Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

A big PLEASE NO on spending $ on FA RB's.    They just aren't worth it, especially not in this draft class.

This x10000000000. 

If we want another RB just spend a damn mid-round pick on one. Spend the FA money on Wolfe, a legit RG, a ILB and some depth. Use the draft to go after offense. 

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

This x10000000000. 

If we want another RB just spend a damn mid-round pick on one. Spend the FA money on Wolfe, a legit RG, a ILB and some depth. Use the draft to go after offense. 

Definitely don't want to spend significant money on a FA RB. But to be fair our last 4 mid round RBs off the top of my head: Hillman, Ball, Booker, Freeman

....so we def don't have the track record for getting a good player at that position with premium draft picks. If you can get a proven RB on like a one year deal I feel like I'd be cool with that 

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Meh, pay what it takes on Reader/Pierce and Schobert/Littleton to shore up the front 7 and sign Amukamara for a friendly deal. Attack WR/OL in the draft and call it a day.

Rather get two stud DL. Let someone else overpay the LBs. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Rather get two stud DL. Let someone else overpay the LBs. 

Wouldnt mind that either but if the Broncos are really letting Parks/CHJ/Wolfe/Shelby ALL walk out the door--they need to supplement those losses aggressively in FA. Go get both Reader and Pierce. A front with Von/Chubb/Pierce/Reader/Jones/Purcell/Atachou makes me happy.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Wouldnt mind that either but if the Broncos are really letting Parks/CHJ/Wolfe/Shelby ALL walk out the door--they need to supplement those losses aggressively in FA. Go get both Reader and Pierce. A front with Von/Chubb/Pierce/Reader/Jones/Purcell/Atachou makes me happy.

Reader seems like their guy and I don't see how they don't supplement that with another signing, even a cheaper rotational guy like A'Shawn Robinson who can at least be a plus run defender. Losing a lot of snaps with Wolfe, Harris and Gotsis gone. 

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Reader seems like their guy and I don't see how they don't supplement that with another signing, even a cheaper rotational guy like A'Shawn Robinson who can at least be a plus run defender. Losing a lot of snaps with Wolfe, Harris and Gotsis gone. 

Still cant believe they are letting all 3 walk....not even bringing back 1 of Wolfe/Harris is sort of strange considering how much cap space they have

Purcell didn't look that bad though, did he?  If Kinlaw can somehow fall to them, or they trade up for him that would seem amazing.  But I thought the strategy the Broncos were aiming for was to buy the defense and draft the offense.  I was totally on board with that line of think'n.

2 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Purcell didn't look that bad though, did he?  If Kinlaw can somehow fall to them, or they trade up for him that would seem amazing.  But I thought the strategy the Broncos were aiming for was to buy the defense and draft the offense.  I was totally on board with that line of think'n.

I think 49ers trading to #13 now might take all 3 of Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy off the board at #15. It might push a player like Kinlaw there though and if hes available and all 3 of the top WRs are off the board then I dont think you can pass on that.

34 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think 49ers trading to #13 now might take all 3 of Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy off the board at #15. It might push a player like Kinlaw there though and if hes available and all 3 of the top WRs are off the board then I dont think you can pass on that.

Or Andrew Thomas. Or Derrick Brown. If any of those three are there you take them. They are top 5 players in this draft.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

BTW if ppl didn't think the FA market is a little nuts right now...

At least Hargrave can play.   Jimmy Graham is finished.

What this tells me - DJ Reader is going to get insane $.  I don't think Elway gets his guy here.

Shows you that Elway can negotiate his own price or let the market dictate.....granted the market weill slow down as less money is available but less talent is also the result.