Biggest steals of the NFL Draft?

JMG5

What players have you noticed on your team (or others) that have been outperforming their draft position? Doesn't have to be a late round guy. Just someone who should've been drafted earlier based on their performance so far this season.

For the Saints: CGJ - he has started the last two weeks for us in the slot and I don't think hes giving that spot up anytime soon. He plays with a lot of passion and is an excellent open field tackler. Great value for a 4th round pick.

Outside of the Saints, I've got to go with Garner Minshew. 6th round pick that could potentially be the QB of the future. And who doesn't love a good mustache?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

What players have you noticed on your team (or others) that have been outperforming their draft position? Doesn't have to be a late round guy. Just someone who should've been drafted earlier based on their performance so far this season.

For the Saints: CGJ - he has started the last two weeks for us in the slot and I don't think hes giving that spot up anytime soon. He plays with a lot of passion and is an excellent open field tackler. Great value for a 4th round pick.

Outside of the Saints, I've got to go with Garner Minshew. 6th round pick that could potentially be the QB of the future. And who doesn't love a good mustache?

No idea how CGJ fell to the 4th. He was projected the best nickel corner by quite a lot of sites. Most mocks had him as a Late 1st to Mid 2nd Round Pick. I had him going to the Rams in the Early 2nd after a trade down. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Don’t forget Erik McCoy. A 2nd rounder who stepped in and is potentially playing at a higher level than Unger was when he left.

At the very least, he’s matching Unger’s performance and that’s not hyperbole 

If McCoys 2nd half of the year goes as well as the first he should absolutely get a Pro Bowl nod... (not that he’d be able to attend anyways)

Edited by Dome
  • Like 3

For the Raiders, we got a lot of value from this class. Mayock crushed it.

• I'm convinced Raiders UDFA FB Alec Ingold is one of the better lead blockers in the league already.
  • DE Maxx Crosby is a good player, given he was a 4th rounder and has been thrusted in to a lot of action early.
  • Foster Moreau is killing it as both a blocker and receiver at TE (PFF's 3rd ranked overall rookie).
  • WR Hunter Renfrow has shown great hands and caught the game winning TD last week.
  • Like 8

Max Crosby has been outplaying Ferrell for most of the year. He has been a tremendous find for a 4th round pick. He started off as a project that was only going to see the field situationally and even sustained a broken hand in the first preseason game and now he's getting starter reps and has been making a solid impact on the edge with pressure, batting down passes, and good run defense. 

Foster Moreau is the other one for us. He's the #2 TE behind Waller but he's made a ton of clutch plays catching 3 TD passes on the season, and a couple of really tough, contested catches late in the 4th quarter against the Bears and Colts. He hasnt put up eye popping numbers or anything but he's been catching just about everything thrown his way and been a part of a very good blocking unit, and looks like a guy that could grow into a really good starting caliber player, even with Waller breaking out and looking to be with the Raiders long term. They compliment eachother so well. 

There might be better steals, but the Raiders overall draft class has been very productive. Ferrell hasn't done a ton but had his best game against the Lions so we hope that trend continues and Abram is on IR since week 1, but even considering that we have Jacobs who might be the OROY, Mullens who has gotten a lot of reps since the Conley trade and has looked good (small sample size no doubt), Crosby and Moreau were already mentioned, and a couple other undrafted guys that have been playing their roles. Looks to be a very solid draft class overall. 

Edited by Mr Raider
  • Like 1

1. NB/FS Chauncey Gardner Johnson -

Early 2nd Round Projection, and currently playing that way. Was taken Early 4th. 

2. EDGE Chase Winovich -

Mid/Late 2nd Round Projection. Picked in the Mid 3rd. Playing like an Early 2nd Rounder. 

3. WR Terry McLauron -

He was projected Late 2nd/Early 3rd so he went where he was suppose to but he is playing like a 1st Round WR. He has all the tools to be great. 

Potential Steal?

CB Greedy Williams - Projected Mid-Late 1st. Went in Mid 2nd. Was a top two corner for me. We’ll see if the Browns gor great value. 

Potential greatest steal since Brady?

QB Ryan Finley

Finley was my QB2 behind Murray and I had a Mid 1st Round grade on him. He went in the Early 4th Round. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

just handled two top 5 defenses with no issues as a spot starter for a hall of famer. Kid is going to be a good one.

I always try to hype up guys not getting enough love as prospects. Posted a lot about Ryan Finley, Andre Dilliard, Terry McLaurin, Julian Love, and Chase Winovich. Hope Love gets his chance at some point, he sticks like glue and ultra competitive. 

Another guy I hyped up a lot in draft threads: Bryce Love. This dude would of easily been a 1st Rounder and RB2 to Barkley if he didn’t get injured and go back his senior season. That line was trash in his final year and he was still recovering from surgery. 

Bryce Love will tear this league apart when healthy. Mark my words. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I always try to hype up guys not getting enough love as prospects. Posted a lot about Ryan Finley, Andre Dilliard, Terry McLaurin, Julian Love, and Chase Winovich. Hope Love gets his chance at some point, he sticks like glue and ultra competitive. 

Another guy I hyped up a lot in draft threads: Bryce Love. This dude would of easily been a 1st Rounder and RB2 to Barkley if he didn’t get injured and go back his senior season. That line was trash in his final year and he was still recovering from surgery. 

Bryce Love will tear this league apart when healthy. Mark my words. 

He plays for the Redskins, so I doubt he ever sees the field. Not sure if I have faith in their FO to put the best 11 players out there on the field.

• Like 1