Thanksgiving is AWESOME

Shanedorf

3 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Stop opening stores on Thanksgiving so people can enjoy times with their families just like anyone else. If I told you your office (unless you're like a doctor or something) has to be open on Thanksgiving Day and you have to work so you don't get to enjoy this holiday with your family, you would have the same attitude.

I work part time at Best Buy, and one of the biggest annoyances to me is the fact that they call us in as early as like 1 PM to come to work for some idiots who decided they need to wait for a cheap and crappy TV.

Granted, I can work from home so it's not the same, but the "oh yeah feel free to turn on [moronic news network], I need to go check e-mail" is a gift from god.

It's like the sick baby excuse except it gives you money every few weeks instead of taking it all away.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Granted, I can work from home so it's not the same, but the "oh yeah feel free to turn on [moronic news network], I need to go check e-mail" is a gift from god.

It's like the sick baby excuse except it gives you money every few weeks instead of taking it all away.

I do this job part time because I want some additional finances for my wedding and homebuying. The fact that places are opening at 5 PM, peak dinner time, to me is ridiculous and honestly every shopper should be ashamed of themselves. People talk about getting into the holiday spirit, but then they go around and treat their local retail worker like crap because they were not early enough to get a ticket for the doorbusters.

2 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I do this job part time because I want some additional finances for my wedding and homebuying. The fact that places are opening at 5 PM, peak dinner time, to me is ridiculous and honestly every shopper should be ashamed of themselves. People talk about getting into the holiday spirit, but then they go around and treat their local retail worker like crap because they were not early enough to get a ticket for the doorbusters.

Yeah there's a huge difference having to physically leave at peak dinner time between being able to just leave my family when they get annoying.

On 14/11/2019 at 1:19 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

Stop opening stores on Thanksgiving so people can enjoy times with their families just like anyone else. If I told you your office (unless you're like a doctor or something) has to be open on Thanksgiving Day and you have to work so you don't get to enjoy this holiday with your family, you would have the same attitude.

I work part time at Best Buy, and one of the biggest annoyances to me is the fact that they call us in as early as like 1 PM to come to work for some idiots who decided they need to wait for a cheap and crappy TV.

1 PM or 1 AM?  Either way i'm kinda confused if people are coming in at 1PM, that's like a full day early but AM is like the middle of the night too.  Is that a thing?

On 14/11/2019 at 1:33 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

Like now i feel bad, because i often partake in boxing day festivities.  Not like door-crasher crazy, but just like wander around with family in the afternoon and get a few percent off stuff usually sort of thing.  But i've also worked temp boxing day before way back in the day, and didn't have to roll in until like 7am.

Different holiday though.  Black Friday has always made no sense to me in general.  Other than maybe nabbing Christmas gifts for cheaper i guess.  Boxing Day is the superior holiday, where everyone just has a big *** sale the day after Christmas on all the stuff that didn't sell...and you can rush in and get whatever you didn't get as a present yesterday, that you wanted.

Just now, Tugboat said:

1 PM or 1 AM?  Either way i'm kinda confused if people are coming in at 1PM, that's like a full day early but AM is like the middle of the night too.  Is that a thing?

1 PM is when some of our staff is coming this year to do picks for the day. Store opens at 5 PM until 1 AM

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

So that's 5PM on the Thursday it opens?  That's messed up.

You should Unionize imo.

It's Best Buy, it won't happen. They'd cut that right away. I do get a little hope every year. Thankfully I'm only there this year for some extra cash but it was the worst when it was my full time job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

It's Best Buy, it won't happen. They'd cut that right away. I do get a little hope every year. Thankfully I'm only there this year for some extra cash but it was the worst when it was my full time job.

Must keep the faith.  Carry the torch that will burn this whole thing down imo.

6 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Edit*** What that Tugboat guy said above ***Edit.

Edited by Tugboat

On 11/7/2019 at 6:52 PM, Dome said:

Wake up

Eat mountain of pastries

Go to couch while stomach stretches, probably fall back asleep.

When the pain stops and/or you wake up, it's probably time for first dinner, and you'll enjoy it more now that you gave your stomach the proper amount of foreplay. 

What if it never stops?

• Like 1