Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

Just now, thebestever6 said:

I want a damn punter lol 

f*ck yea - how Wadman hasn't been dumped is beyond me  - in fact why he was signed in the first place is shocking. I remember watching a youtube video of him being coached  and I said to myself the guy better find another job - then Elway signs him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

f*ck yea - how Wadman hasn't been dumped is beyond me  - in fact why he was signed in the first place is shocking. I remember watching a youtube video of him being coached  and I said to myself the guy better find another job - then Elway signs him.

Only thing I got is this is the end of a rebuild. They wanted to coach everyone up before they make small decisions to win a game or two. Hence why I think 2020 draft is 10 picks minimum. 

Round 1= Fant Matt Lacoss only dude on roster who had that ability we let him walk.

Guy the Packers signed at guard = Risner (he was need and bpa)

Keenum = Lock 

4th for Flacco(mentor) = 3rd this year via trade down. Also upgraded round 7 to round 6 in the Keenum trade every bit helps.

After that is was just BPA and projects. 

^ that put Kareem Jackson in a mentor role next year so safety most likely gets addressed day 2 or 1.

Purcell= same deal

Wolfe= this becomes a high need round 1 watch if not addressed adequately in Free agency.

Simmons type linebacker to put speed around AJ Johnson. 

On O Tackle, Tackle, guard can also use a guy if it's there. Center historically just isn't valued before round 3 for us.

Franchise RB

BPA WR at some point.

19 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Man you think we have like 100 day 1 and 2 picks. You want to address a new position every day with a day 1 or 2 pick.

We have 5 right now.

I listed Safety, DE, NT, Tackle, Franchise rb, and in line te as the most important needs.

Linebacker need a developmental cover needs to add bulk dude.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities to aquire another day 2 pick. All other positions are secondary unless a cant miss prospect falls.

Edited by thebestever6

19 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

We have 5 right now.

I listed Safety, DE, NT, Tackle, Franchise rb, and in line te as the most important needs.

Linebacker need a developmental cover needs to add bulk dude.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities to aquire another day 2 pick. All other positions are secondary unless a cant miss prospect falls.

And that’s how franchises never get off the ground. There are so many needs they need to BPA. If BPA at a position of need then even better.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Counselor said:

And that’s how franchises never get off the ground. There are so many needs they need to BPA. If BPA at a position of need then even better.

I agree lol, I don't understand where you're coming from with that response.  They have so many needs if a cant miss blue chip doesn't fall they should trade down and still get two cornerstones with two first rounders.

If you can't get Chase young, Andrew Thomas, or Wirfs trade down and you'll have a premier option fall to you.

People bang on a drum for Middle Linebacker failing to realize dline is usually first priority when Vic gets somewhere. 

Edited by thebestever6

31 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

People bang on a drum for Middle Linebacker failing to realize dline is usually first priority when Vic gets somewhere. 

Mike Purcell has done a nice job at the NT position but we don't have anyone like Roquan Smith on this team. What Smith did for Fangio's CHI defense took it to another level. We have pieces on this team but not one of our MLB's can run sideline-to-sideline.

• Like 1

Just now, Cutler06 said:

Mike Purcell has done a nice job at the NT position but we don't have anyone like Roquan Smith on this team. What Smith did for Fangio's CHI defense took it to another level. We have pieces on this team but not one of our MLB's can run sideline-to-sideline.

If you had a safety from LSU this year or a guy like Simmons it masks that challenge in the immediate future.

There's very good round 3 or 4 Middle Linebacker prospects they're just small and need to add bulk.

Our first priority on D should be Dline our second priority should be Linebacker or safety to get speed around Johnson. The order you address them in depends on BPA though.

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

If you had a safety from LSU this year or a guy like Simmons it masks that challenge in the immediate future.

There's very good round 3 or 4 Middle Linebacker prospects they're just small and need to add Derrick Brown  .

Our first priority on D should be Dline our second priority should be Linebacker or safety to get speed around Johnson. The order you address them in depends on BPA though.

Well, both Delpit and Simmons are top 10-12 picks and while I like both, safety isn't a top priority with Jackson and Simmons (he'll be signed long-term or franchised) already on board.

You should be able to get a few 3rd or 4th round picks but you can also get some decent Dline prospects in 2nd-4th rd too. I do like Brown but I feel we  MUST get our biggest need filled and that's a LT.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

safety isn't a top priority with Jackson and Simmons (he'll be signed long-term or franchised) already on board.

You're absolutely right on the surface just like qb wasn't an imminent need heading into the 2019 draft and we still picked Lock it happens.

And I heard that Simmons from Clemson would most likely play linebacker. 

7 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

. I do like Brown but I feel we  MUST get our biggest need filled and that's a LT.

Left tackle I just feel like gets filled via free agency. I mean look at Denvers offense all they're paying money too is James pretty much, and Leary. 

Unless Boles gets traded because like it or not due to his effort alone he's going to be kept for 4 years minimum unless a 3rd/4th is offered. 

Edited by thebestever6

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You're absolutely right on the surface just like qb wasn't an imminent need heading into the 2019 draft and we still picked Lock it happens.

And I heard that Simmons from Clemson would most likely play linebacker. 

Left tackle I just feel like gets filled via free agency. I mean look at Denvers offense all they're paying money too is James pretty much, and Leary. 

Unless Boles gets traded because like it or not due to his effort alone he's going to be kept for 4 years minimum unless a 4th is offered. 

Oh, PLEASE !!  Surely you can't mean the Flacco acquisition eliminated the need for a QBOTF ???  We had nothing like Lock on our roster we had to draft a qb in such a qb-rich draft last year.

I agree Simmons will play LB but again, not out BIGGEST need in the 1st. You've eluded we should trade down but when you have an opportunity to land a franchise LT like Thomas or Wirfs, YOU DO IT. As for a LT in free agency, how often does a franchise LT make it to free agency ?? Even that WAS LT has issues (he'll be 32) and they're already said to be asking for a fortune. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Oh, PLEASE !!  Surely you can't mean the Flacco acquisition eliminated the need for a QBOTF ???  We had nothing like Lock on our roster we had to draft a qb in such a qb-rich draft last year.

And Kareem Jackson doesn't eliminate the need at safety. Fangio wants a physical presence back there more likely than not long term Pruit can do some things. And Kareem Jackson is versatile.

Leatherwood I don't think is a bad consolation prize at LT, The tackle from Oregon isn'ta bad one, and The tackle from Boise State has some upside at Left Tackle. Unless Thomas Falls, or Wirfs, or a cant miss DLine upgrade a trade down may be wise.

WR round day 2 wish list the only guys really catching my eyes because I wanna give Lock 2 tes to throw too in Sutton and a number 2 are Gandy Golden, and the guy from Wake forest Sage Sage Surratt reminds me of Eddie Mcaffrey valedictorian of his class and is just a smart football player. 

Elway Values Defense  and a next level time of possesion offense so that's what he's trying to piece together on O. On O the only money we're really spending atm is on Juwan James other than that it's free range. 

Edited by thebestever6

Garrett Bolles is gonna have competition next year no doubt about that..

But people acting like he's going to be rage cut are laughable.  He suckkkkkkkssss but his effort alone is worth picking up his 5th year option unless we sink a top 5 pick, or go big on it in Free agency.  Bolles is kinda holding some form of value 3rd/4th round pick simply due to the fact of how in demand Left tackles are. @Cutler06 alluded to it Trent William's at 32 was still commanding a first.

It's the landscape of the league I'm not pulling stuff out of thin air. If we go Left tackle early, and or free agency don't be surprised if Bolles gets traded for a 3rd or 4th round pick minimum.  

Edited by thebestever6