Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

4 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

If I am not mistaken - he was medically cleared by the Broncos and he is seeking an outside second opinion.

The 2020 saveable $ doesn't kick in as guaranteed until before Week 1, so there's no real rush....and cutting him before he's officially cleared puts a risk of a grievance.    It would be shocking to see him kept, more that the team is ensuring Flacco is completely cleared before being released.   There's no rush, only risking an injury grievance.   

Edited by Broncofan

In case ppl missed it - Simmons franchise tag official.  

It was always the most likely outcome, but CHJ confirming what we suspected.....DEN & he aren't likely finding a match.    Wish him well, and look forward to his Ring of Fame ceremony in the future.

Edited by Broncofan

Sad the Broncos couldn't get something done with CHJ, but Elway was right about trading Talib and letting TJ Ward walk. And I've seen a few Broncos go like Shannon Sharp. It happens...looks like the Broncos are reinventing themselves, which will ring true if they let Wolfe walk without an offer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

So I think one of two things happen. We move up for our guy or someone trades up to Tampa to take a WR (Eagles, Bills) yes I know it’s a deep class but the top three in Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs are going to be highly coveted. 

I am starting to think the same.  I think a Denver is in great shape just to sit and take the BPA at #15, but if they want one of these WRs I’m thinking they’re going to have to move up to get him.

What do you think if Mims?  I’ve only seen highlights, but he seems impressive.  Not at #15, but in the 2nd or a trade up from our 2nd.

8 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I am starting to think the same.  I think a Denver is in great shape just to sit and take the BPA at #15, but if they want one of these WRs I’m thinking they’re going to have to move up to get him.

What do you think if Mims?  I’ve only seen highlights, but he seems impressive.  Not at #15, but in the 2nd or a trade up from our 2nd.

2nd sure. There were some games where he was held to minimal impact though. His stat line looks good against UGA but he was invisible in the first half of that game. 

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

2nd sure. There were some games where he was held to minimal impact though. His stat line looks good against UGA but he was invisible in the first half of that game. 

Doubt Mims makes it to our 2nd, he'll go 20-37 range IMO. Perhaps a trade back but we don't need more draft capital this year

10 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Doubt Mims makes it to our 2nd, he'll go 20-37 range IMO. Perhaps a trade back but we don't need more draft capital this year

Well I don’t think he does either but I was stating I’d be comfortable taking him there not at 15 though

• Like 1