hate for him but a 6th is criminal. 

And idk when Ty was drafted and traded got to check that fact out.

Edited by thebestever6

Garrett Bolles has given up 15 pressures since Week 7.    The next highest on the DEN team?  5.    FIVE.

Garrett Bolles has given up 11 penalties in 9 weeks of play.   Only 5 have been accepted.

Garrett Bolles is 27.  Bolles has shown literally zero progress since his rookie year.  And this is with a coaching staff that has seen progress with almost everyone else this year, and a HoF worth OL coach brought in specifically for Bolles & the OL's development.   

Then you add in the 2020 market for T's.   There are 4-6 T's being discussed as going in Rd1, and certainly will likely all go by Rd2.    We know for sure that Trent Williams is going to be traded by the 'Skins in the offseason.  For the RT's, Jack Conklin, Bulaga are UFA's, and yes, Andrew Whitworth is back as UFA (likely a 1-year stopgap though).    This year is not even close to 2017.   In 2017, there was Whitworth, and then a whole lot of junk.    Draft-wise - there was Ryan Ramczyk, and there was Bolles as potential LT's (Robinson a RT).     This year, there's a much deeper class of high end T talent to draft from.

Honestly, if we got a ham sandwich, I'd take it and call it a win.  Now, the ONLY reason we'll get something in a potential trade - he's cheap.   His salary will be sub-2M.   And he's got tools - but the lack of skills negates the toolset pretty easily after 3 failed seasons.    I can see a Rd5 pick best-case, but Rd6 wouldn't surprise me at all.

Take away the draft pedigree, look at the film & player, and the only thing that stands out is the cheap salary, and the tools.    The problem is this is not the offseason in which T talent will be that scarce.    

Given the market, it wouldn't surprise me if we simply keep him, and try him at G, or swing T.   Especially given Elway's (or Ellis pulling his strings, whatever ppl want to say) refusal to commit to a complete rebuild.

Edited by Broncofan

Elway likes tackles high because they hold some form of value even when the bust out. So I can't rule put tackle early I wouldn't bet against it.

Can't rule put trading Bolles like Sambrillo but the value assessed upon Bolles is criminal around these parts.

He'll never be a franchise left tackle but he'll never be traded for a 6th round pick more than likely. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I can see a Rd5 pick best-case, but Rd6 wouldn't surprise me at all.

Take away the draft pedigree, look at the film & player, and the only thing that stands out is the cheap salary, and the tools.    The problem is this is not the offseason in which T talent will be that scarce.    

Given the market, it wouldn't surprise me if we simply keep him, and try him at G, or swing T.   Especially given Elway's (or Ellis pulling his strings, whatever ppl want to say) refusal to commit to a complete rebuild

So a team that misses the boat on the draft eligible tackles in round 4 , or 5 will trade a pick for him .

With the qb ressurgance in the league Left tackle/Swing tackle is valued now more than ever before especially cheap.

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

They're not picking up Bolles' fifth year option. 

What is his 5th year option pay wise? You're probably 90% right about that

Just now, thebestever6 said:

What is his 5th year option pay wise? You're probably 90% right about that

Somewhere in the 10-12 million range. That's not happening.

If they can get a 5th for him, they'll be thrilled.