Is Matt Nagy Ruining Mitch Trubisky?

soulman

23 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Very close.

Bourbon interests me because from the little I have had and the reading I have done there are very diverse flavor profiles. Where as in my experience with the Rye Whiskeys the base is very similar with a few different notes. Kind of like scotch where the base tastes similar with different levels of earthyness and smoke depending on brand.

That's kind of funny, I had the same experience recently going from Bourbon to Scotch.  The Islay stuff we've been talking about has the malt roasted over chunks of peat, so has an incredbly smoky, earthy taste, but if you go a hundred miles away to Speyside, the taste is totally different and has more fruit, sweet, hot flavors almost like bourbon.  Adding to that, Scotch gets aged in all sorts of oddball barrels;  bourbon barrels (which can only be used once for bourbon I think) are big, but so is Sherry, and there's an expression of Scotch for pretty much everything under the sun. 

I wish the Bears played on Wednesday's now, as I don't usually dirnk during the week except for ball games or other occasions. 

57 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Bourbon is one that I would like to learn more about. It is not very common in Canada. The Rye Whiskeys are more popular.

Crown Royal Northern Harvest

If you cheer on Trubisky the rest of the season I'll mail you a bottle ;)

3 hours ago, G08 said:

If you cheer on Trubisky the rest of the season I'll mail you a bottle ;)

My advice is to buy a really special bottle, as you're probably going to have it for yourself when the season ends!  Can't see much changing Windy's mind at this point, although if I'm wrong I'll happily buy myself a bottle and that's a promise. 

• Like 2