Games Balls and Doug Frees: Giants at Dallas

HDsportsfan

Game Balls:

The defense - The unit played well. Multiple sacks, we shut down the Giants' passing game for most of the game, they couldn't run the ball, and Eli was under pressure and being beaten up all night.

The coaching staff - We played the right kind of game. The gameplan was brilliant from top to bottom.

Jaylon Smith - Because of what he had to go through to get on the field tonight.

Doug Free's:

Dak Prescott - This is nitpicky, but worth noting. He missed some wide open plays which would either have extended drives or resulted in TDs. It's nitpicky because this is the first game of the season and most teams across the league played like poop.

Game Ball:

On defense, the Usual Suspects. But I would like to add Charles Tapper, and Jaylon Smith. Both really freaking hustled out there. And considering the dismal preseason. Color me happy.

Free Ball:

Meh, too good of a mood to give out one. Am I wrong to be glad that Doug missing sticks out like the Doug from the Hangover missing? And I don't want him found?

I agree with @plan9misfit on Dak, but I'll also throw 1st half Linehan in there too. Thought we tried way too hard to get Dez involved when we should've run the ball - particularly the sequence inside the 3 yard line.

Game balls have to go to the defense. Yeah, the Giants' offensive line is trash, but we played great top to bottom. Get the young guys some confidence, add Moore and Irving back into the mix, and we might have a nice little rotation there.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

THIS might be nit picking, but how about DEZ not separating much, if at all? 

Dez doesnt separate. Hes explosive not fast. He gave "Dez Space", which was a big enough window that Dak needed to take advantage. Dak did the right thing in going high, but too often is was high and off target. 

GB.  Coaching I can not believe I am saying this but then team was as prepared and ready to play as any Dallas team I have seen in the past and with all the distractions in pre season that is really saying something. 

Elliot.   Lee.  Lawrence. Beasley Witten Williams I have to give a shout out with Williams this was as good a game from him as I can remember in regular season in the way he ran routes and caught the ball we have seen this at times from him when Dez isn't playing but a lot of times he disappears when Dez plays.  

DF.  Zip nada.  No real mistakes by anyone tonight 

Dak was close for trying to hard at one point for getting the ball to Dez and he did struggle late with accuracy but I didn't see any real mis reads and he is real good in the no huddle I think it helps him read the D gives him more time 

Finished watching game this morning....

- GB -

Defense. They did a terrific job start to finish. 
HM - A. Brown. Think Dallas hit a HR with that pick. TWill. I figured after stepping on DB's foot he was done for the night. 

- Doug Free -

Backup RBs. 4 carries. 1 yd. All from Morris. Expect that to improve, but that is not good in any fashion. 

Like others, Dak. It is nitpicky for sure, but he did miss some open throws. The first one to Dez was really bad. Speaking of Dez, 9 targets. 2 catches. That isn't going to cut it, even if it wasn't all on him. 

Archived