Week 10 - Rams @ Steelers

RamRod

Our OL, which already sucked, is now down three starters. Our season is done. And what a screwjob today. They didn't just give every major 50/50 call to the Steelers, but the booth aided and abetted them in doing it. Let's go down the list:

1. Goff fumble for a TD - At best a 50/50 call, at worst not a fumble.

2. Washington TD catch - At best a 50/50 call, at worst not a catch.

3. Fumble after the interception - At best a 50/50 call, at worst a fumble.

4. Interception called back for DPI - Not DPI, and knowing these refs, there probably wasn't defensive holding either.

5. Reynolds incompletion on 4th down in the endzone - I would say not DPI if they allowed them to play, but they didn't. They called us for multiple BS ticky tack calls.

Just unbelievable. And I'm not going to get into the petty stuff. Each of those 5 plays could have swung the game our way. #2 and #3 are probably the least significant. What a BS game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Our OL, which already sucked, is now down three starters. Our season is done. And what a screwjob today. They didn't just give every major 50/50 call to the Steelers, but the booth aided and abetted them in doing it. Let's go down the list:

1. Goff fumble for a TD - At best a 50/50 call, at worst not a fumble.

2. Washington TD catch - At best a 50/50 call, at worst not a catch.

3. Fumble after the interception - At best a 50/50 call, at worst a fumble.

4. Interception called back for DPI - Not DPI, and knowing these refs, there probably wasn't defensive holding either.

5. Reynolds incompletion on 4th down in the endzone - I would say not DPI if they allowed them to play, but they didn't. They called us for multiple BS ticky tack calls.

Just unbelievable. And I'm not going to get into the petty stuff. Each of those 5 plays could have swung the game our way. #2 and #3 are probably the least significant. What a BS game.

I would also add that they gave Pittsburgh the ball after the punt return fumble with McQuaide came up with it. I'd love to know how they determined Pittsburgh had position. 

• Like 1

Just now, LeotheLion said:

I would also add that they gave Pittsburgh the ball after the punt return fumble with McQuaide came up with it. I'd love to know how they determined Pittsburgh had position. 

I think Pittsburgh did come up with that. It looked like Vince Williams had it.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I think Pittsburgh did come up with that. It looked like Vince Williams had it.

The closeup looked like he never really had it even though he should of. 

The Rams offense was pathetic today but I'm heated that the refs really aided in this loss. I don't think the Goff fumble was called correctly. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Yeah. Goff isn’t ready this season was lost. It’s ok, we paid with blood for last years success. But Goff is straight cheeks and can’t be relied upon to carry the offense. No idea why Mcvay went away from todd running the ball. 

Goff is straight *** cheeks... absolutely nailed that one 

We can blame refs all we want. They’re not gonna change because nobody holds them accountable 

but our team needs to play better no question. I haven’t seen the entire game other than 3 mins to go in the 4th yet, but Goff underwhelmed again. His stat line was poor. I can imagine it’s locking down receivers and not reading the defense correctly. 

Gurley had good stats.  surprised he wasn’t used more.

I hope Goff and the OL are able to keep developing this season so at least we can have something positive to look forward to next season 

• Like 1

Just now, LeotheLion said:

The closeup looked like he never really had it even though he should of. 

The Rams offense was pathetic today but I'm heated that the refs really aided in this loss. I don't think the Goff fumble was called correctly. 

If what Goff did was a fumble, what Rudolph did was a fumble. And that wasn't a fumble on Rudolph. But easily the most egregious of those plays were the uncalled DPI on Reynolds after all the garbage ticky tack crap they called on us and the DPI on the interception.

• Like 1

Just now, rocky_rams said:

We can blame refs all we want. They’re not gonna change because nobody holds them accountable 

but our team needs to play better no question. I haven’t seen the entire game other than 3 mins to go in the 4th yet, but Goff underwhelmed again. His stat line was poor. I can imagine it’s locking down receivers and not reading the defense correctly. 

Gurley had good stats.  surprised he wasn’t used more.

I hope Goff and the OL are able to keep developing this season so at least we can have something positive to look forward to next season 

Goff isn't a miracle worker. He's a pocket passer who is getting no protection. And because we can't protect him, the Steelers started squatting on the quick passes and playing tight man coverage. There was little he could do in this game. He's not going to get it done behind this OL. We better be ready to invest some serious resources into solving the problem this offseason.