GDT 11/10/19 Week 10: 6-2 Baltimore Ravens vs 0-8 Cincinnati Bengals

DreamKid

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

So another fun fact. Lamar Jackson with this game ties Tom Brady (and a few others) with the two perfect passer rating games in a career.

He also joins Big Ben as the only other QB to have two perfect passer games in a single season.

Peyton Manning, Big Ben, and Kurt Warner are the only QBs with more perfect passer games in a career.

Checks how Christian McCaffrey did today

Oh look at that, time to head back into the MVP Comparison thread!

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

yOu JuSt HaVe To PlAy MoAr SaFeTiEs

Listen. All you need are two generational talents on the edge to rush the passer, right? They need to get pressure on basically every play. Then you need a great NT who can basically chew up 2-3 blockers in each direction. Then you need a secondary that can play 3 safeties and 3 CB's against the run. Oh, you also need Derwin James.

IT'S EASY!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Had a feeling this was coming. Bowser's play this year has been great. 

Its good to see Harbaughs tone regarding Tyus Bowser has changed from ”has to prove more” to Bowser being praised for his work ethics and improvements. From a contribution standpoint, he is still behind of what we should expect from a 2. Round pick, even though he was regarded as a raw prospect rather than a refined pass rusher.

We can just hope it clicks for him sooner rather than later, because we really need him later in the season and also next season where we have to do something to retool our outside linebacker group.

14 minutes ago, Danand said:

We can just hope it clicks for him sooner rather than later, because we really need him later in the season and also next season where we have to do something to retool our outside linebacker group.

Yea Bowser's continued ascension could go a long way towards us avoiding the Judon contract hanging over our heads too. It's the Ravens way. Develop the young guys and let them step into the starting role vacated by players leaving for a FA overpay. It's been a log jam lately with so many talented EDGE players having been in house, but it's the natural order of things. 

Beyond the super established guys like Marlon and Earl, I don't think anyone is currently stacking better than Bowser and Clark. They're adhering to Steve Smith's make a play a day mentality. Whether it's PBUs, strips, drawn holding penalties, Sacks, run stuffs, tight coverage, you name it. They're making themselves known and playing smart mistake free football. Which is exactly what you want from two young players just coming into some significant time on defense. They'll be two major names for us on this stretch run I think.

Was just reading up on this game. Didn’t realize that one of Lamar’s incompletions came from him clocking the ball at the end of the second half.

That makes the performance that much more impressive. One legit incompletion on the day... and then RG3 comes in and tosses an interception. No offense to him as he’s not practicing with these guys as much as Lamar gets to and I believe in him as a backup QB as much as you can believe in your backup QB, but it does provide a context to this game unique even to the Miami game where RG3 came in and also had success against the Dolphins.

7 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Yeah, I try to keep my emotions and expectations in check but right now we feel "special". 

For the first time in a long time, I go into every game thinking we're gonna win. Having the best player (current form) at the most important position helps a ton.

Edited by M.10.E

25 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

For the first time in a long time, I go into every game thinking we're gonna win. Having the best player (current form) at the most important position helps a ton.

Yeah, I feel Lamar gives us a chance to win any game we're in. I had zero SB expectations this year. Now I feel it's a disappointment if we don't make a run. So proud of your team. 

6 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I'm not sure why Bowser is losing so many snaps to Ferguson. You can see how much more explosive and impactful he's been.

I think it comes down to position. If Judon had gone down and not McPhee, you'd see Tyus take on a lot more reps. Bowser is also on kick coverage units and will naturally concede reps at OLB because of it. 

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

That hit Lamar takes in the pocket is the hardest of his career. And he receives it while casually flicking an accurate TD downfield. Lots of narrative breakers in this one folks. Enjoy.

You know you're on your way to an MVP nod when you throw the ball perfectly to the Ref. icon_lol.gif

I wanna be tired of seeing that 47 yard run, but it was too spicy. When yo hit circle to do that spin move... yikes!

Let's keep getting this money against the Texans!

• Like 1