Biggest FA bust so far

BZski

35 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Dudddeee are you kidding me??? A blind baby could of done what John Dorsey has done. Sashi Brown aquired draft assets, and capdollars, kept an inbred head coach from trading a second for AJ freaking Mccarons, and what did they do they cannned his a**. 

That's why Cleveland is a fail of an organization so far since their resurgence in 1999.

If you cut off Michelangelo's hands half way through painting the sistine chapel how good of a painter would he have been?

Yeah and what did he do with all of those draft picks, lol.

From 2013-2017, he’s had like 3 legitimate hits.

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Sashi couldn’t draft either. He lucked into Myles Garrett being a no brainer.

He had 14 picks in 2016. Only 2 are still on the roster. Both are upcoming free agents.

Such a myth in my opinion you're telling me in 2018 he couldn't of drafted Nick Chubb with the pick he got from Brock, or selected Baker, or Drafted Denzel Ward at 4.

It was an unfinished rebuild you're too much discrediting Sashi, but you're a Browns fan so you'd know somewhat better than I.

Edited by thebestever6

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah and what did he do with all of those draft picks, lol.

From 2013-2017, he’s had like 3 legitimate hits.

He got the Browns like two top 5 picks in 2018 and the Brock pick that turned into Nick Chubb, Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward.

This argument is soooooooo weakkkkkkk. Like I said you cut off an artist's hands half way through a work of art he's gonna get discredited. 

What's Dorsey done use what Sashi built and traded some valuable pieces for a wr who has a peak of like 4 years maximum when a loaded draft class is coming up?

Edited by thebestever6

24 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

He got the Browns like two top 5 picks in 2018 and the Brock pick that turned into Nick Chubb, Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward.

This argument is soooooooo weakkkkkkk. Like I said you cut off an artist's hands half way through a work of art he's gonna get discredited. 

What's Dorsey done use what Sashi built and traded some valuable pieces for a wr who has a peak of like 4 years maximum when a loaded draft class is coming up?

Okay, so Sashi Brown did a good job of acquiring assets. He completely failed, however, at actually using them.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Such a myth in my opinion you're telling me in 2018 he couldn't of drafted Nick Chubb with the pick he got from Brock, or selected Baker, or Drafted Denzel Ward at 4.

It was an unfinished rebuild you're too much discrediting Sashi, but you're a Browns fan so you'd know somewhat better than I.

Nick Chubb was a Scot McCloughan pick. For the rest of what you said, no. I don’t have any confidence Sashi would have picked those guys.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Nick Chubb was a Scot McCloughan pick. For the rest of what you said, no. I don’t have any confidence Sashi would have picked those guys.

-Sashi still ate the Brock contract to get that pick.

- Sam Darnold or Josh Allen would of been nice adequate consolation prizes if he went Saquoun at 1.

I personally don't believe it takes a rocket science to hit on top 5 selections in the 2018 draft. But... I respect your opinion. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Sashi couldn’t draft either. He lucked into Myles Garrett being a no brainer.

He had 14 picks in 2016. Only 2 are still on the roster. Both are upcoming free agents.

Holy crap, didn't know it was that bad. That's like Baalke-level GM drafting. 

1 minute ago, FinSting said:

Joe Schoebert will be extended. However, I can see Rashard Higgins leaving. Making it 1/14.

It wasn’t even like they were 7th round picks. He had 11 picks in rounds 3-5.

Edited by candyman93

4 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Was the 2016 draft thatttt good overall? Bc The Broncos Sh** the bed there to as well as 2013 and 2015,2017 but the return seemed dry across the league.

Edited by thebestever6

Sashi Browns biggest mistake which I don't personally think is a fireable offense based on the trajectory of turning that ship around was going Cody Kessler over Dak Prescott. 

And Hue Jackson was from USC as well as Kessler an has a history of having a hard on for USC guys see Palmer in Oakland. Don't even know if that was his call.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Bringing up his track record is a weak argument?  Brown had a subpar draft record and worst-of-all-time W/L. This isn’t like the Sixers or Colts that were blatantly tanking. His Browns teams were just bad. They got worse with Brown at the helm. 

You also can’t credit Sashi with Baker, Ward, Chubb, or the like. He didn’t draft them, Dorsey did. You could do the whole “I guarantee he would’ve done this or that” but at the end of the day he didn’t do it and you can’t prove a negative. 

Dorsey has revamped the WR group, found a franchise QB, revamped the backfield, and built a better secondary. Brown drafted two quality defensive linemen on 20+ picks. It’s no comparison. Dorsey needs to show that he can bring in a good coach and re-tool the offensive line - he’s not perfect - but Brown wasn’t the solution at all. There’s really no evidence to show that he was, other than the fact that he accumulated a bunch of draft picks (which Cleveland has been doing since 2012).

20 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You also can’t credit Sashi with Baker, Ward, Chubb, or the like. He didn’t draft them, Dorsey did. You could do the whole “I guarantee he would’ve done this or that” but at the end of the day he didn’t do it and you can’t prove a negative. 

So Dorsey goes Shopping with all the capital Sashi got for him which was easy shopping (top5) 2018 and Sashi deserves less of the credit. I'd love to hear your logic with that. 

I think like Sashi a little an in my opinion and my guts opinion I think he would have went Saquoun, Nelson, and traded up a couple of slots for Lamar Jackson.... but the Browns owner who also got convinced to draft Johnny Manziel by a homeless guy had other plans. We've seen how his plans usually turn up historically. 

What top 5 selections did Sashi miss out on?

Edited by thebestever6

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

So Dorsey goes Shopping with all the capital Sashi got for him which was easy shopping (top5) 2018 and Sashi deserves less of the credit. I'd love to hear your logic with that. 

I think like Sashi a little an in my opinion and my guts opinion I think he would have went Saquoun, Nelson, and traded up a couple of slots for Lamar Jackson.... but the Browns owner who also got convinced to draft Johnny Manziel by a homeless guy had other plans. We've seen how his plans usually turn up historically. 

What top 5 selections did Sashi miss out on?

Yes, Dorsey deserves credit for picking the players with the picks he was allotted. Brown deserves some credit for attaining the picks, but A) Cleveland has not shown an ability to accumulate draft picks, and B) it’s much harder to nail the picks than it is to get the ammo. 

That’s cool to think that he would’ve drafted three home runs. I think he wouldn’t have. We have the same amount of evidence, except I can at least look at a mediocre track record to lean on. 

Sashi nailed the no-brainer #1 overall pick. Aside from that, he’s missed. A lot. Ogunjobi is his other notable hit, while Njoku still needs to live up to his hype. Hitting on Garrett doesn’t absolve him from the rest, along with absolutely an absolutely atrocious record to boot.