Is Matt Nagy Ruining Mitch Trubisky?

soulman

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

They are among the harshest in the country. I do not doubt for a minute that they have played a role in why it has always been difficult for this team to develop a QB worth a damn.  The amount of pressure and scrutiny they put on these guys is too much sometimes.

People used to hate on John Fox and Lovie Smith because of how they interacted with the media but you know what, those guys were smart with how they dealt with that.  Belichick is the same.  You give these guys an inch and they will take advantage to create headlines and make more money.

I do not think they are harsh at all. Compared to major markets like NY, Philly, Dal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I do not think they are harsh at all. Compared to major markets like NY, Philly, Dal.

They are right up there with those markets let's not kid ourselves.

And ya they are pretty relentless.  It's always been this way.  I'm not knocking these media guys for doing their job but the team should know better than to feed into their traps.

2 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Hypothetical question with Carolina said to be moving on from Cam Newton after this season...

Right now, with Cam shut down for the year, assuming he agrees to sign an extension... 

Mitch Trubisky for Cam Newton

Who says no first?

Newton scares me.

lots of money and multiple serious injuries.

• Like 1

So many Bears fans want Newton.

Anybody actually watch Newton play last 3 years?

He completely lost all accuracy and he wasn't ever super accurate outside of one year.  McCaffery was one of best players in league last year.  Take him off that team and they are beyond awful offensively.  

You aren't getting SB season Cam Newton.  That guy doesn't exist anymore.   

I'd much rather have Mariota and I am not in any way excited about him.

The Newton and Colin Kaepernick stuff is bizarre to me.  They both played really awesome at one time, but that time is past.  You might as well ask for Joe Montana, Steve Young or Brett Favre to come play.  

• Like 1

Also count me in as someone who is not on the Cam Newton to Chicago bandwagon.

I think I'd rather try to squeeze every last ounce out of Mitch before wanting Cam to lead this offense.

Cam just seems physically done. His running ability was his greatest asset and it is now his most questionable.

I want absolutely nothing to do with Cam as the next Bears QB, a lot of Bears fans on Twitter seem to want him badly but glad that good old FF is in agreement with me. The injuries have broken him, his accuracy was always bad, now it's worse and he's lost some of his agility, he doesn't provide much anymore. Plus he's a giant POS.