The TE Position

WindyCity

Agreed they are not good.   Burton is not a #1 and Shaheen doesn't belong in this league which should have been evident before he was drafted seeing as he was a division II prospect.

I will say that JP Holtz has been a nice signing mid season to help the running game out.  He looks like a guy I would keep going forward, however they need to cut bait and move on from Shaheen next offseason.

Good thing is that next year's FA class is pretty stacked at TE.  Bears should be able to find a solid compliment to Burton and Holtz.  Only reason I say Burton is because his contract makes it difficult to move on for next year otherwise I think he'd be a goner too.

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

For the fifth-highest payroll per @Jason_OTC.

FIFTH HIGHEST? Good lord...

360.gif

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed they are not good.   Burton is not a #1 and Shaheen doesn't belong in this league which should have been evident before he was drafted seeing as he was a division II prospect.

That's utterly over-reactionary. Carson Wentz automatically a terrible quarterback, then? 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

FIFTH HIGHEST? Good lord...

360.gif

That's utterly over-reactionary. Carson Wentz automatically a terrible quarterback, then? 

Maybe its overreactionary but you should get my point. 

And Wentz played in the FCS which is a subdivision of Div 1 which is better than Div II.

Shaheen was a massive reach in the 2nd round. The guy is not an NFL talent.

Burton is definitely playing injured, absolute shell of what he was last season, I'd be more confident in him next season if he stays healthy all off-season. That being said, we still need to be looking at TE as a high priority in the draft, should be picking one up on day two if we can. Shaheen is god awful and needs to not be on the roster in 2020, absolute Kellen Davis v2.0. Holtz is actually doing a decent job as a FB so I don't mind keeping him around. But we are in desperate need of a new Y Tight End.

8 hours ago, topwop1 said:

FCS vs Division II. Not the same.

You're comparing Shaheen to those legends?

No, but you said it was stupid to draft him since he was s D2 prospect. That's ridiculous and has no bearing on NFL success. I hated Shaheen since last year when everyone continued to tell me how he still had talent and athleticism and I was giving up on him too early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

No, but you said it was stupid to draft him since he was s D2 prospect. That's ridiculous and has no bearing on NFL success. I hated Shaheen since last year when everyone continued to tell me how he still had talent and athleticism and I was giving up on him too early.

Well what I meant was it was stupid to draft a division 2 prospect as high as they did Shaheen.  

Name some div 2 prospects that got drafted around the first 2 rounds and went on to have good to great NFL careers.  I'll wait.

6 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Burton is definitely playing injured, absolute shell of what he was last season, I'd be more confident in him next season if he stays healthy all off-season. That being said, we still need to be looking at TE as a high priority in the draft, should be picking one up on day two if we can. Shaheen is god awful and needs to not be on the roster in 2020, absolute Kellen Davis v2.0. Holtz is actually doing a decent job as a FB so I don't mind keeping him around. But we are in desperate need of a new Y Tight End.

The draft looks a little weak at TE this year but the good news is that it is a strong veteran FA class.  This should be a high priority once FA starts.

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Well what I meant was it was stupid to draft a division 2 prospect as high as they did Shaheen.  

Name some div 2 prospects that got drafted around the first 2 rounds and went on to have good to great NFL careers.  I'll wait.

#firepace

You are only missing one thing from the above post.