Is Matt Nagy Ruining Mitch Trubisky?

soulman

12 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

What does Mitch do well enough that Nagy could build an offense around?

The bad read-inaccurate pass offense.

When their is a deep ball have another WR run a route 5 yards over or under Robinson's deep route so he is where the ball lands.

• Like 1

I'm not blaming one particular person for the offense's struggles this year because there is a lot of blame to go around BUT...

My problem right now mainly lies with Nagy.  He is costing the team wins by trying to keep pushing with the status quo and with what hasn't been working.  If Mitch is holding the O back then put Daniel in.  If he truly doesn't believe Mitch is the problem then he needs to figure it out and fix whatever is ailing the offense.

He was brought in to improve the offense and it makes absolutely no sense to see a regression this bad after a somewhat promising first year.

As the leader of not only the offense but the team he needs to do better job at scheming and preparing the offense regardless of whether or not Mitch is the right QB for this team.

Figure it out man.

Changes I make

-I formation becomes the base look.

-Shaheen is benched or cut and Raymond is brought up.

-Holtz is legit. In the I formation he is playing FB with Braunecker at TE. When we are in single back he is starting at TE. Only dude giving an effort as a blocker.

-Switch Daniels and Whitehair back.

-Tarik Cohen is benched other than a few specific packages and 3rd and long he can be in the backfield half the time.

-Javon Wims gets more run. Handful of passes in the game are completed to a 6'4" target and not a 5'6' or 5'8" target.

-Montgomery can rest when he is dead.

-Patterson plays special teams.

If you do those things I think you become functional. In the offseason you totally redo the TE room. Upgrade the OL. Get a serious QB.

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Changes I make

-I formation becomes the base look.

-Shaheen is benched or cut and Raymond is brought up.

-Holtz is legit. In the I formation he is playing FB with Braunecker at TE. When we are in single back he is starting at TE. Only dude giving an effort as a blocker.

-Switch Daniels and Whitehair back.

-Tarik Cohen is benched other than a few specific packages and 3rd and long he can be in the backfield half the time.

-Javon Wims gets more run. Handful of passes in the game are completed to a 6'4" target and not a 5'6' or 5'8" target.

-Montgomery can rest when he is dead.

-Patterson plays special teams.

If you do those things I think you become functional. In the offseason you totally redo the TE room. Upgrade the OL. Get a serious QB.

The only thing I would add is cut Davis and bring up Nall.  Let him play special teams and give Montgomery a rest when needed or dead lol.

11 minutes ago, GBHalas said:

The only thing I would add is cut Davis and bring up Nall.  Let him play special teams and give Montgomery a rest when needed or dead lol.

The truly Chicago move would be to find out if Senorise Perry is on a squad or not. Or Harvey Unga.

I like where your head is at, @WindyCity, but what annoys me about Nagy is he doesn't seem to know how (or want to?) build off plays with 20, 21, 22 personnel. Watch any of the 2015 Chiefs games after week 6 (just find their clips on YouTube) and you'll see a ton of those formations utilized and plays building off plays.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I like where your head is at, @WindyCity, but what annoys me about Nagy is he doesn't seem to know how (or want to?) build off plays with 20, 21, 22 personnel. Watch any of the 2015 Chiefs games after week 6 (just find their clips on YouTube) and you'll see a ton of those formations utilized and plays building off plays.

They are being killed through forcing bad personnel on the field.

Shaheen, Burton, Cohen are offering nothing to the offense.

Holtz is a damn good blocker, why does Shaheen ever play?

Just now, WindyCity said:

They are being killed through forcing bad personnel on the field.

Shaheen, Burton, Cohen are offering nothing to the offense.

Holtz is a damn good blocker, why does Shaheen ever play?

I have no idea... Shaheen is ******* terrible. Watched him on the all 22 against the Eagles... you could have done a better job on the field.

55 minutes ago, G08 said:

I have no idea... Shaheen is ******* terrible. Watched him on the all 22 against the Eagles... you could have done a better job on the field.

Nagy needs to stop hamstringing the offense playing guys Pace drafted or paid who are bad.

Cohen is having a garbage season, but he is still a huge part of the game plan. Burton looks like a corpse on the field. 

Patterson is a giant tip off to the defense.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Rich Eisen shares what 'someone in the know' thinks is happening with Trubisky

I just have such a hard time believing this. Watch the Detroit game last year, how was that gimmicky? Mitch was on point right from the start. I do think the league has caught on to tenancies that  Nagy has, but that happens to every coach.