Is Matt Nagy Ruining Mitch Trubisky?

soulman

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Nagy needs to stop hamstringing the offense playing guys Pace drafted or paid who are bad.

Cohen is having a garbage season, but he is still a huge part of the game plan. Burton looks like a corpse on the field. 

Patterson is a giant tip off to the defense.

Nagy admitted the other day that Burton is still not fully recovered from offseason surgery.  That is fine but don;t play Shaheen more now because Burton is not 100%.  We know Shaheen sucks. I'd rather Braunecker at this point.

Just now, topwop1 said:

Nagy admitted the other day that Burton is still not fully recovered from offseason surgery.  That is fine but don;t play Shaheen more now because Burton is not 100%.  We know Shaheen sucks. I'd rather Braunecker at this point.

Burton is a joke. Wasn't that surgery in like May and it's typically 4-6 weeks recovery?

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Burton is a joke. Wasn't that surgery in like May and it's typically 4-6 weeks recovery?

I'm not sure when the surgery was but what I do know that a sports hernia is a very painful injury that can take a while to fully heal and not every one heals the same from it.  

If he was healthy this offense would probably be doing a little better right now because outside of him no one is a real receiving threat at TE.

56 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We can all agree that the offense would be consistently better if these guys played less

Shaheen

Burton

Cohen

Patterson

I still think Cohen is a weapon, one of our best offensive weapons (not saying much). 

Patterson has talent but it feels like the "Devin Hester special package". 

If it was up to me, I'd focus on getting the ball to Montgomery, Robinson, Miller and Cohen. I don't care how, just figure it out. 

And for ****'s sake, if a play works RUN IT AGAIN! 

Cohen is pretty much our only speed threat in the run game and on short passes. The problem is he isn't being utilized properly. Enough of this nonsense running him up the gut. Get Cohen the ball in open space and see what he can do. Also, how about some tosses and sweeps. We need to start running plays that cater to our players strengths.

Now that our running game is showing signs of life, we should be able to utilize the play action and bootlegs which would be playing to Mitch's strengths. Mitch may not be our long term franchise QB, but we have to get as much out of him as we can to earn some wins.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I still think Cohen is a weapon, one of our best offensive weapons (not saying much). 

Patterson has talent but it feels like the "Devin Hester special package". 

If it was up to me, I'd focus on getting the ball to Montgomery, Robinson, Miller and Cohen. I don't care how, just figure it out. 

And for ****'s sake, if a play works RUN IT AGAIN! 

Cohen is having a horrible season. He is even more sideline obsessed and has 6-7 drops already this season. 

I what he can be, but we need to admit he isn’t that right now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

Cohen is pretty much our only speed threat in the run game and on short passes. The problem is he isn't being utilized properly. Enough of this nonsense running him up the gut. Get Cohen the ball in open space and see what he can do. Also, how about some tosses and sweeps. We need to start running plays that cater to our players strengths.

Now that our running game is showing signs of life, we should be able to utilize the play action and bootlegs which would be playing to Mitch's strengths. Mitch may not be our long term franchise QB, but we have to get as much out of him as we can to earn some wins.

Tosses and sweeps are TE dependent and our TEs are.....

On a side note it's interesting to see that Jordan Howard isn't having too bad of a year. Sometimes I wonder what our running game would have looked like if we didn't trade him and had a three headed monster of Montgomery, Howard, and Cohen. We could have kept him for short yardage and goal line situations and as a physical presence to wear the other team down thus making it easier for Monty to break off larger runs later in the game and keeping him fresh long term. We could have started of the year with Howard as our starting running back until Monty learned the ropes and supplant Howard toward mid-season.

Edited by BACK2MACKSACK

1 hour ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

On a side note it's interesting to see that Jordan Howard isn't having too bad of a year. Sometimes I wonder what our running game would have looked like if we didn't trade him and had a three headed monster of Montgomery, Howard, and Cohen. We could have kept him for short yardage and goal line situations and as a physical presence to wear the other team down thus making it easier for Monty to break off larger runs later in the game and keeping him fresh long term. We could have started of the year with Howard as our starting running back until Monty learned the ropes and supplant Howard toward mid-season.

I said numerous times last season that I didn't really think J.Howard was the problem as much as many plays just not being properly blocked.  Now granted, I think Monty is an upgrade for making a guy miss and definitely an upgrade catching... but the reason Howard struggled last year and why Cohen is useless this year is primarily on the blocking.

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

I said numerous times last season that I didn't really think J.Howard was the problem as much as many plays just not being properly blocked.  Now granted, I think Monty is an upgrade for making a guy miss and definitely an upgrade catching... but the reason Howard struggled last year and why Cohen is useless this year is primarily on the blocking.

I felt the same way. We could of easily spent that 3rd round pick on another OL instead Of a RB.