Whitehair back to C?

beardown3231

4 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

I don’t see how it’s an overreaction. The OL has been down right dreadful this season and after long went down Daniels has been the worst of the bunch. 

Agreed. Daniels is good talent but he is still a young player with a lot to learn about calling NFL protections.  The line simply played better as a whole with Cody under center last season minus his occasional bad snaps. 

You have to wonder who's idea it was to make this switch in the first place...Hiestand?  I mean why try to fix something that isn't broken? 

Mitch seemed to have a good rapport with Whitehair from the past 2 years.  Having a reliable center who can help with the line protection calls is critical.  

Daniels is a young guy and still has a lot of room to grow before having him take on that responsibility. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

You have to wonder who's idea it was to make this switch in the first place...Hiestand?  I mean why try to fix something that isn't broken? 

Mitch seemed to have a good rapport with Whitehair from the past 2 years.  Having a reliable center who can help with the line protection calls is critical.  

Daniels is a young guy and still has a lot of room to grow before having him take on that responsibility. 

I think it stemmed from the idea that Whitehair, having played some tackle in college, made for the more natural guard, while Daniels, who could technically play guard, was the more natural center, being that he played there in college.

Any chance the Bears audition Coward or Bars at C this offseason? Or could we sign one? Maybe Daniels moves to RG long term if he can't captain the line, and if Whitehair can't snap the ball.

On 11/7/2019 at 11:05 AM, chisoxguy7 said:

I wish we would have tried being sellers at the deadline. Another nail in Pace's coffin. Teams were looking for help at OT. Get out from Leno's salary and take a 5th or 6th round pick.

We'd still be stuck with about $7mil from his signing bonus next year I believe, so saving only $3 mil next year. 

If possible I'd take an even lower pick if they can take over the guarantees too. Idk if that can be done through contract language but I'd sell like a mofo.