PFF week 1 notes/ratings

mar29020

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

turtle Grant sucks he had one big play which was the screen . For someone that's been in the NFL for 4 years I expect much more . Pryor I can understand he still made plays ans this is his second year at wideout .

grant shouldn't start I rather have Maurice Harris over Grant .

now I might be the only one who thinks that but Grant sucks . 

Grant doesn't suck, he's average. If he's your 3rd wr and you are running 3 wr sets most of the game, he's a 50-60 catch, 600 to 700 yard, 3 or 4 TD guy for a season. He was our most consistent wr yesterday and yes, that's not good but it is what it is.

What hurt us yesterday was:

1st. poor OL play which affects not only Kirk, but obviously the running game.

2nd. Kirk played bad - my grade for him was a D - except for a stretch before his in, like the 2nd through 3rd quarters where he was like 14 for 20 and was getting in a rhythm. Kirk didn't target what should be his #1 & 2 targets (Reed & Crowdee enough). We pushed the ball downfield too much, instead of going quick game to Reed, Crowder, Pryor, Thompson and Grant in that order. That would open up the opportunity eventually that we could go deep, but we forced downfield throws far more than the last two years.

3rd. We couldn't run the ball because the OL isn't doing a good job in the run game and Gruden gives up on it too soon. Not running more in the redzone is completely idiotic, the run game wants up the pass, particularly in the redzone. It's needed to help loosen up tight windows. 

We need to run the ball more than 13 times a game, even if we're running for under 4 yards a carry because we need more balance. Even if we are playing from behind, we still need to show more balance. Just the threat of the run helps our passing game. We can run ply action and bootlegs off of our running game. We need it to help the passing game even if we aren't going to run for 100 yards a game.

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I still can't believe we're trying to convert a former corner into a strong safety. 9_9

Cravens really screwed us over.  If only Landon Collins had lasted until our pick in the 2nd round...

I'm not overly concerned. Zach Ertz is one of the best pass catching TEs in the NFL, Everett also should improve as he gets more playing time. He may be a former corner, but he's a solid tackler most of the time and an aggressive hitter, he just needs a bit of time to develop.

2 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

HUGE problem is when kirk is struggling we give him no run game support to lean on. its absolutely ridiculous to expect him to be aaron rodgers.

But he wants to be payed like him,You have to be able to carry your team on your shoulders if you want that paycheck.He has shown many times that he can not !

2 minutes ago, TKellion said:

But he wants to be payed like him,You have to be able to carry your team on your shoulders if you want that paycheck.He has shown many times that he can not !

dude thats what the market is! any qb is plays good is gonna get PAID.

22 minutes ago, TKellion said:

It's 50/50. He's shown just as many times that he can delivered in the clutch than the times he's choked. It really sucks Moses got beat so bad by Graham because I was really thinking that Kirk was getting in a better rhythm and had a chance to lead us down for the go ahead TD.

13 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

These CBs shut down the receivers they were covering

I'm telling ya, Bree is still a good corner. He's not great, but people under sell him. Even last year he only truly had a few bad games and they were vs elite WRs and he did battle two ankle injuries for most of the year.

35 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Grant doesn't suck, he's average. If he's your 3rd wr and you are running 3 wr sets most of the game, he's a 50-60 catch, 600 to 700 yard, 3 or 4 TD guy for a season. 

You really need to stop saying this. A dude who had caught 36 balls for 403 yards is not automatically a 50 ball - 600 guy. He's literally not even topped that in the totality of his Career, and you're expecting him to double his TD rate (again, of his career).

He is not a good football player. He's being force-fed balls because of the coaching staff/front office spite to a guy they let go.

6 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

He's being force-fed balls because of the coaching staff/front office spite to a guy they let go.

Out of curiosity, which one do you think they are spiting? Garcon or Jackson?

While I might be in the minority who thinks they should have kept Pierre over DeSean, I do think it's ridiculous that they let both walk out the door.

Archived