Games Balls and Doug Frees: Giants at Dallas

HDsportsfan

Gameballs: DeMarcus Lawrence, Terrence Williams, Sean Lee, Zeke, Jaylon.

Jockstraps: Dez, Dak, Frederick (maybe I'm only focusing on a few plays, but seems like he was getting blown up all night). Sorry but also have to include Garrett. The playcalling was atrocious at times, especially the 1st and goal on the 2 where we threw 3 straight times and then our 2nd to last possession (I believe) where we ran for a loss, ran again, and then threw a freaking screen on 3rd and 12 or whatever.

How great was it to not have DF lined up against JPP?  

GBs:  entire defense with special shout out to Tank.  He balled last night.  Lee had a monster game.  Brown had the play of the game.  Jaylon is clearly on pace.  Run defense was on point.

On offense Zeke was the man.  Ran tough all night.  The OL played to a stalemate against a good DL.  

DFs

Dak was clearly pressing and was a lot less accurate at points last night.  I think it mostly had to do with it being game 1 against a good defense.  He was bad by any stretch but he needs to get better.

whoever called 3 straight passes on 1st and goal from the 2.  Really?  Why get cute with it?  

Guys shouldn't even nitpick Dak. Plenty of people messed up last night. 

He played well. Not perfect. But how many Ints did he throw? How many fumbles did he lose? How many sacks did he take for holding on to the ball too long? If a few missed passes, passes as a possible bad game. We should lower our standards a little. :P

2 hours ago, Dirk Gently said:

Doug Free to the guys in NFL General saying Wentz looked better than Dak.  I don't know what game they watched, but I was splitting time between that game and Texans/Jville and saw Wentz hit at least 4 defenders dead in the hands.

Wentz looked sharp. But he is still throwing to very limited route trees. Wentz looked a bit Bortlesesque to me, the 2015 Bortles that is, on the move tossing it deep to very basic routes. But that will onky get you so far. Ask 2016 Bortles.

Wentz has made a huge leap though. If he continues...got to wonder what the Eagles will look like once they have a running game.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Guys shouldn't even nitpick Dak. Plenty of people messed up last night. 

He played well. Not perfect. But how many Ints did he throw? How many fumbles did he lose? How many sacks did he take for holding on to the ball too long? If a few missed passes, passes as a possible bad game. We should lower our standards a little. :P

Well said. Dak needs to set his feet quicker and not leap and toss like Rodgers when those quick openings arrive. But he took good care of the ball, never risked a bad throw, and made outstanding reads. You cannot say that about other second and third year passers. Even Goff, as accurate as he looked, didnt make the adjustments, reads and audibles that Dak was making

Dak stepped out onto the field like it was year 7 for him. Not year 2. Thats amazing.

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think some of you guys are twisting words. No one has said Dak played bad. I/We said he was inaccurate at times. Which he clearly was. He was missing high quiet often. 

I certainly don't disagree with that. It's a mechanical issue he has displayed before and worked through before. I expect it to not show up against Denver... and I expect it to be glorious :)

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I think some of you guys are twisting words. No one has said Dak played bad. I/We said he was inaccurate at times. Which he clearly was. He was missing high quiet often. 

A Doug Free ball is supposed to be a bad game. If that's not what was implied then ok. But he was just being cautious as always. He was way more erratic then this last y3ar against the same team for the first game. And we were supposedly facing an even better defense this year. 

I'm not gonna be harsh because people admitted they are nitpicking and it's fine for the most part. If it was Tony, we probably would have had 2 or 3 more passing TDs. But probably 2 or so picks that may have led to the Giants scoring and gaining some serious momentum. We sent off our Wild Bill for a Wyatt Earp. We should just be very giddy he is so far along in his development that he is not the type of player to put us in a position to lose the game. 

Label Collins, Taco, Dez,  plenty had their down stretches too. Just be happy is all I'm saying. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

A Doug Free ball is supposed to be a bad game. If that's not what was implied then ok. But he was just being cautious as always. He was way more erratic then this last y3ar against the same team for the first game. And we were supposedly facing an even better defense this year. 

I'm not gonna be harsh because people admitted they are nitpicking and it's fine for the most part. If it was Tony, we probably would have had 2 or 3 more passing TDs. But probably 2 or so picks that may have led to the Giants scoring and gaining some serious momentum. We sent off our Wild Bill for a Wyatt Earp. We should just be very giddy he is so far along in his development that he is not the type of player to put us in a position to lose the game. 

Label Collins, Taco, Dez,  plenty had their down stretches too. Just be happy is all I'm saying. 

¬¬

Archived