Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Well we need our big Safety or one that can play like one. I don't think you're valuing Perryman enough.  Derwin Jamessss is such a huge loss to overcome. If we get our James/Abraham Perryman would be a nice cheap stop gap if Todd Davis' Achilles breaks.

I know what Perryman is. He can't cover. You're overvaluing him as a dime backer. You said as a dime linebacker, not as a base defense backer. A dime linebacker is a player that plays in dime formations. 

• Like 1

I am basing it off the context you used, and you do this quite a bit and try and turn it. You said as our dime linebacker. Then you say I'm undervaluing him? As a base linebacker that would be different, but as a dime backer you are overrating him. I am using your logic of placing players into certain categories which I think we should move away from.  I know you like to pigeon hole things. Using terms such as "Game Manager QB", "Scat Back", "Bottom of the first Value", "Day 2 value" and so on. It doesn't have to always be placed into a category. That's how you get the surprise of people when McCaffrey can carry the load of an offense, because people wanted to categorize him. Football has evolved into so much more than categories. Categories make people feel safe with knowing what they have but it also limits people Like Elway looking at the height of a QB and missing out on a Russell Wilson. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I know what Perryman is. He can't cover. You're overvaluing him as a dime backer. You said as a dime linebacker, not as a base defense backer. A dime linebacker is a player that plays in dime formations. 

Fine we can get him cheap to hedge our bets with Davis I concede the dime backer comment. We should get that guy in the draft.

The point I'm trying to make is Perryman has similar measurements to Trevathan and is yearsssss younger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Fine we can get him cheap to hedge our bets with Davis I concede the dime backer comment. We should get that guy in the draft.

The point I'm trying to make is Perryman has similar measurements to Trevathan and is yearsssss younger.

Their games are so different though. Don't pigeon hole them on measurements. Players can have similar measurements but play the game differently.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Their games are so different though. Don't pigeon hole them on measurements. Players can have similar measurements but play the game differently.  

I'm not doing that I value Mike the same way I value rb. Cant miss guys on their rookie deals go for it.

Second and third contracts take calculated risks I don't think Trevathan is that. 

You get a tanzanian Devil for Kareem to groom it completely changes our d.

Edited by thebestever6

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm not doing that I value Mike the same way I value rb. Cant miss guys on their rookie deals go for it.

Second and third contracts take calculated risks I don't think Trevathan is that. 

You get a tanzanian Devil for Kareem to groom it completely changes our d.

Depending where we pick, Isaiah Simmons (I wouldn't pass on Thomas or Wirfs for him) can be all of these things. Base LBer inside who can cover and blitz and Dime Backer on a rookie deal. I read yesterday that he has even played over 80 snaps deep this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Depending where we pick, Isaiah Simmons (I wouldn't pass on Thomas or Wirfs for him) can be all of these things. Base LBer inside who can cover and blitz and Dime Backer on a rookie deal. I read yesterday that he has even played over 80 snaps deep this season. 

Simmons is an excellent prospect hence my primary goal is putting speed around AJ. He's gonna check a Tonnnnn of boxes. Also protecting him nt, end

Dime Mike's with instincts can be had 3/4/5 and be groomed into long term Davis replacements.  Look at Mack Wilson going to the Browns in the 5th.

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

Just now, thebestever6 said:

But... safeties can also be groomed so where do you cheapen out on?? That's the dilemma.

I think DE from Iowa might surpass all those guys or the DT from Auburn. 

Epenesa? I wouldn’t play him at 3-4 end unless he packed on some weight. I love Derrick Brown though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Simmons is an excellent prospect hence my primary goal is putting speed around AJ. He's gonna check a Tonnnnn of boxes. Also protecting him nt, end

Dime Mike's with instincts can be had 3/4/5 and be groomed into long term Davis replacements.  Look at Mack Wilson going to the Browns in the 5th.

There are great prospects found in those rounds at every position. Scouting and Coaching and Development all play a key part. Doesn’t mean you should pass on a BPA. Simmons is a game changer on defense. If he is there and we pick around 10 and the tackles are gone I think he is good value.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Epenesa? I wouldn’t play him at 3-4 end unless he packed on some weight. I love Derrick Brown though.

Agreed and your point about McCaffrey is totally sound. 

I'll leave you with this just bc McCaffrey can carry the load does that mean he should carry the load???

McCaffrey has an eliteeee set of skills. He's a guy you want for a second contract. 

The Panthers are village idiots not getting a David Montgomery to pair with him so he doesn't burn out. Change my mind... He could evolve into an elite slot receiver second contract. 

Edited by thebestever6

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Agreed and your point about McCaffrey is totally sound. 

I'll leave you with this just bc McCaffrey can carry the load does that mean he should carry the load???

McCaffrey has an eliteeee set of skills. He's a guy you want for a second contract. 

The Panthers are village idiots not getting a David Montgomery to pair with him so he doesn't burn out. Change my mind... He could evolve into an elite slot receiver second contract. 

They should have a solid second back to help out. They tried it with CJ Anderson for a bit last season. They need to find someone. A one two punch like we have with Little Phil and Royce

• Like 1