28 of 42 Bucs draft picks since 2014 have played a snap this year - 10th highest percentage in the league

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Perceptions also play a part in it. We got dragged for drafting Gay because of the Aguayo debacle.

The Pats traded up behind us to take a punter. Nobody cared. They win. They can do whatever they want.

They should have drafted a kicker xD

• Like 1

I think the great unknown is how much authority Licht has to construct the team.   No doubt, BA is shopping for thw groceries and Licht is his gopher.  Was it the same relationship under Koetter, who knows?  We all know what is coming at the end of the year on defense.  Complete retooling at the hand of BA, not Licht.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sryan66611 said:

I think a lot of people have unrealistic expectations of the draft.  Go check out some of the top gms draft history.  

I want you to realize the reason why this team is terrible and under Licht have been bad is because of his draft decisions.

Our secondary is trash is because his coaching staff picked these guys. The Top GMs do not have a clean draft track record, however, they make up for it in other ways. Such as great FA moves and good GMs invest into the trenches. Cowboys, Titans, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, ravens, chiefs, and colts get it. You win having good OL/DL play not because you have “weapons” for Winston. 

Look at our salary cap/draft pick allocation and its just spews horrible philosophy.

33 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We have one of the highest paid offensive lines in the NFL.

Three of our starters were drafted by Licht. Jensen was a Licht signing.

2/3 of them are overpaid for not playing to standard. Jensen was awful last year, this year he has been excellent in pass pro and okay in run. We have one of the highest paid units yet they arent as good as the Cowboys/Titans. Do you see the issue??

26 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Also spent a first round pick on a DT over the safety almost every Bucs fan on the planet wanted.

We just gave Suh $10M. 

I commend Licht for that pick. Vea is very good and Suh got $10M this year. Gerald McCoy has outplayed Suh. In other words Suh isnt playing worth his money either. 

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Traded for JPP when nobody on the planet knew he was even available. 

Was the only guy to even give Barrett an offer. Apparently Cinci rescinded theirs due to concerns about his shoulder.

Picked up Nassib on waivers.

I don t doubt more talent is needed on the defense.  There was a comment earlier maybe Mike Smith wasn t the issue.  I ll let the rest of the league answer, and it was a resounding yes.  Why?  Only Buckner got a job from the defense on another staff.  

They got burned this year by having the youngest secondary in the league.  Hope thru experience they get better.

3 minutes ago, indifference said:

2/3 of them are overpaid for not playing to standard. Jensen was awful last year, this year he has been excellent in pass pro and okay in run. We have one of the highest paid units yet they arent as good as the Cowboys/Titans. Do you see the issue??

So 4th highest scoring team in the league and the oline gets no credit?

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Traded for JPP when nobody on the planet knew he was even available. 

Was the only guy to even give Barrett an offer. Apparently Cinci rescinded theirs due to concerns about his shoulder.

Picked up Nassib on waivers.

Barrett was a steal. JPP is not as good you think. He had 10 sacks last year but his pass rush grade was bad. Meaning he was feast or famine. His pressure rate was amongst the lowest in the league. Nassib is solid rotational guy.

im glad we have those guys but moving forward JPP probably not on the team next year. His cap # was not worth the ROI. unless he comes to a bucs team on a paycut?

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So 4th highest scoring team in the league and the oline gets no credit?

I gave Cappa Jensen and Marpet credit. Im not giving credit to our $13 million a year LT who constantly gets beat and causes our qb to fumble in crucial situations. Also, he grades as a BOTTOM tier LT in the league. HELL no he aint gets no credit bc Marpet makes his job easier and he still not even average! Dotty is 34 and on his last leg so Im not even on his case. Dot is playing better than Smith right now.

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Marpet, Jensen, and even D Smith are playing good football. Marpet and Jensen are among the best at their positions so far this season.

Cappa has his ups and downs. But he's been solid. He just played over a half of football with a broken arm and nobody even knew.

Dot is done. But we all knew that. BA called him out before the season even started.

7 minutes ago, indifference said:

I commend Licht for that pick. Vea is very good and Suh got $10M this year. Gerald McCoy has outplayed Suh. In other words Suh isnt playing worth his money either. 

McCoy and Suh play different positions. Suh does what he's supposed to do and he does it well.