TOP 5 GRADES:

CB Kendall Fuller, 85.2 overall grade

LB Zach Brown, 84.7 overall grade

CB Josh Norman, 81.4 overall grade

OT Trent Williams, 81.2 overall grade

DI Jonathan Allen, 77.9 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

QB KIRK COUSINS, 42.4 OVERALL GRADE

Cousins first game of the season was a rough start, as he was under pressure on 19 of his 47 dropbacks, and only completed 42.9 percent of those passes

RT MORGAN MOSES, 55.3 OVERALL GRADE & RG BRANDON SCHERFF, 41.9 OVERALL GRADE

The right side of the offensive line for Washington had major issues in pass protection as they gave nine total pressures between them, as Morgan also gave up three sacks himself.

LB ZACH BROWN, 84.7 OVERALL GRADE

Brown’s energy and aggression adds a new dimension to Washington’s front seven. He was at his best against the Eagles, finishing with five defensive stops and a run defense grade of 94.3. Brown lived in the backfield, adjusting to the misdirection of Philadelphia’s run game with ease. The only blot on an otherwise perfect copybook was the touchdown he allowed in coverage. Washington are building a strong spine.

SAFETIES DESHAZOR EVERETT (31.6 OVERALL GRADE) & D.J. SWEARINGER(36.0 OVERALL GRADE)

Safety remains the Redskins’ greatest area of defensive frailty. Swearinger set the tone at times with big hits on receivers across the middle, but he remains some way short when it comes to man-to-man coverage. In total, he allowed a perfect passer rating of 158.3. Everett similarly struggled covering backs and tightends throughout the contest, giving up all four targets for 53 yards. Together, the pair additionally missed four tackles.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-philadelphia-eagles-30-washington-redskins-17

C Chase Roullier, Washington Redskins (82.3 overall grade, 95 snaps)

Roullier had his struggles this preseason in pass protection as he ranked 50th out of 66 qualified centers with a 96.7 PBE, he surrendered two pressures (a hit and a sack) on just 53 pass attempts. Where the sixth-round rookie out of Wyoming shined though was in the run game, where his 85.2 run blocking grade led all centers, by a significant margin (next closest center in terms of run blocking grade was Deyshawn Bond at 80.6).

insight about maybe our future starting center also

If/when the Football Outsiders info breaks out on the game (I think Wednesday), I'll post about it as well to get a second take on the players.

Someone please remind me to do that ... my memory isn't what it once was. And back then, it sucked.

9 hours ago, Woz said:

If/when the Football Outsiders info breaks out on the game (I think Wednesday), I'll post about it as well to get a second take on the players.

Someone please remind me to do that ... my memory isn't what it once was. And back then, it sucked.

I'll remind you boss. Lol ? 

Archived