28 of 42 Bucs draft picks since 2014 have played a snap this year - 10th highest percentage in the league

bucsfan333

I actually made a post about this but didn't get much traction I guess..  I was too lazy to write out all the info but posted the links ..   Still in the NFL %: 79% (27/34)  from Jason Licht's tenure.  Which is pretty good iirc.

Those links have a **** ton of great info regarding his picks..   Best pick, worst pick,  how many of each position group etc...  https://wholeninesports.com/2019/03/20/jason-licht-buccaneers-draft-history/

Edited by sryan66611
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, indifference said:

Does not mean much if they werent any good. Guys like Aguayo, MJ Stewart, Justin Evans, Vernon Hargraves, Noah Spence, Kendall Beckwith, ASJ, and Sims will be off the roster in 2020. Beck was actually solid but the rest are waste.

I mean. You're lucky to get two starters out of any draft. It's a total crapshoot.

2/3 of anybody's draft picks still playing in the NFL after a few years is pretty good.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I mean. You're lucky to get two starters out of any draft. It's a total crapshoot.

2/3 of anybody's draft picks still playing in the NFL after a few years is pretty good.

Licht has been horrible. Being a starter means nothing to me if you suck. Winston has become a huge disappointment on top of his other draft duds. Not to mention we have been picking in the top 10 of the draft since he been here. Meaning we had the best draft spots and blew it.

Edited by indifference

3 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I think a lot of people have unrealistic expectations of the draft.  Go check out some of the top gms draft history.  

Derrick Brooks and Warren Sapp are both HoFers drafted by the same team in the same year. It's the only time that's ever happened.

The draft is a crapshoot of projections. And EVERYONE is wrong far more than they're right.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Like I'm pretty sure even first round picks bust like 40% of the time. So 13 (on average) first round picks every year bust. And that number climbs quite a bit every subsequent round.

Yep so much goes into the draft...     Like the two top drafters for the past 4-5 years IMO have been Mickey Loomis (Saints) and Jerry Jones/Stephen jones or whoever the **** drafts for the Cowboys.   

But you have to take into account that they didn't have to look for a QB.   Cowboys didn't because they had Romo and then Dak fell into their lap in the 4th round.    Bill Belichick  IMO is a very average drafter but he has the leeway and confidence from the owners that he can do whatever he wants and take some major risks/chances on his drafts.  His drafts have been pretty meh too.   He drafts O-Line well but that is also the most drafted position from him.  

David Caldwell of the Jags recently has drafted really well though and 2019 is looking to shape up good too so far.  He hit it out the park with 2016 draft first three picks Jalen Ramsey, Myles Jack, and Yannick Ngaouke.

Some guys like John Schneider hit it out the park in one or two drafts and get some unbelievable talent but that is like a once in a lifetime draft.  2010 Russel Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, and Kam Chancellor and then 2012 Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, and Rusell Wilson.    Now that is unheard of though and like the Bucs when they got two HOFer's in one draft that is looking very possible with the 2012 draft Rusell Wilson and Bobby Wagner.  I just feel that if you really delve into the picks and history of GMs that are lauded as great drafters aren't really what you were expecting. 

Jason Licht got in 2015  Jameis, Donovan Smith, Ali Marpet, Kwon Alexander in one draft.   That's a pretty damn good draft to get four starters (possibly three starters) lol. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I just feel that if you really delve into the picks and history of GMs that are lauded as great drafters aren't really what you were expecting. 

Perceptions also play a part in it. We got dragged for drafting Gay because of the Aguayo debacle.

The Pats traded up behind us to take a punter. Nobody cared. They win. They can do whatever they want.

• Like 1