Is Matt Nagy Ruining Mitch Trubisky?

soulman

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Someone needs to lose this job for this mess and it needs to be more than just Mitch.

You know Harry is probably gone after this year. This OL has been historically bad at run blocking. I would say Mark Helfrich is probably also gone. I think we must be overrating the talent on this team across the board. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Brandon Marshall would have fought Trubisky on the sideline.

Not with how much Tru would have been staring him down and his unreliability to throw deep passes. With how Marshall lived on short and intermediate routes he would be looking at career years and the first playoff game in his career.

By the time it he would be fed up either he'd be old enough to drop or Tru would be replaced with a cheap option that can do the same game-managing.

12 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

You know Harry is probably gone after this year. This OL has been historically bad at run blocking. I would say Mark Helfrich is probably also gone. I think we must be overrating the talent on this team across the board. 

The thing is we have absolutely seen them perform well, so there is talent. They are just under-performing. That leads right back to coaching too. It is a damn mess.

• Like 2

One thing worth bringing into this discussion is pictures flying around the internet today...

Followed by a dabearsblog response

They're shredding the playbook down to Trubisky's level, which is imo damning about him being the guy next year.

The other massive concern however, is that THE REST of the offense, still can't run the damn offense scaled down so badly either.  OL are routinely missing blocks, WR (like Miller) are routinely running the wrong route, etc.

This season is turning into one big "yikes"

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Epyon said:

They're shredding the playbook down to Trubisky's level, which is imo damning about him being the guy next year.

They are shredding the playbook down, but still left that option play on 3rd and 1 in there? Then the coach should be fired twice. Once for having that in his scaled down playbook and twice for running the damn play on 3rd and 1.

Further... this sound like a bunch of BS. Trubisky showed well last year. Ran the offense well for a second year guy who was raw coming in. Why would you dumb it down in year 2 when he seemed to be okay in it in year 1 of the offense?

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They are shredding the playbook down, but still left that option play on 3rd and 1 in there? Then the coach should be fired twice. Once for having that in his scaled down playbook and twice for running the damn play on 3rd and 1.

Further... this sound like a bunch of BS. Trubisky showed well last year. Ran the offense well for a second year guy who was raw coming in. Why would you dumb it down in year 2 when he seemed to be okay in it in year 1 of the offense?

The playbook wasn't like this early. They added to last year and they've had to scale back.

57 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There is nothing there to work with when it comes to Mitch.

Nagy is still a mess with his plan and play calling.

For context, I watched Sunday's game and said something to wife like "I think this might actually be Mitch's best game this season". She looks up, sees the score, and checked my forehead for fever (we're all sick)

I still think I'm right though

17 hours ago, Epyon said:

One thing worth bringing into this discussion is pictures flying around the internet today...

Followed by a dabearsblog response

The other massive concern however, is that THE REST of the offense, still can't run the damn offense scaled down so badly either.  OL are routinely missing blocks, WR (like Miller) are routinely running the wrong route, etc.

This season is turning into one big "yikes"

To be fair, is that the same side of the play sheet? Different material goes on the "front" and "back". 

11 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Bears fans: "Nagy should build an offense around Mitch's strengths. He's good at running. Look at what the Ravens are doing with Lamar Jackson."

Also Bears fans: "OMG that option was the worst play call in history, how could Nagy have that in the playbook?"

The play itself isn't the problem.  The issue was that Nagy called it on a critical 3rd & 1 with a QB who apparently had a hip injury at that point in the game.  Pretty stupid call considering no?