Biggest steals of the NFL Draft?

JMG5

On 11/7/2019 at 11:54 PM, goldfishwars said:

Definitely agree with Metcalf. How did anyone think stopping a 6'3 220 dude who runs a 4.3 would be easy? 

He has looked better then i expected i thought it would take a few years like it did for Tate to develop but he has been producing right away.

i think what happened with metcalf was in the lead up he was probably getting mocked just a touch too early - i saw a few sending him to buffalo at nine - and then all of a sudden everyone cooled off on him at the same time, but overcompensated with it and he ended up falling too far from where he should’ve been

the run on corners early in the second probably didn’t help either because some of those teams that went corner like arizona could’ve easily went metcalf too

3 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

i think what happened with metcalf was in the lead up he was probably getting mocked just a touch too early - i saw a few sending him to buffalo at nine - and then all of a sudden everyone cooled off on him at the same time, but overcompensated with it and he ended up falling too far from where he should’ve been

the run on corners early in the second probably didn’t help either because some of those teams that went corner like arizona could’ve easily went metcalf too

I think he's a classic example of people focussing on checking off all-round skills, instead of focusing on the things he can do extremely well. Guys who can do lots of things well can be less impactful than those who can do fewer things to a point where teams have to account for them snap after snap. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I think he's a classic example of people focussing on checking off all-round skills, instead of focusing on the things he can do extremely well. Guys who can do lots of things well can be less impactful than those who can do fewer things to a point where teams have to account for them snap after snap. 

I disagree, I think Metcaff is limited in what kinds of offensive schemes he fits so that limited the draft pool for him.

He fits offenses like Philly, Baltimore, Seattle.  The previous two had went wr already in the draft I still believe JJ had a higher ceiling and will be Alshons replacement .

On 11/8/2019 at 3:07 AM, N4L said:

His skill set is able to shine in that offense because Wilson buys time and throws an accurate, catchable deep ball. 

DKs hands are so so and his route running is poor. He had to go to the right place to look like he has so far 

Dude I hadn't read your post before I typed that comment it's like I read your mind ^^.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I disagree, I think Metcaff is limited in what kinds of offensive schemes he fits so that limited the draft pool for him.

He fits offenses like Philly, Baltimore, Seattle.  The previous two had went wr already in the draft I still believe JJ had a higher ceiling and will be Alshons replacement .

His skillset isn't scheme specific at all, every offense can do with a vertical threat. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

His skillset isn't scheme specific at all, every offense can do with a vertical threat. 

I never get the "deep threat is scheme specific" arguments.  Every team could use a deep threat or two.  And in that case I think DK was properly drafted and isn't really a steal.  I had a similar opinion when Bryant was going off with the Steelers and people were talking about finding a WR in the 3rd.  Well, he only ran 3 routes.  WR Screen, Slant, Fly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I never get the "deep threat is scheme specific" arguments.  Every team could use a deep threat or two.  And in that case I think DK was properly drafted and isn't really a steal.  I had a similar opinion when Bryant was going off with the Steelers and people were talking about finding a WR in the 3rd.  Well, he only ran 3 routes.  WR Screen, Slant, Fly.

Yeah but let's take a look at context. He has had injury concerns in college, was known as a poor route runner. 

Has a 4.3 40 he screams 1 and done contract to me, and I think he was properly drafted. The value of that skillset makes him more likely to have a better return at his pick than Hollywood Brown at his pick. 

I know there's a lot to absorb there but it's more probable than not that my statements hold up imo.