Biggest steals of the NFL Draft?

JMG5

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Yeah but let's take a look at context. He has had injury concerns in college, was known as a poor route runner. 

Has a 4.3 40 he screams 1 and done contract to me, and I think he was properly drafted. The value of that skillset makes him more likely to have a better return at his pick than Hollywood Brown at his pick. 

I know there's a lot to absorb there but it's more probable than not that my statements hold up imo.

No very much in line with my thinking that I didn't add to it.  Where he got drafted matches past positions of others with a few red flags (injuries, drugs, hands); limited route ability; and possible no ST contribution.  You typically get great production for the position, then you let them walk and get the comp pick for them being overpaid.  Heck with the Steelers in recent years we've seen that happen quite a few times (Wallace, Bryant, Coats).  The hard part is not being able to spot this talent, it's being smart enough to walk away from the talent and finding a cheap replacement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The hard part is not being able to spot this talent, it's being smart enough to walk away from the talent and finding a cheap replacement.

Well that's why the Metcalf pick is great because speed guys that need to be developed are always available in rounds 4 or 5 I feel.

So in 2 to 3 years I assume they'll hedge that bet and it will be a smooth transition. I love the way Seattle is ran organizationally. I feel like they're looking for specific players and skill sets rather than grading and Pigeon Hole prospects.  That's how you get a Chris Carson round 7.

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 2

And I'm going to homer it up for a second:

Is it possible for a 10th overall pick to be a steal?  Yea Bosa and Allen are doing some absolutely stellar things, but let's not over look what Devin Bush has done with the Steelers.  Rookie leader in tackles (24th in the NFL), 6 passes defended (5th for LB's), 2 INT, 4 fumble recoveries (1st in LB's).  He's taken over some play calling duties and has been absolutely great at it.  Between Devin and Minkah (along with Nelson the only 3 new parts of the defense) we've gone from bottom 3rd to top 5 defense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

And I'm going to homer it up for a second:

Is it possible for a 10th overall pick to be a steal?  Yea Bosa and Allen are doing some absolutely stellar things, but let's not over look what Devin Bush has done with the Steelers. 

I think Minkah is the biggest steal especially if that pick turns out to be in the 20s.

As far as Bush I'm definitely ticked off that Elway didn't land a 2020 second instead of 3rd lol. Regarding of how much I like Fant. 

18 hours ago, warfelg said:

I never get the "deep threat is scheme specific" arguments.  Every team could use a deep threat or two.  And in that case I think DK was properly drafted and isn't really a steal.  I had a similar opinion when Bryant was going off with the Steelers and people were talking about finding a WR in the 3rd.  Well, he only ran 3 routes.  WR Screen, Slant, Fly.

Bryant's issues weren't to do with his game though, entirely off field. Deep threats in Metcalf's physical package are rare, was clearly worth a 1st round pick. Teams have invested a lot of 1st round picks on speed and for good reason, it forces the hand of the defense. He's a steal at the end of the second. 

• Like 2

5th round WR Darius Slayton deserves a mention after his 10 catch, 121 yard, 2 TD performance. He’s 7th among rookies in receiving yards, and tied for 1st in touchdowns. He was a height, weight, speed prospect with mediocre college production and questionable hands. Could be a solid #2 receiver in this league if he keeps it up. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gmen said:

5th round WR Darius Slayton deserves a mention after his 10 catch, 121 yard, 2 TD performance. He’s 7th among rookies in receiving yards, and tied for 1st in touchdowns. He was a height, weight, speed prospect with mediocre college production and questionable hands. Could be a solid #2 receiver in this league if he keeps it up. 

Do you think he's worth bidding on in fantasy football? How much would you spend on him with 81$ dollars left?

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Do you think he's worth bidding on in fantasy football? How much would you spend on him with 81$ dollars left?

He’s on a bye week then facing a good Bears and Packers secondary so I’d be wary. He has a low floor because the Giants whole team is a mess. I took a flyer on him in DFS when he had 2 TDs versus the Lions and that paid off.