Biggest FA bust so far

BZski

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

A) Cleveland has not shown an ability to accumulate draft picks, and B) it’s much harder to nail the picks than it is to get the ammo

We just fundamentally disagree then I just don't see it as difficult to hit on a top 5 draft picks in a loaded 2018 draft. His only previous track record top 5 pick  Garrett is just viewed as getting lucky and hitting pay dirt lol according to you. Do you see anything wrong with your contradiction?

He would of nailed no brainer top 5 picks outside of that your opinion is at least warranted doesn't make it right or me right.

Also they've been top percentile in accumulating draft picks since the Wentz trade also a wrong fact by you. Whether a large percent of them deserved second contracts is your only play.

Edited by thebestever6

27 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

We just fundamentally disagree then I just don't see it as difficult to hit on a top 5 draft picks in a loaded 2018 draft. His only previous track record top 5 pick  Garrett is just viewed as getting lucky and hitting pay dirt lol according to you. Do you see anything wrong with your contradiction?

Do you not see that I’m looking at the first picks in the draft? Sashi had a ton of picks in a couple of drafts and only Garrett, Ogunjobi, and Njoku to show for it.

Chubb, Callaway, Wilson, Greedy - Dorsey actually gets results beyond round 1. And even if you wanted to key on the first round, Sashi hit on a no-brainer (which Baker wasn’t, btw) and then dropped the ball on the rest. Granted, I wouldn’t call Peppers or Njoku straight up busts like Coleman, but they haven’t lived up to their hype thus far.

He would of nailed no brainer top 5 picks outside of that your opinion is at least warranted doesn't make it right or me right.

What’re you basing that opinion on? Elite GMs don’t even hit that much. Sashi went 1-27. He’s garbage.

Also they've been top percentile in accumulating draft picks since the Wentz trade also a wrong fact by you. Whether a large percent of them deserved second contracts is your only play.

Huh? Are you saying the Browns haven’t always had no issue accumulating picks?

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

What’re you basing that opinion on? Elite GMs don’t even hit that much. Sashi went 1-27. He’s garbage

The landscape of the rest of the draft (2018) I truly don't see a huge drop off from Baker to Darnold or Allen if they have a great oline and team around him.

The two top 5 picks would of had some form of success lol more likely than not.

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Do you not see that I’m looking at the first picks in the draft? Sashi had a ton of picks in a couple of drafts and only Garrett, Ogunjobi, and Njoku to show for it.

I completely see that lol and I'm doing you one better I'm focusing on top 5 selections which Sashi had two of due to bending Houston over in a trade the year be.  But you exclude that when accumulating draft picks.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

What’re you basing that opinion on? Elite GMs don’t even hit that much. Sashi went 1-27. He’s garbage.

Hue Jackson was Garbage lol I would of loved to have seen Sashi hire a head coach guarantee hed likely due better than Kitchens. I would of hired Mike McCarthy but John Dorsey going to John Dorsey.

5 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

The landscape of the rest of the draft (2018) I truly don't see a huge drop off from Baker to Darnold or Allen if they have a great oline and team around him.

The two top 5 picks would of had some form of success lol more likely than not.

I mean, I guess we could surmise that? But it’s not a given. Baker had the best season for a rookie last year, without a great WR corps or great offensive line. Baker’s success wasn’t a given, not like Garrett’s was.

I completely see that lol and I'm doing you one better I'm focusing on top 5 selections which Sashi had two of due to bending Houston over in a trade the year be.  But you exclude that when accumulating draft picks.

A) How is that “doing one better”? I’m looking at full drafts instead of just top 5 picks. 

B) They passed on a franchise QB in Watson...and Houston was going from a pick in the 20s all the way to the top 12 - that’s not “bending over Houston”. With full hindsight, the Browns absolutely should have just picked Watson.

C) Two of those top 5 picks were from having by far the worst record of any GM/VP ever. That’s not a good thing, nor is that something to credit Dorsey for.

Hue Jackson was Garbage lol I would of loved to have seen Sashi hire a head coach guarantee hed likely due better than Kitchens. I would of hired Mike McCarthy but John Dorsey going to John Dorsey.

Again, “likely” but no proof. Sashi hired Hue and is responsible for said hire, same way Dorsey is with Freddie. Easy to say a coach would do better when Kitchens has two wins this year, but you’re pretty much just assuming Sashi makes every move right (Barkley, Nelson, Jackson in the FR last year). 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

B) They passed on a franchise QB in Watson...and Houston was going from a pick in the 20s all the way to the top 12 - that’s not “bending over Houston”. With full hindsight, the Browns absolutely should have just picked Watson.

I'd take the 4th pick in the draft and the trade down pick all day over Watson. And that's knowing Watson has a MJ like skill set.

21 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

...so, you'd take Denzel Ward and Jabril Peppers over Deshaun Watson? 

That's pretty bold. Not sure I'd qualify that as "bending over" but... do you.

15 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I'd take the 4th pick in the draft and the trade down pick all day over Watson. And that's knowing Watson has a MJ like skill set.

...do you, I guess. 

For the record, this is how GMs get fired. Trying to get too cute and passing on MJ like players, because MJ like players don't come around that often. 

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

...so, you'd take Denzel Ward and Jabril Peppers over Deshaun Watson? 

That's pretty bold. Not sure I'd qualify that as "bending over" but... do you.

Those picks didn't have to be spent on those players. 

I stand by my statement all day every  day. Watson is Generational; but judging by the roster at the time of the trade up, and every move made since they weren't ready for an MJ.

Not having a first from 2018 until 2022 with the exce of 2019 is going to kill them. Especially, with Watts Career looking more and more done due to injury. 

Steve McNair was the ultimate competitor similar to Watson competitively. That peak Titans team was only good enough for 1 yard short, and an AFC title game.

Due to poor gm moves I see a similar fate to Watson and that's being generous . The whole will always be greater than the some of the parts. There's maybe one or 2 players in this league right now I'd take over Watson with the game in his hands in a 2 minute drill.

Edited by thebestever6

@ET80 

I was banging the table to Denver to Get Lamar Jackson in 2018.

So if I was a gm I would have taken a different guy than peppers, or heck leave that be.

Let's also not forget the Texans number 4 pick because of Watsons injury was high.

I would of taken that Buffalo style trade down(offered to Denver at pick 5) of two firsts and two seconds. And selected the tackle the raiders got, Vita Vea , or Will Hernandez.  I then would of picked Lamar at 22 while still having two extra seconds.

So yes that haulll is more valuable than MJ.