Biggest steals of the NFL Draft?

JMG5

58 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Justin Skule for the 49ers. 6th round rookie tackle who has done a terrific job filling in for Joe Staley. It seemed a lot of fans were worried about him coming in, because he didn't look very good in preseason. However, he's performed better than anyone could have expected. 

I've probably been less impressed with Skule than most NIners fans. Just feel like Shanahan has coached around him and Jimmy G has gotten rid of the ball extremely quick since Skule has taken over from Staley. But nonetheless he has been good enough and that's all you can hope for from a 6th rounder replacing one of the best LTs of this generation. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've probably been less impressed with Skule than most NIners fans. Just feel like Shanahan has coached around him and Jimmy G has gotten rid of the ball extremely quick since Skule has taken over from Staley. But nonetheless he has been good enough and that's all you can hope for from a 6th rounder replacing one of the best LTs of this generation. 

Agreed. 

Minshew has played great, but I believe Jax is going with Foles soon. Foles got an $88M 4 year contract, so I don't know what that means for Minshew. Minshew is cheap for another 4 years but maybe it turns into a JG/Cassel, etc. type trade if Jax goes with Foles?

Either way that's the 'steal' so far. The other ROY of the year candidates were all drafted in the first 2 days. You expect those guys to produce. Maybe some are producing more than expected (WR for Skins) but you still expect results. STEALS to me are 5th round+.

11 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Definitely agree with Metcalf. How did anyone think stopping a 6'3 220 dude who runs a 4.3 would be easy? 

His skill set is able to shine in that offense because Wilson buys time and throws an accurate, catchable deep ball. 

DKs hands are so so and his route running is poor. He had to go to the right place to look like he has so far 

• Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 7:59 PM, ninjapirate said:
On 11/6/2019 at 7:57 PM, BayRaider said:

Dilliard was my top OL in the draft, by far. He can definitely be considered a steal. His pass protection is unreal. 

just handled two top 5 defenses with no issues as a spot starter for a hall of famer. Kid is going to be a good one.

Andre Dillard survives the Khalil Mack test

Dillard didn’t completely neutralize Mack, and he had some help, but he really held his own against one of the league’s elite pass rushers. Mack finished with four tackles, one QB hit and zero sacks in the Eagles’ 22-14 win over the Bears at the Linc

7 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Definitely agree with Metcalf. How did anyone think stopping a 6'3 220 dude who runs a 4.3 would be easy? 

They all just looked at his combine agility drills and everyone wanted to collectively hot take it together. Meanwhile his game film showed that he was far more agile than those drills would lead you to believe.

He's not Calvin Johnson, but what he absolutely can be is Demaryius Thomas.