REBUILDING THE LIONS IN 2020

Karnage84

9 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

90% sure I put "per year" beside each figure. I'm not getting into signing bonuses and guaranteed money at this point. 

Any thoughts, positive or negative on this direction of the Lions?

My main focus was on updating the defense and filling some of the holes that I expect are causing us to not effectively run the ball. We are going to live and die with Stafford but a veteran back-up who is familiar with scheme is not a bad idea. Geno Smith isn't going to be the team's savoiour but most back-ups are in that position for a reason. If the Lions are playing Geno, they're likely on their way to finding their QBOTF anyway. The Lions should also continue to carry Driskel and develop him. He didn't do too bad against the Cowboys and he has some tools to work with. I expect that if the Lions were to bottom out like we did this year, Quinn and Patricia (although I'd bet on Patricia before Quinn) would be fired and Stafford to be traded. Marvin is also a guy that we could look to move on from in 2020 if things go south. 

McKissic and Hall are great pick ups for the offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to bring Fulgham into the mix and develop him. Our red zone offense is still an issue so adding a big guy like Collin Johnson should help eventually.