Thanksgiving is AWESOME

Shanedorf

On 11/6/2019 at 12:54 PM, animaltested said:

Wild Rice based stuffing > The Other stuffing garbage

Only philistines dislike cranberry sauce

White Meat > Dark Meat since its pairs better with Cranberry Sauce + Gravy

Blackberry Pie should be the staple fall pie NOT Pumpkin

It's just funny how people have such different tastes.

love regular stuffing, especially oyster stuffing. I don't think I have ever had wild rice based, but wouldn't be opposed to it

don't' really dig cranberry sauce

Dark meat for sure

well.. pumpkin pie is disgusting, so blackberry works 

Pumpkin pie is bad. so many better options.

turkey is overrated, ham is pretty good when it's not overcooked (it usually is), so prime rib for thanksgiving is the one you want.

mountains of root vegetables is good. some mashed, some squashed, some chopped, some pureed.

brussel sprouts, done right, are a top 3 dish.

don't forget a mountain of pastries for breakfast to stretch your stomach for the main course later.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

Pumpkin pie is bad. so many better options.

turkey is overrated, ham is pretty good when it's not overcooked (it usually is), so prime rib for thanksgiving is the one you want.

mountains of root vegetables is good. some mashed, some squashed, some chopped, some pureed.

brussel sprouts, done right, are a top 3 dish.

don't forget a mountain of pastries for breakfast to stretch your stomach for the main course later.

1. Pumpkin pie is delicious.  Do yall not like pumpkin, or do you not like custard?

2. Turkey is hard to do right because you'll overcook the breast by the time the legs are done, but when done right it's delicious.  I don't see how you overcook ham, unless you're doing fake ham, in which case, why?  But ham is a Christmas dinner as far as I'm concerned.

3. Hell yes to all the root vegetables.

4. Heller yes to any form of brussels sprouts.  Best vegetable.

5. If you're eating breakfast on Thanksgiving, you're doing it wrong.

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Turkey is hard to do right because you'll overcook the breast by the time the legs are done

Always use the oven bag on big birds, keeps all the moisture and flavor inside.
Then cut the bag open to brown it at the end of the cooking session or throw it on the grill

GUEST_a063c1ab-1876-4050-a701-9805e6b7a7

For this year. Im just getting 2 full turkey breast and smoking one, frying the other. Doing that because what I love most is making Turkey Noodle Soup with the leftover. And the dark doesnt work well in the soup. Adds like a slight greasy taste. Which with potatoes and stuffing is fine, but my goal is getting that soup.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

5. If you're eating breakfast on Thanksgiving, you're doing it wrong.

Breakfast is a total no go. Thanksgiving dinner is meant to be eaten around 12:00-1:00 so you have time to digest and have a second round later. No time for breakfast.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

For this year. Im just getting 2 full turkey breast and smoking one, frying the other. Doing that because what I love most is making Turkey Noodle Soup with the leftover. And the dark doesnt work well in the soup. Adds like a slight greasy taste. Which with potatoes and stuffing is fine, but my goal is getting that soup.

For the record, those are probably the two best ways to cook a turkey breast.

• Like 2