Week 10 - Rams @ Steelers

RamRod

Just now, rocky_rams said:

We can blame refs all we want. They’re not gonna change because nobody holds them accountable 

but our team needs to play better no question. I haven’t seen the entire game other than 3 mins to go in the 4th yet, but Goff underwhelmed again. His stat line was poor. I can imagine it’s locking down receivers and not reading the defense correctly. 

Gurley had good stats.  surprised he wasn’t used more.

I hope Goff and the OL are able to keep developing this season so at least we can have something positive to look forward to next season 

Agree on refs. I just blame them because the Steelers got so many crucial calls that I don't believe were 50/50. 

Goff wasn't good but I'm not sure he could do much more. The OL was bad and not a ton of separation from WRs. He wasn't overthrowing guys like we've seen in the past.

Gurleys usage was frustrating. He was seeing the field well on runs and the other guys didn't provide juice to justify taking him off the field m

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If what Goff did was a fumble, what Rudolph did was a fumble. And that wasn't a fumble on Rudolph. But easily the most egregious of those plays were the uncalled DPI on Reynolds after all the garbage ticky tack crap they called on us and the DPI on the interception.

It was almost like they called the Kupp PI on the final drive to give us one. I understand they didn't want to call it on 4th down but it was the most egregious PI of the game and they didn't call it... And I felt like the 2nd most egregious PI was the push off Juju had on Ramsey when Fowler jumped off in the first half. Also uncalled. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Agree on refs. I just blame them because the Steelers got so many crucial calls that I don't believe were 50/50. 

Goff wasn't good but I'm not sure he could do much more. The OL was bad and not a ton of separation from WRs. He wasn't overthrowing guys like we've seen in the past.

Gurleys usage was frustrating. He was seeing the field well on runs and the other guys didn't provide juice to justify taking him off the field m

McVay not using Gurley in the 4th quarter was inexcusable. He led us down the field in the third quarter for a scoring drive. Of course, our offense stalled on that drive when McVay pulled him out and Brown caused a penalty. And then McVay didn't use him after that. I was furious.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff isn't a miracle worker. He's a pocket passer who is getting no protection. And because we can't protect him, the Steelers started squatting on the quick passes and playing tight man coverage. There was little he could do in this game. He's not going to get it done behind this OL. We better be ready to invest some serious resources into solving the problem this offseason.

I understand he isn’t a miracle worker but he can’t have games this bad. You’re right, the OL is trash 

Half the teams in the league have bad OLs but when you pay someone that much money then he needs to produce. 

Otherwise take less money so that the team can put a formidable OL around you. 

The great QBs have mediocre games and bad ones. I can take Goff being mediocre or even bad against elite defenses but he hasnt even been bad. He’s been awful 

i think he will get better eventually and become elite but it won’t be anytime soon

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

We can blame refs all we want. They’re not gonna change because nobody holds them accountable 

but our team needs to play better no question. I haven’t seen the entire game other than 3 mins to go in the 4th yet, but Goff underwhelmed again. His stat line was poor. I can imagine it’s locking down receivers and not reading the defense correctly. 

Gurley had good stats.  surprised he wasn’t used more.

I hope Goff and the OL are able to keep developing this season so at least we can have something positive to look forward to next season 

I wouldn't get my hopes up on the Oline improving. To make matters worse Les has no first round picks or cap space to improve it next season.

Edited by Hopper
  • Like 1

Just now, rocky_rams said:

I understand he isn’t a miracle worker but he can’t have games this bad. You’re right, the OL is trash 

Half the teams in the league have bad OLs but when you pay someone that much money then he needs to produce. 

Otherwise take less money so that the team can put a formidable OL around you. 

The great QBs have mediocre games and bad ones. I can take Goff being mediocre or even bad against elite defenses but he hasnt even been bad. He’s been awful 

i think he will get better eventually and become elite but it won’t be anytime soon

Our OL was at the bottom of the league before we lost Allen and Havenstein. You need to rewatch the game and see how bad the protection was.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

McVay not using Gurley in the 4th quarter was inexcusable. He led us down the field in the third quarter for a scoring drive. Of course, our offense stalled on that drive when McVay pulled him out and Brown caused a penalty. And then McVay didn't use him after that. I was furious.

This is what i was so mad about. Gurley looked good today and its the 4th quarter we are down by 2 getting the ball back after the safety. Sean decides to use brown like wow. I know sean wants to limit his carries but sheesh thats when we need to use todd especially when he was running well but nope. I was so pissed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hopper said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up on the Oline improving. To make matters worse Les has no first round picks or cap space to improve it next season.

We'll have the cap space to sign an OL or two. And you can find a good interior OL with a 2nd or 3rd round pick. But we need our young guys to step up to have a chance.

6 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Does anyone know why we started Edwards at RG and Blythe at LG? I missed that if it was ever said or explained. 

Nobody ever said. I'm thinking we did that because we were hoping Whitworth could help cover for how terrible Blythe has been. 

There was some positive ms outta todays game. The defense played real well its just the offense that let everyone down even tho they had rudolph at QB.

i thought todd looked real good even though hes stuck behind such a bad oline.

besides that i dont think playoffs is happening this year.

• Like 2

Crazy though 2 years in a row our d has been suspect. And now this year they’re basically carrying the team. The o sucks. Not Mitch level but they should be way better. The pats destroyed this steelers team with ease. And we couldn’t get a yard without making a blood sacrifice. 

• Like 1