Week 10 Games

Leader

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I stopped watching The Walking dead when I realized that literally every episode was an hour long tease of the next episode and it is basically a soap opera with zombies that also sucks.

Same - Sons of Anarchy was similar. I mean, if I want to see people I don't like make abysmally stupid decisions, I'll just hang out with my family. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I haven't read this entire thread but after seeing the Saints lay an egg at home against Atlanta yesterday I don't feel as bad about last week now.

It happens.

PIT just took down last years SB team.
MIA is beating people (for some reason).
KC - the unbeatable KC - has now lost 4 of 6.
The (formerly) one win Falcons just took down the (formerly) one loss Saints.

It happens.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL  Even hyperkinetic / overblown Skip Bayless is FREAKING OUT that DAL tried to run the ball with Elliott at the end of the game. 

:)

I was fine with the call on 2nd down. Not many teams can stop Elliot for no gain on 2nd and 1 especially with their top run defender not playing (Joseph). The 3rd down call was the bad call. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I was fine with the call on 2nd down. Not many teams can stop Elliot for no gain on 2nd and 1 especially with their top run defender not playing (Joseph). The 3rd down call was the bad call. 

I submit Elliott had been shut down, Dallas was moving the ball thru the air and to go to him at that *critical* moment of the game was a mistake.

Excluding the very last (Hail Mary) drive - here's Dallas's last two possessions:

2nd & 14 at DAL 21: (15:00 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete deep right to M.Gallup.
3rd & 14 at DAL 21: (14:53 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass deep right to R.Cobb pushed ob at DAL 41 for 20 yards (H.Smith).
1st & 10 at DAL 41: (14:25 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Elliott right guard to DAL 42 for 1 yard (S.Stephen).
2nd & 9 at DAL 42: (13:48 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short left to A.Cooper to MIN 40 for 18 yards (X.Rhodes).
1st & 10 at MIN 40: (13:11 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Elliott left tackle to MIN 35 for 5 yards (D.Hunter).
2nd & 5 at MIN 35: (12:36 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short right to M.Gallup.
3rd & 5 at MIN 35: (12:31 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott sacked at 50 for -15 yards (sack split by D.Hunter and E.Griffen). PENALTY on MIN-H.Smith, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at MIN 35 - No Play.
1st & 10 at MIN 30: (12:12 - 4th) E.Elliott left tackle to MIN 30 for no gain (E.Kendricks; E.Griffen).
2nd & 10 at MIN 30: (11:36 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass deep left to R.Cobb to MIN 6 for 24 yards (A.Barr).
1st & Goal at MIN 6: (10:53 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Elliott left guard to MIN 5 for 1 yard (A.Barr).
2nd & Goal at MIN 5: (10:13 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short left [S.Stephen].
3rd & Goal at MIN 5: (10:07 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short middle to J.Witten.
4th & Goal at MIN 5: (10:00 - 4th) Brett Maher 23 Yd Field Goal

//////

1st & 10 at DAL 6: (4:34 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass deep middle to R.Cobb to DAL 26 for 20 yards (A.Harris).
1st & 10 at DAL 26: (3:58 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short left to A.Cooper to DAL 36 for 10 yards (X.Rhodes).
1st & 10 at DAL 36: (3:23 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short right to M.Gallup.
2nd & 10 at DAL 36: (3:18 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short right to M.Gallup to DAL 49 for 13 yards (M.Hughes). Penalty on MIN-M.Hughes, Illegal Use of Hands, declined.
1st & 10 at DAL 49: (3:10 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short right to A.Cooper to MIN 31 for 20 yards (M.Hughes).
1st & 10 at MIN 31: (2:39 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) E.Elliott up the middle to MIN 27 for 4 yards (S.Weatherly).
2nd & 6 at MIN 27: (2:04 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short right to J.Witten to MIN 19 for 8 yards (M.Hughes).
(1:57 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning
1st & 10 at MIN 19: (1:57 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass short right to A.Cooper to MIN 11 for 8 yards (M.Hughes).
2nd & 2 at MIN 11: (1:33 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) E.Elliott up the middle to MIN 11 for no gain (E.Kendricks; S.Weatherly).
3rd & 2 at MIN 11: (1:06 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) E.Elliott left end to MIN 14 for -3 yards (I.Odenigbo).
(0:42 - 4th) Timeout #1 by MIN at 00:44.
4th & 5 at MIN 14: (0:44 - 4th) (Shotgun) D.Prescott pass incomplete short left to E.Elliott (E.Kendricks).

I’m just really happy for Clay Matthews.  7.5 sacks in 6 games.  Just proves that he still has a lot left and all he really needed was some kind (any kind) of interior pass rush to really help his game.  Makes you wonder what might have been had we been able to give it to him here.  Instead, he had to make it work with no pass coverage or interior rush the past two years while being the only effective pass rushing option for all the years Peppers wasn’t there.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m just really happy for Clay Matthews.  7.5 sacks in 6 games.  Just proves that he still has a lot left and all he really needed was some kind (any kind) of interior pass rush to really help his game.  Makes you wonder what might have been had we been able to give it to him here.  Instead, he had to make it work with no pass coverage or interior rush the past two years while being the only effective pass rushing option for all the years Peppers wasn’t there.  

Yes makes a difference when you're playing with talent around you. He didn't have it here that often. I wanted him back. Instead of giving Daniel's money to Lowry they should have given it to Clay.

• Like 2

Just now, St Vince said:

Yes makes a difference when you're playing with talent around you. He didn't have it here that often. I wanted him back. Instead of giving Daniel's money to Lowry they should have given it to Clay.

And then we wouldn't have drafted Gary and instead we would have drafted Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence or Jeffery Simmons. 

Clay Matthews playing a mixture of relief pass rush and ILB rusher would have been fun to watch. 

****, this is gonna be like another Mandarich instead of Barry Sanders or Deion Sanders if Gary doesn't turn into an 80 career sack player. 

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hoping Russel Wilson can use DK and Gordon to pull a rabbit out of his hat tonight against San Fran......

I am still trying to figure out who to rout for in this one.  I guess if you think we have a shot at the #1 seed then SEA.   Just can't get past my hate for the Seachickens.  Just want a bye don't care if it's #1 or #2 seed.  Think I'll pull for SF in this one.  Just hate Seattle think I even hate them more than the Vikings.  So in order of hate #1 Seattle #2 Vikings #3 Patriots.  I really really really hate Seattle.  

2 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

I am still trying to figure out who to rout for in this one.  I guess if you think we have a shot at the #1 seed then SEA.   Just can't get past my hate for the Seachickens.  Just want a bye don't care if it's #1 or #2 seed.  Think I'll pull for SF in this one.  Just hate Seattle think I even hate them more than the Vikings.  So in order of hate #1 Seattle #2 Vikings #3 Patriots.  I really really really hate Seattle.  

? Why pull for the team behind us in the playoff rankings to win (?) against the only team ahead of us in the playoff rankings (?) who we just happen to play in two weeks?

You need to bury your hate with rationale thought :)

11 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

It's a win either way honestly. I'll pull for Seattle because we are still in the picture for the No. 1 seed as of now so a SF loss helps that goal. On the other hand, if we fall out of the No. 1-2 race, and we're simply hunting for the division, or worse, a WC spot, SEA is one of the teams we'll be competing against so another loss for them will help as well. 

• Like 1