The TE Position

WindyCity

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You are only missing one thing from the above post.

LOL well Pace has already started to dig his own grave so let's see if he has the cojones to get himself out of this mess.  Will be very interesting to see how things play out over the next few months.

My guess is that Bears end up finishing off 2019 respectably enough while falling short of the playoffs and they chalk it up as a down year/sophomore slump type of situation for the coaching staff, players, etc. and they sell everyone on the idea that next year will be much improved.

Barring an Emery/Trestman type of collapse the rest of this season I still think Pace gets at least 1 more year with Nagy in 2020 to right the ship.  Whether or not that is the right call remains to be seen but I certainly understand the rationale behind wanting to fire him right now.

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They should cut Shaheen and bring up Raymond or Horsted.

He is literally hurting them on the field.

Use the remaining games to get a look at any player with even the slightest chance at helping your team in the future.

The list of players the Bears need to replace is growing and their resources are limited. They’re going to need to find some diamonds in the rough.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Jahri Evans, Greg Zuerlein, Tyreek Hill and Malcolm Butler all have good or had good careers. Does it matter what round they went in? All of them except Zuerlein would've went round 1 or 2 in a redraft

In a re-draft sure but aren't you one to not talk about what if's and hypotheticals?  In a re-draft we would take Pat Mahomes over Mitch.

Sorry that I worded it wrong or sounds like I'm backpedaling.  I'm not saying all Div 2 players are worth a crap but you just proved the point that they could have probably drafted Shaheen in 4th round or later and not wasted a high draft resource on him when it is known that the odds of hitting on a player from those div 2 schools is much lower.

You named the exceptions and who were all great value picks for where they were taken.  Shaheen was a terrible pick and poor value from the get go.

6 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

With Miami in full rebuild mode, I wonder if you could trade a 2021 4th or 5th for Mike Gesicki. Hell, include Shaheen in the deal.

6 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

With Mark Andrews seemingly emerging, and the Ravens having committed a decent salary to Nick Boyle, Hayden Hurst is another player I might make a phone call on.

I'm not trading any picks going forward, the Bears need those.

• Like 1

Fixing the TE spot,

-Release Adam Shaheen, totally worthless.

-Release/IR Sowell

-IR what is left of Burton

-Continue to play Braunk and Holtz

-Call Up Raymond and Horsted and give them reps.

-If you depseratly need a veteran to run Burtons routes give some to Wims. He 

5 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Burton has something like $7.5m dead cap hit next season if we cut him, he's not going anywhere. Braunecker has flashed little bits in the passing game in his time, keep his reps on the up the rest of the season.

Yep. That's a damned shame too. I cut Shaheen and look to upgrade at TE in FA for the draft. Sucks we are wasting serious money and draft capital on the position.