Do Matt Moore and Alex Smith take away from Mahomes success?

patriotsheatyan

Just shows how great of an offensive mind Andy Reid really is. But make no mistake, with Mahomes they are legitimately an all time great offense. Without him? They are very good but a clear drop off.

Same thing happened when Cassel took over the following year after Brady and the crew went 16-0 and had the greatest offense of all time up until that point. 

• Like 1

Gretzky was the greatest hockey player 

The Oilers won the cup 2 years after he left.

He is still the greatest hockey player.

The Matt Cassel fallacy is for trolls with limited IQs. 

Teddy can play well while Brees is still a top 10 (probably top 5) all-time QB.

Edited by SkippyX

22 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

As a Chiefs fan, I'd agree. But I'll also add, if Mahomes wasn't as talented as he is, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Matt Moore, after four games, would project to a 2,637yds and 16 TD season.

In Alex's MVP like 2017 season, he put up 4,042yds and 26 TD.

In Mahomes actual MVP season it was 5,000+yds and 50 TD. Just a small difference between him and the other two.

Moore has only really played 3 games. Doesn't change the point, but it's actually closer to about 3500 yards and 21 TDs. He threw one pass in Jacksonville. Doesn't really count.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Moore has only really played 3 games. Doesn't change the point, but it's actually closer to about 3500 yards and 21 TDs. He threw one pass in Jacksonville. Doesn't really count.

Whoops. Not sure where I read the 4 game stat. Guess that's what I get for not double checking.

But you're right. He'd project to have 3,514ds and 21TD. Still below Pat and Alex, although he didn't play the full Broncos game so it's possible those numbers are a touch low.

No. And it shouldnt either. Good for Alex and Matt Moore for playing well but do people forget Matr Moore played well as a backup in Miami too?

Alex Smith did well in SF and initially in Washington. So it's not like these guys are some scuba. Mahomes is the best QB in the league imo. Yep, I said it. Just because his backup is prepared to play when he needs to be doesnt change that.

On 11/7/2019 at 8:12 AM, ET80 said:

No... goodness, no. 

If you don't see the difference in what Mahomes brings to the table vs Smith and Moore brought to the table, you're box score scouting at best.

No one is saying Mahomes is not better than them.  This thread is about whether his greatness has been aided by that system.  To me its obvious given how successful Kansas City has been when he's not in the lineup.  

Same could be said for Drew Brees and Tom Brady.  This is no diss.  Just an acknowledgement that they play for great coaches with great systems that help them be great.