Is Matt Nagy Ruining Mitch Trubisky?

soulman

The original article was interesting.  Nagy has been reminding me a little of Brad Childress during his tenure in Minnesota lately.  Chilly was very egotistical and thought he could make any player fit into his offense, rather than game planning to the strengths of the players.  Personalitywise, Nagy is kind of similar to Chilly, IMO. 

37 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The original article was interesting.  Nagy has been reminding me a little of Brad Childress during his tenure in Minnesota lately.  Chilly was very egotistical and thought he could make any player fit into his offense, rather than game planning to the strengths of the players.  Personalitywise, Nagy is kind of similar to Chilly, IMO. 

Ugh don't tell me that... lol

Trubisky is clearly completely rattled at this point.

Nagy needs to use these 8 games to get back to the basics and rebuild from there. I fomration [better personnel], play action, rhythm throws [hooks, slants, outs], move him a little.

I know it is not what we want, it probably is too basic for the offense to really take off, but maybe it gets him and the OL going until they can upgrade personnel.

4 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

It’s a fine line because you become more predictable as you simplify your offense and defenses start attacking because they know what you’re doing.

This is true. We do not really have the talent to just our execute or our physical other teams.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Trubisky is clearly completely rattled at this point.

Nagy needs to use these 8 games to get back to the basics and rebuild from there. I fomration [better personnel], play action, rhythm throws [hooks, slants, outs], move him a little.

I know it is not what we want, it probably is too basic for the offense to really take off, but maybe it gets him and the OL going until they can upgrade personnel.

He is rattled and the Chicago media isn't helping matters by pressing Mitch and Nagy on the QB's confidence and team's struggle and it is revealing stuff that should be held internally such as how Mitch was told to re-watch the game tape from the Saints game to analyze his body language and how it needs to be better and that he wants all the TV's in Halas Hall turned off to block out all the noise.  While there's nothing wrong with those ideas and they can be constructive, you don't say these things to the public because it shows weakness and a lack of confidence.

Whoever is in charge of PR for the Bears needs to put a halt to this circus and take a page out of the Patriots/Belichick way of doing things because right now this situation is turning into a running joke for national media.

As Hasselbeck was saying... the great teams in this league like the Patriots don't mismanage these types of situations like the Bears are doing right now.

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

He is rattled and the Chicago media isn't helping matters by pressing Mitch and Nagy on the QB's confidence and team's struggle and it is revealing stuff that should be held internally such as how Mitch was told to re-watch the game tape from the Saints game to analyze his body language and how it needs to be better and that he wants all the TV's in Halas Hall turned off to block out all the noise.  While there's nothing wrong with those ideas and they can be constructive, you don't say these things to the public because it shows weakness and a lack of confidence.

Whoever is in charge of PR for the Bears needs to put a halt to this circus and take a page out of the Patriots/Belichick way of doing things because right now this situation is turning into a running joke for national media.

As Hasselbeck was saying... the great teams in this league like the Patriots don't mismanage these types of situations like the Bears are doing right now.

He has to talk to the media.

The easier solution is to stop playing like ****.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

He has to talk to the media.

The easier solution is to stop playing like ****.

Yes that's true if he is playing well and the team is rolling none of this ever comes out... but you also shouldn't be saying these things.  Keep that stuff in house.

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Yes that's true if he is playing well and the team is rolling none of this ever comes out... but you also shouldn't be saying these things.  Keep that stuff in house.

I think Nagy and friends are slowly going to learn to just not talk to Chicago media. Not worth it... never has been.

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think Nagy and friends are slowly going to learn to just not talk to Chicago media. Not worth it... never has been.

They are among the harshest in the country. I do not doubt for a minute that they have played a role in why it has always been difficult for this team to develop a QB worth a damn.  The amount of pressure and scrutiny they put on these guys is too much sometimes.

People used to hate on John Fox and Lovie Smith because of how they interacted with the media but you know what, those guys were smart with how they dealt with that.  Belichick is the same.  You give these guys an inch and they will take advantage to create headlines and make more money.

Edited by topwop1